Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!

Go down 
+50
sophia
Max
Caz
wombat
Deb
TheCloudPainter
amthi
Oma
purplehaze
Denise1971
firefly71
Relle
Tamara
Couchsurfer
MissKax
lastchancelil
Gail
horseapplerancher
Jelle
minimizeme
Jillybean
El Jefe
kittycat
Magic Princess
ang
Sam
Xantia
tracefromspace
Kaili
Peter1969
jodi
jacquilove77
Cathy
Shanna
newlife
ssteph2342
Kiwi
chrysalis
Captain Legless
Donna-lee
Liquefied_stars
KahunaLou
applesauce
bigbugger71
Jezzybel
sue
nicolev1969
chrisbychic
FaddingAway
Admin
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey all,

Firstly, I am going to put a warning here, so that everyone can see there will be some talk with appropriate adult content here. If you are easily offended, please dont read this thread it may not be for everyone, however, there are some valid questions that need asking and answering, and after all. this is the place for it!!!
Thanks gals and guys!

Hayley
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Cathy

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 2:24 pm

We did not even get paper knicker, very embarrassing The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 796297 had to go in all Necked. Anyway as a general rule most hospitals/sugeons/nurses allow you to wear your own knickers so long as they are 100% cotton. It was our nurse that said no, today your wearing no knickers, bet the surgeon got a SHOCK.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 10:08 am

Oh, they didn't ask me that!
And don't worry about asking that really important question, Steph - how were you to know?
In fact, wouldn't you think that they'd warn you about that possibility?
I didn't have a catheter either, or drains.
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 9:52 am

I didn't have a catheter.

I did get my period the day after I got home from hospital so don't panic if that happens. I had only finished mine a little more than a week before surgery so when I got it again I panicked and rang my surgeon because I thought I was bleeding internally LOL. I feel stupid about that now. But Nicole is right as I asked a lot of people and it seems to be very common to get it straight after surgery. Someone else said she got it the day after the op.

So I expect the hospital will be very understanding and rather used to it. One of the questions the nursing staff asked me when I arrived and was being prepared for surgery was did I have a tampon in.

steph
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 9:16 am

Most places remove your underwear to put the cathedea in. you are asleep when this happens. Just think of the guys, it makes me laugh thinking of them tilted back with a guy between their legs while they are in the bitch position hehehehe I gave the male of the species hell for weeks . He swears he can not remember if he came to with or without his underwear. I BET it was without but he doesnt want to think of some guy between his legs while his undies where off hehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 8:46 am

i had to wear those stupid paper ones also....they didnt fit me very well...lol i had to rip the elastic on the legs a bit.

If your period is due expect it to come very quickly after the op....heaps of girls on here got there period when it wasnt even due....me included. They say it is from the trauma to your body
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 8:22 am

The anaesthetist told me that I will be in a çrucifix''position and they go up betwen the legs which for me was too much information so I reckon knickers are a must. It should be the least of my worries but is bothering me more than anything.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: When can you do----------ITTTT   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 7:29 am

After my heart surgery I asked my doctor when it would be OK to have sex???????

And his response was.....

"I am a male cardiologist- the sooner the better as far as I am concerned."

So maybe your doctor's gender is the prime determiner of when they tell you it is time.

LOL The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 65317 The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 65317 The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 65317
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 7:20 am

I hope you can wear light weight undies cause I just got my period which means it will be about due when I have my op on the 4th of Sept. And also cause I have a prolapse uterus which puts pressure on my bladder (leakage, if you know what I mean), so that would be embarrassing. Hoping that problem may improve with weight loss as well.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 6:18 am

I was the same as Steph.
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 4:48 am

Knickers weren't even mentioned by my doctor. When I got to hospital they just told me to strip off and put the gown on and said to leave my knickers on only.

I don't know why you would have to take them off as your bottom half is covered and he works from the side from belly button up not below.

steph
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 4:20 am

Hi, I was made to wear paper knickers. They were revolting. I asked if i could keep my own nickers on but was refused. I think though it depends entirely on your surgical team, some may allow it.

