Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!

Go down 
+50
sophia
Max
Caz
wombat
Deb
TheCloudPainter
amthi
Oma
purplehaze
Denise1971
firefly71
Relle
Tamara
Couchsurfer
MissKax
lastchancelil
Gail
horseapplerancher
Jelle
minimizeme
Jillybean
El Jefe
kittycat
Magic Princess
ang
Sam
Xantia
tracefromspace
Kaili
Peter1969
jodi
jacquilove77
Cathy
Shanna
newlife
ssteph2342
Kiwi
chrysalis
Captain Legless
Donna-lee
Liquefied_stars
KahunaLou
applesauce
bigbugger71
Jezzybel
sue
nicolev1969
chrisbychic
FaddingAway
Admin
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey all,

Firstly, I am going to put a warning here, so that everyone can see there will be some talk with appropriate adult content here. If you are easily offended, please dont read this thread it may not be for everyone, however, there are some valid questions that need asking and answering, and after all. this is the place for it!!!
Thanks gals and guys!

Hayley
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2009, 7:29 pm

Hi Firefly
Has anyone had it? Did you read from the beginning of this thread? You're definitely not alone! And sometimes you can get the opposite problem, as well.
Don't worry - it does settle down after a while. But in the meantime, a lot of people benefit from benefibre.
Good luck, and take a longer look at this thread for some useful info.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2009, 2:17 pm

Hi Firefly,
I've been pretty good but I mix up the Sustagen Hospital Formual with Fibre with a tablespoon of Benfibre, that and fruit juice mixed with some prune juice have been keeping me going. Make sure you get lots of water too

But I was going since day 3 woohoo The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 796297 Pool
Back to top Go down
firefly71
firefly71

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: constipation :(   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Jan 2009, 12:27 pm

hi all

has anyone got any remedies/had any experience with constipation...had my op last friday and haven't been since!! is it something i need to let the doc know or can i sort it myself??
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 3:48 pm

Hello, I went to the doc yesterday and told him my issues riods n all. He was like no big deal when your postop losing weight if it's still an issue we will address it by zapping them. Wooo hooo
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 10:18 am

I had no catheter and my doc said he doesn't go below the belly button so undies on for me.

steph
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 10:15 am

MissKax wrote:
I want to know if anyone else has this same experience. When I'm eating a meal and for a while afterwards I get these sounds, like stomach rumbling sounds, except that it's in my throat,so quite loud. It's a bit embarrassing, I know others can hear it. It's getting hard at work, I have to run off quickly after lunch and be by myself! I think it's the gas from my stomach coming up the oesophagus, but I don't burp or anything.

Hi Miss Kax,

I get exactly the same noises and sometimes they are REALLY LOUD. Yes it is embarrassing but so far the only ones who have noticed a commented are my kids. I'm 6 months post op and it hasn't improved at all, in fact I think they are louder and more often now than they were several months ago.

steph
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 12:54 am

Hi Rice cake

I'm also 41 and still sleep with my teddy bear, but when I had my band surgery I took one of my own pillows which is very squishy so cuddled that instead and it also helped me to get a better night's sleep for some reason. It was also good for the drive home as created a bit of a barrier between the seatbelt and my incisions.

Best wishes
Gail
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 12:50 am

Catheter? I had one for my surgery. A first for me. They put it in while I was under so I didn't feel a thing. It really didn't bother me while it was in, but it sure felt good after it was removed. I was told that if I didn't urinate within 4 hours of its removal they were putting it back in. 3 hours 47 minutes later (yes, I actually noted the time), I passed water and that was that!

Also, reading back on the thread, I was told no undergarments in the OP, so I'm sure I was on full display for all to see during the procedure. :[img]http://sm

Last edited by KahunaLou on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 10:40 pm

Thanks so much everyone who replied, I'm so glad the "noises" I experience aren't abnormal. I will just have to try and eat on my own at work! Or go somewhere noisy! And hopefully they'll get better over time.
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 1:29 pm

lol ricecake....im sure they wont mind

I didn't have a catheter and i was in a HDU. I did have one for another op last year though and they put it in when i was awake...didnt hurt very much....and it didnt hurt coming out either..
But im a girl not a guy...lol couchsurfer...and im sure that is different......ask peter...he knows

Nicole
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 12:56 pm

Okay, confessional....

