Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!

Go down 
+50
sophia
Max
Caz
wombat
Deb
TheCloudPainter
amthi
Oma
purplehaze
Denise1971
firefly71
Relle
Tamara
Couchsurfer
MissKax
lastchancelil
Gail
horseapplerancher
Jelle
minimizeme
Jillybean
El Jefe
kittycat
Magic Princess
ang
Sam
Xantia
tracefromspace
Kaili
Peter1969
jodi
jacquilove77
Cathy
Shanna
newlife
ssteph2342
Kiwi
chrysalis
Captain Legless
Donna-lee
Liquefied_stars
KahunaLou
applesauce
bigbugger71
Jezzybel
sue
nicolev1969
chrisbychic
FaddingAway
Admin
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey all,

Firstly, I am going to put a warning here, so that everyone can see there will be some talk with appropriate adult content here. If you are easily offended, please dont read this thread it may not be for everyone, however, there are some valid questions that need asking and answering, and after all. this is the place for it!!!
Thanks gals and guys!

Hayley
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ang

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptySat 01 Nov 2008, 12:04 pm

I agree with Sam. I was prepared in hosp in case my period arrived but came exactly on 21days, which was 2 weeks after surgery.
The dignity disappears as the nurses look at the surgery sites and ask the awkward questions so...... don't stress, it may bring it on
Ang
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2008, 1:58 pm

Ok. I broke down and did a google search on the sex cushion. Apparently it's a wedge shaped cushion for putting under the pelvis so that penetration can be that much deeper. I even found a review of one here.
The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 63412
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2008, 11:47 am

Well, for what it's worth , no early period for me and it's getting close to two weeks since I had the op. My theory is worry about nothing until it happens babee, coz most of the time your worrying about something that doesn't ever eventuate :-)
Back to top Go down
Xantia
Xantia

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2008, 10:24 am

i just read this thread from beginning to end....

and i'm a tad scared :[img]http://ww
Dont know if i should worry about the extra period as i have an implanon implant and havent had one for 6 years (this is my 2nd one). It'd b very odd to get one now after nopt having one for soooo long. The last one i had was actually the month before i fell pregnant with keala whose 7 in Feb

Cheers
Xan
Back to top Go down
http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2008, 8:28 am

Hi All,

I am worried about my wounds and laughing reading this thread. So glad I read it after the op, especially about the surgeon being between your legs...that is going to have me up half the night and not for the reasons you might think! *BLUSH*

I too had my periods when I went into hospital and had to put a pad in the wonderful paper undies, it was all good and I still had them on post op, no catheder as DR wants you up and out of bed. I was talking to one of the nurses and she said that my periods would be longer because of the heparin thinning your blood. I got them 4 days early and had them for 8 days so I hope I dont damn well get em again in a few days!

So has anyone worked out what the sex cusion thing is about (again just want to know for a freind!)

Trac
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 9:55 am

Hi Cinni,

My surgeon said the same thing, that it was probably due to the trauma of surgery. I wasn't warned in advance this might happen and when it did I thought that I was bleeding internally and really panicked. But soon found out from asking around that it is very common.

steph
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 9:14 am

Cinni -

I mentioned getting a period after surgery to my GP today and she said it is likely to be related to the trauma of surgery and the sudden weight loss (and that it hadn't even occured to her until I mentioned it!).

Kaili.
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Sep 2008, 2:57 am

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 2329 @ Steph and Chris!

I have a question about this early period business? Does anyone know why this happens? I am really curious. I am going to ask my surgeon and dietician next time I go but that is over a week away. Has anyone asked their doctor? I am also going to request that they tell or warn all their female patients in advance because if I hadn't read it here first I think I would have been really worried.

Cinni
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 9:18 am

LOL thanks Chris. I am pleased to say I am nice and regular now. The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 842349

steph
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyMon 08 Sep 2008, 6:13 am

Congratulations pooey Steph! LOL
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 6:07 am

LOL Shanna, speaking of bowel movements, I just want to add that I had my first one unaided from any laxatives today The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 487524

I have been making up a fruit smoothie for my breakfast every day and adding a tablespoon of protein powder to it so i think the added fruit (finally) to my diet has helped. I am soooo happy!!!!

steph
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Aug 2008, 12:08 am

Loved the weaving and bobbing of this thread- it may drive the moderators nuts but I got a big kick out of the bowel movement, sex, lovelorn, sleep problem mix.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2008, 10:46 pm

That's a terrific saving - well done, Peter. I wish it was time for a new one so I could take you up on the offer!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2008, 5:14 pm

chrisbychic wrote:
Great you were able to do a group buy on the machines - we just got a new one for my hubby about 6 months ago.
How much did you save?

