Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!

Go down 
+50
sophia
Max
Caz
wombat
Deb
TheCloudPainter
amthi
Oma
purplehaze
Denise1971
firefly71
Relle
Tamara
Couchsurfer
MissKax
lastchancelil
Gail
horseapplerancher
Jelle
minimizeme
Jillybean
El Jefe
kittycat
Magic Princess
ang
Sam
Xantia
tracefromspace
Kaili
Peter1969
jodi
jacquilove77
Cathy
Shanna
newlife
ssteph2342
Kiwi
chrysalis
Captain Legless
Donna-lee
Liquefied_stars
KahunaLou
applesauce
bigbugger71
Jezzybel
sue
nicolev1969
chrisbychic
FaddingAway
Admin
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey all,

Firstly, I am going to put a warning here, so that everyone can see there will be some talk with appropriate adult content here. If you are easily offended, please dont read this thread it may not be for everyone, however, there are some valid questions that need asking and answering, and after all. this is the place for it!!!
Thanks gals and guys!

Hayley
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
horseapplerancher

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 4:30 am

they are external...tmi I know,but I hate it. So I can get them removed? I though that was dangerous if they burst? anyhow, I read somewhere that a poor diet low in fiber causes them. Or helps aid in them becoming a pain in the you know what. I wwas hoping when my diet changes they would go away. Thanks I see the doc on the 7th I can go over it then thanks.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptySun 04 Jan 2009, 6:17 am

Hi HAR

I too have had the dreaded 'roids including an external one which was removed by surgery (not a nice place to have a couple of stitches believe me). I had to have a colonoscopy in September so got the Dr to zap the others while he was in the vicinity.

Preparation H is a good reliever for them that you can get at Walgreen's. Also make sure you eat enough fiber to keep everything regular.

Best wishes
Gail
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptySun 04 Jan 2009, 5:16 am

Hi HAR
Only one way to ask - come right out with it, like you did!
I have haemorroids, and have had them for years. Sometimes they're worse than others, however the operation hasn't affected them at all, either way. Don't see how it could, either.
You do know there's cream you can get from the chemist, don't you? I find the one with local anaesthetic very helpful.
Good luck!
Chris
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptySun 04 Jan 2009, 3:45 am

I don't know how to ask...here goes has anyone had hemmoriods preop?ok now did they go away or not bother you post op down the road? I just got the demon things about two months ago I have tried everything!!!!!I think it is my bad eating habits. thanks
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptySat 03 Jan 2009, 7:18 am

Thanks for your comments, everyone.
Isn't it interesting that we're all experiencing this? Whoever gets to the doc first will have to ask them about it and get back to us!
As for burping, yes it's quite normal - there's even a thread on it somewhere - but it gets better over time.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Jelle
Jelle

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptySat 03 Jan 2009, 5:56 am

Hey guys...
Im just wondering if anyone has any trouble with burping! lol
Not huge loud earth shaking burps... but pretty much every time i eat/drink its like there air stuck under it.. if that makes sense..
I was sleeved just over 4 weeks ago - is this normal?! does it go away!!?? lol
I'm so glad i found the embarassing question conversation! lol I'm sure ill be back later lol!
cheers !
x elle
Back to top Go down
http://www.ellehobson.com
minimizeme
minimizeme

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptySat 03 Jan 2009, 4:22 am

Hi Chris, Steph and Jillybean,

same issue here, since the op in late Nov. Prior to being sleeved I normally suffered from a very sluggish digestion, so had regular constipation. Not now!

I've also gone "off" alot of foods & drinks. Tea & Coffee are no longer enjoyable. Alcohol doesnt interest me (and I used to love a wine or two). oh, and cakes, slices, choc not the same anymore. I'm pretty happy with all this though. I do wonder if tastes will change back to presleeve as the months progress.
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 02 Jan 2009, 7:18 am

Hi Chris and Steph

I was sleeved on the 5th November and have had the same problem since I have been sleeved - virtually from Day 1. I get it at anytime of the day. When I was banded I was more constipated but now I am never and at least every second day I am running to the toilet and as you say Steph its the extreme urgency that's the worry because there's not always a toilet around!!!!!!

It doesn't seem to matter what food I eat. I thought it maybe the couple of pieces of fruit I eat during the day and I stopped that for a day or two but it didn't make any difference.

I haven't worried about it because I hate being constipated and thought this was the better option and my warped fat mind keeps telling me I will hopefully lose weight quicker!!!!!

It will be interesting to see if any others have the same problem.

Jill
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 02 Jan 2009, 1:07 am

Well, Steph, I'm sorry it's the same for you, but glad that that I'm not alone, and you understand.
Unfortunately, I don't think it's related to Christmas because it's been happening to me over the last several months. At first I didn't relate it to the sleeve - just a bug. Now, though, I have to wonder - although it's hard to tell, when there is a recurrent tummy bug around at the same time.
It usually starts for me within 1/2 hour of getting up in the morning. I'm okay through the night, but then I have to go. This morning I must have gone about 10 times in about 3 hours!
In the past I've gone straight to the Immodium, but today I thought I'd wait it out and see - bad choice! And the Immodium started working as soon as I took it this time, which isn't always the case, so I'm feeling a little saner now than I was a few hours ago.
Funny you should mention this and work - although I wasn't really considering the bypass, I did look at the info and one of the things mentioned was that you might need your own toilet facilities at work - can you imagine?!!!
Hopefully some others will let us know if they've experienced the same thing, so we can put this in perspective.
Good luck with the food trials, and I'll be interested to hear how you go.
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 02 Jan 2009, 12:51 am

Hi Chris,

I can relate to what you say word for word.