Kiwi
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 4:16 am

Just a question can you wear knickers during the op? My period is due next week yuk!!!
Back to top Go down
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture
Donna-lee

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 04 Aug 2008, 9:48 am

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 355206 jezzy,

I guess that goes to show you we are all different and doctors all have different opinions.
Donna-lee
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 04 Aug 2008, 8:03 am

Men, you may want to avert your eyes for this post...

lol, Donna-Lee, I'm the opposite. Mine were always heavy and long, but after I put on my last 20kg or so, they went from maybe 8 heavy days to at most 3 light ones. My cycle also went from 4 weeks to 6 weeks. This would have been a blessing, except I was really worried about my fertility, and when I asked my gyno about it, he said it was probably because I was so heavy (well, he said it nicer than that, but that was the gist).
Since my surgery, and a 15+kg weight loss, I've had one period - it was heavy and long. Which was kind of horrible (hello, Biblical plague), but also a welcome sign that my body is returning to normal (for me anyway).
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture
Donna-lee

Female
Number of posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 04 Aug 2008, 5:02 am

Cinni,

my doc told me my periods where heavy due to my weight so hopefully when I lose weight they will improve.. The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 595690
Donna-lee
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon 04 Aug 2008, 4:51 am

Has anyone noticed a change in your periods?

I am ever hopeful that mine will improve after surgery. :)

Cinni
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 01 Aug 2008, 4:01 pm

LOL! Yep. I think some of my weight came from that area, too! I couldn't lay down or sit down on any of the hospital beds or chairs for very long. I think they have those so you have to get up and walking as soon as possible after surgery. My behind was big time sore by the time I was discharged.

My home office chair seat is somewhat flattened over the years and I had to put a cushion on top of it. My lounge chair, however is very comfy (too much so, sometimes).

I think it's something that we'll just have to get adjusted to (or use that as an excuse to go shopping!).
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 01 Aug 2008, 2:45 pm

lie on the couch facing the back with a pillow between your tum and the back for added support. Or do the snuggle on your side routine. I got a sore bum as well and loved being on my side again. I found the couch with a fluffy quilt on it was easier than the bed to start with on the side.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 01 Aug 2008, 1:33 pm

I was able to lie on my side after about 2 days, but i did find it more comfortable to do so by having a pillow in front of me, kinda supporting my stomach. I also sleep cuddling a pillow too, because it stops my shoulder rolling in and getting sore the next morning - so, maybe you can find a way to support yourself with cushions that will let you lie on your side? Good luck!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 01 Aug 2008, 12:32 am

Hey bigbugger
I didn't have that particular problem, but maybe that's because I was up and down all the time. I found myself taking the advice of others on the group and walking a lot - to prevent wind pain and deal with problems of the "food" going down.
So what I suggest is that you get up and walk around the house regularly - I know you want to be resting as much as you can, but it can only help. It helped with my back pain, too.
Other than that, yeah, lying on your side is good (I couldn't lie on my left side for ages though), and maybe showering twice a day might help with the buildup of sweat and creams (something that I am familiar with!).
Good luck with it.
Chris
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri 01 Aug 2008, 12:01 am

Hi big buggar
as I recall I used a wool skin under me foe the 1st few weeks. you could try lying on your side but get the extra pillows ready to suport other places, sorry I can't be of more help
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Sore Bum   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 10:42 pm

Sorry to be so silly, but it's annoying me. I have a sore bum after being in hospital, probably to do with sweat, hot weather,plastic mattress, some hair removal prior to surgery, AND the fact that I am on it 90% of the time! i find it less traumatic to stand and walk, but then I can't do very much as bending over is difficult! I have a ton of creams I've used since yesterday but it is diving me mad! Any suggestions? on activities/positions? LOL

:[img]http://ww :[img]http://ww :[img]http://ww
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2008, 10:04 am

Yeah, I agree with you. The best thing about my man is that he will laugh with me at the inappropriate moments, instead of staring at me like I'm insane (I am, but that's besides the point) 👽
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2008, 9:28 am

I so agree, I laugh all the time. But then again, I am a nob.
I reckon laughing is the best. Especially at those awkward moments!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2008, 7:50 am

Oh, I don't know, Jezzy - there's nothing wrong with a good giggle when you're having fun!
:bounce:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next