About 1/2, we ended up paying $1200 each which retails for $2375 here. There is one left as someone pulled out after we already ordered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cpapestore.com
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2008, 9:13 am

Hi Peter
When I had my first consultation with the surgeon, one of the questions on my extensive list was about the CPAP - whether I would be able to use it in hospital, and whether I'd have to bring my own.
The answer was yes to both questions, and there was never any mention of any problems associated with its use.
I used it from the first night and didn't have any problems.
I'm on a variable pressure, on an auto machine, but I think I go up to about a 16.
Great you were able to do a group buy on the machines - we just got a new one for my hubby about 6 months ago.
How much did you save?
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Aug 2008, 9:07 am

Just taking this thread of sex and back to CPAP for a moment.

I'm quite surprised you have been allowed to use CPAP right after surgery. I have read in other places that it is not allowed due to the additional risk that it may cause of leaks.

Did you ask your doctors about it beforehand?

I'm on a pressure of 19.5 which is about as high as most machines go.

Peter.

PS if anyone is after a new CPAP I have a spare New Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex left from a group buy we did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cpapestore.com
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Aug 2008, 11:13 am

I'm with you Jodi. Never heard of it.

Please explain Sue.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyThu 14 Aug 2008, 6:40 am

Fadding Away

Could you tell me the name for the sex cushion and where can you buy it (its not for me its for a friend lol)

Cheers Sue
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2008, 1:21 am

Hi Jacqui
Like FaddingAway said, there's a whole thread on this problem - you'll get some really useful advice and quite a few laughs.
Chris
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2008, 1:06 am

there is a thread that has heaps of sugestions on bowel movements so hurry and have a look as we have all been there and not moved ,,not a nice feeling at all
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Aug 2008, 12:19 am

LOL love how the dating thread is weaving it's way through the talk of ICU and sleep apnea.

ok well this is not an awkward question - just a need to vent about something unpleasant - i am so constipated! i was expecting some constipation due to the decrease in foods but until now (besides the first time after the op) I've had no problems. I've been very vigilant about keeping my fibre up and trying to drink enough water and getting some exercise and all that good stuff - and then suddenly I went from fine to OMG!!!! Usually you have a bit of indication first, for instance the movements get progressively harder and less frequent so you know something's up. But I've gone straight from everything's Ok to that experience where you're sitting on the loo and something is right there and trying to get out but it ain't happening and it's painful :[img]http://ww and then it doesn't come out and ****ok really too much info here**** kinda goes back in. So then sitting and pretty much everything else is uncomfortable.

Just shoot me now!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 9:45 pm

Actually the nurses wouldn't touch mine in the ward, so good luck with that!
I'd set it up myself beforehand, and be prepared to go without it for a night if necessary.
I use a nasal pillow type mask too - I'd just about given up on masks when they came out.
Hubby can't use it though, and he uses a full face mask. At least he can stay in it most of the night now.
I get a lot of upper respiratory tract infections, which means I can't use my mask while I have them. I haven't been able to use it for 5 weeks now, while I've been sick.
I looked on the net for a CPAP and masks but wasn't game to buy it over the net in case something went wrong with them, so I went local. I might be less scared next time, though. Yes, they are VERY expensive, aren't they?
I'm pretty sure I've had sleep apnea all my life, even when I was slim, because my daughter used to complain about my snoring and breathing heavily (on my own) when I was young and slim(mer)
So I don't think I'll lose it when I lose the weight - bummer!
Chris
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 8:24 pm

cpap machine
yuk
I dont need mine any more thank goodness. you shold use distilled water in them as this will increase their life and they are not cheap. the masks? they are plenty I fould a nasal on the best for comport but the mask was almost $270.00 un real. I suggest that you look on the net and you can get one from america for a fraction of he cost the machine and the mask.
I have my c pap machine for sale it was the top of the line 2yrs ago brought for $2500. then found them on line always do that.
You will have to give the nurses a run down on it before your op but have it set up so they only have to turn it on.
good luck
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 12:39 pm

ICU is usally for those with sleep apnea or diabetese in some cases. I needed an insuline drip so was there for 24 hours. I also have MS and new the anesethic would knock me. BUT i was the healthiest thing they had seen in ICU hehehehe The only other case they might do it for is for those over about 160/175kg depeding upon their fitness level and where their weight is because of the pressure their weight puts on their chest while under can lead to breathing problems after. Each hospital has its own rules.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next