I agree it's nothing like the dumping syndrome but is an urgency to make it to the toilet and like you said sometimes you can't always get there on time ......... it's happened to me too. Although this problem has only been recent with the extreme urgency and spending every 30 minutes or less in the loo. Hope it's not a permanent thing. Can't imagine going to work like this. I've decided today to start eating exactly as I do when I'm working and see if this fixes things (eg same meals that I have every day when at work). Maybe it's the change of diet over Christmas??

steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Tummy bugs and lactose intolerance   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 02 Jan 2009, 12:46 am

Okay, back to the tummy bug ... from another thread.
Has anyone else noticed that they seem more prone to tummy bugs since the sleeve?
I know there's a bug going around just now, and I seem to have it - again (yes, Steph, just like you) - but I seem to get an awful lot of tummy bugs the last few months. I don't always get nauseous but I get diahorrea a lot. And sometimes there's not much warning, either - and I hate to admit it, but there have been accidents. Something I'd much rather avoid, believe me!
I'm not talking about dumping syndrome either - when you have too much sugar or fat - but times when it happens for no apparent reason, and your diet's been normal.
On a similar track, I seem to be more lactose intolerant than I was before the sleeve, too. I noticed over the last couple of years that if I had too much dairy, it would send me running to the loo - but it was easily controlled by being a little bit careful. That also seems to have worsened. Has anyone else experienced this?
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 03 Dec 2008, 10:28 am

Rice Cake

i also have the mirena coil and i had bleeding for two days after op but very light but having the mirena has meant for me an early menopause im only 45 but doesnt matter i certainly dont want anymore kids my baby just turned 18

Cheers Sue The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 63412
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyTue 02 Dec 2008, 12:16 am

Xantia wrote:
Xantia wrote:

Dont know if i should worry about the extra period as i have an implanon implant and havent had one for 6 years (this is my 2nd one). It'd b very odd to get one now after nopt having one for soooo long. The last one i had was actually the month before i fell pregnant with keala whose 7 in Feb

Cheers
Xan

grr should have guessed that saying something like that we guarentee i'd get my 1st one in years!!!! and b4 my surgery too - stress maybe??

cheers
xan

I just saw this and I have the Mirena coil and have extremely light non existant periods but since starting optifast and being stressed about the surgery, mine have been a bit heavier, which is still light, but also came early which stuffs everything up!
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
El Jefe

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon 01 Dec 2008, 4:32 pm

Hey, I resemble that remark.

: )

J
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=138585
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2008, 12:17 am

Hey...I bet you Texans are partial to the odd cold one yourselves !!
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
El Jefe

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 10:21 pm

Asking Australians not to drink beer is like ....

...just don't ask. :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=138585
kittycat
kittycat

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 07 Nov 2008, 8:36 am

Righto... I have visions of the gas filling up my new tummy like a balloon...too much of a visual thinker eh.
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 07 Nov 2008, 8:34 am

Kittycat,

I have only had 1 glass of a fizzy drink since the surgery and am 4 months post op. I was told not to drink carbonated beverages in the first 3 months after surgery as the gas can promote reflux and can fill up the stomach quickly. Also the sugar can stop weight loss so it's not something I would make a habit of but can't see that the occasional treat of an alcoholic drink is a problem when out.

steph
Back to top Go down
kittycat
kittycat

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 07 Nov 2008, 8:25 am

Well I'm really surprised some of you are having fizzy drinks, soda etc...I was told and have read in several places that is a big NO NO after weight loss surgery. Even if you can tolerate them OK we shouldnt be having them I thought it could damage our new stomachs as the gas expands it.
Catherine
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri 07 Nov 2008, 12:52 am

Hi Trace,

I'm 4 months post op and have only in the last week had my first alcoholic drink. And I can drink bubbles too now.

steph
Back to top Go down
ang
ang

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu 06 Nov 2008, 10:43 pm

Hi Trace,
Haven't felt like a drink 6 weeks post op but going camping on the weekend and have bought a 4 pk of mud shakes since I can't have bubbles and I usually drink Stollies. Will let you know how the shakes go
Ang
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2008, 5:51 pm

Hi Trace
I didn't have mine until just about 3 months out, and before I finished the glass of wine, I was drunk as a skunk!
Make sure you try it at home first, to see what effect it has on you, as a lot of us have had the same experience.
Chris
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2008, 12:21 pm

Hi All,

Not such an awkward question, but when did you have your first alcoholic drink after surgery?

Trace
Back to top Go down
Xantia
Xantia

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2008, 8:38 am

Xantia wrote:

Dont know if i should worry about the extra period as i have an implanon implant and havent had one for 6 years (this is my 2nd one). It'd b very odd to get one now after nopt having one for soooo long. The last one i had was actually the month before i fell pregnant with keala whose 7 in Feb

Cheers
Xan

grr should have guessed that saying something like that we guarentee i'd get my 1st one in years!!!! and b4 my surgery too - stress maybe??

cheers
xan
Back to top Go down
http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2008, 6:42 am

Thanks for that Lou, I was very curious and that wasn't what I was expecting. I was actually pleasantly surprised it wasn't what I was expecting :)
The funny thing is, I think I saw someone with one of those in a movie recently. I thought it strange at the time, as it wasn't being used. Now if only I could remember the movie....
Back to top Go down
ang
ang

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 EmptySat 01 Nov 2008, 12:04 pm

I agree with Sam. I was prepared in hosp in case my period arrived but came exactly on 21days, which was 2 weeks after surgery.
The dignity disappears as the nurses look at the surgery sites and ask the awkward questions so...... don't stress, it may bring it on
Ang
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next