I can't sleep at all without my rag doll and I am 41 The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 32773 . I am going to have to take it with me otherwise I'll spend all night looking for it. '

Anyone else take a cuddly toy? I am worried he nurses and doctors will think I am a bit looney. The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 63469
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 12:51 pm

couchsurfer, ask the doc. I asked and said I didn't want one and he said they don't routinely put them in anyway. Doc's preference I guess but mine too!
Back to top Go down
Relle
Relle

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 12:28 pm

Couchsurfer - I was told that I would - but I didn't. I think if your dr wants it then you don't have a choice. Just grin and bear it ..... so to speak lol You're asleep when they put it in anyway, so you can just pretend that it just magically appeared there hehe :)

Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 11:51 am

No not everyone has a catheter. I did but it was because I went into ICU and if you have to be in ICU you require a catheter as they don't want you walking to the toilets etc. That's what I was told anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 10:36 am

MissKax - I make those noises now, and I havent even had the op yet. I call them "inside burps"
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 10:33 am

What about my preferences!

Because I'd seriously prefer to skip that part.

:)
Back to top Go down
Kaili
Part of the furniture
Kaili

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 10:00 am

Couchsurfer - no. Depends on your surgeon and their preferences. :)
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 9:55 am

Cathater.

Does everyone have it done?
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 3:39 am

Yep, me too. Sometimes it's really loud, other times I think it's loud and others can't hear it. But it does happen much less frequently than it did at first. In the first couple of months it was really noticeable, but it was so loud that it couldn't be anything but funny!
Chris
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 2:30 am

hi miss kax,
I remember that was really bad at the start for me also....but now 6 months out and either i have gotten used to it or it only happens occasionally.

On the roids....i also have them what a pain in the a** lol I also suffer from IBS so when i get constipated it is a nightmare. But saying that my IBS is not as bad as it was pre-op.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Jan 2009, 2:06 am

Miss kax
I experience the same . My hubby laughs at me now, seems like it will be happening forever. Oh well the price we pay for normalness.lol
Back to top Go down
MissKax
MissKax

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 11:47 pm

I want to know if anyone else has this same experience. When I'm eating a meal and for a while afterwards I get these sounds, like stomach rumbling sounds, except that it's in my throat,so quite loud. It's a bit embarrassing, I know others can hear it. It's getting hard at work, I have to run off quickly after lunch and be by myself! I think it's the gas from my stomach coming up the oesophagus, but I don't burp or anything.
Back to top Go down
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 5:12 pm

thanks ladies, I go the doc tomorrow I am embarressed to talk about it to him. Probably because he is a very attractive man.I don't know what the deal is,maybe if he were say a women I won't care. Thanks though.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 12:23 pm

Hi Lil

I know what you mean, mine hadn't actually giving me any grief for a while but thought that as the Dr was going to be in the vicinity anyway, and he was a no gaps surgeon, I may as well get them injected and be done with it (they were all internal ones). Was a right pain the botty for a day or so after though. LOL

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
lastchancelil
lastchancelil

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyTue 06 Jan 2009, 11:14 am

My experience with 'roids is that at 170kg and eating badly I would often get a bad attack, bleeding, agonising pain - you know what I mean... Since I got below about 145 and now eat more fibre and drink more water I haven't needed to use an Anusol suppository! Amazing. I had 'roids that were kind of up inside, rather than hanging down, and they would come and go. Fingers crossed they are completely gone now, hooray, just one of the many benefits of losing 52kg!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastchancelil.blogspot.com
horseapplerancher
horseapplerancher

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Jan 2009, 4:30 am

they are external...tmi I know,but I hate it. So I can get them removed? I though that was dangerous if they burst? anyhow, I read somewhere that a poor diet low in fiber causes them. Or helps aid in them becoming a pain in the you know what. I wwas hoping when my diet changes they would go away. Thanks I see the doc on the 7th I can go over it then thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next