Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!

Go down 
+50
sophia
Max
Caz
wombat
Deb
TheCloudPainter
amthi
Oma
purplehaze
Denise1971
firefly71
Relle
Tamara
Couchsurfer
MissKax
lastchancelil
Gail
horseapplerancher
Jelle
minimizeme
Jillybean
El Jefe
kittycat
Magic Princess
ang
Sam
Xantia
tracefromspace
Kaili
Peter1969
jodi
jacquilove77
Cathy
Shanna
newlife
ssteph2342
Kiwi
chrysalis
Captain Legless
Donna-lee
Liquefied_stars
KahunaLou
applesauce
bigbugger71
Jezzybel
sue
nicolev1969
chrisbychic
FaddingAway
Admin
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey all,

Firstly, I am going to put a warning here, so that everyone can see there will be some talk with appropriate adult content here. If you are easily offended, please dont read this thread it may not be for everyone, however, there are some valid questions that need asking and answering, and after all. this is the place for it!!!
Thanks gals and guys!

Hayley
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 12:39 pm

ICU is usally for those with sleep apnea or diabetese in some cases. I needed an insuline drip so was there for 24 hours. I also have MS and new the anesethic would knock me. BUT i was the healthiest thing they had seen in ICU hehehehe The only other case they might do it for is for those over about 160/175kg depeding upon their fitness level and where their weight is because of the pressure their weight puts on their chest while under can lead to breathing problems after. Each hospital has its own rules.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 11:19 am

Yep!!!
My Mum is very very single, and she needs a mayan!!

LOL.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 10:18 am

Hi Clive
Yes, I do use a CPAP machine - and so does my husband. If we have kids staying overnight, we always show them what we look like in them, so we don't scare them if they have to wake us in the night!
Ranting
How did you go getting used to the mask? Took both of us ages to find one that worked for us, and after trialling several over a few years, we finally found options that suit us - most of the time, anyway.
I did take my CPAP machine to hospital - they don't supply them, so you have to. And yes, I do use a humidifier, however I never use distilled water in mine, so that wasn't a problem. You'd probably have to take your own, I think.
Oh, and the staff mostly don't know how to set them up, either, so you'll have to do that yourself. There was one nurse in ICU that knew what to do, and he helped me out when the previous nurse stuffed it up and nearly drowned me by overfilling it. But when I went to the ward, they had no idea, and didn't want to know. My hubby sorted it out for me the first night, and after that I was able to do it myself.
Chris
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 3:30 am

I was in ICU for 1.5 days, but that's because I have sleep apnea and diabetes and a reaction to strong painkillers.
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 1:21 am

I spent 2 nights in HDU and only 1 night in my own room before I went home. It all depends on your recovery but I had breathing problems and needed oxygen.

steph
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 1:17 am

I did not go to HDU or ICU. I went from recovery direct to room.

Kiwi
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Aug 2008, 1:04 am

Does everyone go to HDU or ICU or do some go to the wards post-op?
Back to top Go down
Cathy
Cathy

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 2:38 pm

Sorry Steph I can't read at the best of time.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 10:02 am

LMAO.... But this nob is taken..

However, my young looking mother is single... !!! The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 878453
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 6:36 am

no catheter for me either....i was the same as steph back to HD room at about 6pm then got up at about 11.00 to go for a wee.....and i brushed me teeth while i was in the bathroom but then i nearly passed out....a bit to much first go at getting up.

I think my surgeon performed the op from the side......my legs were not spread anyway...lol

sounds like a sex position.....would have to agree there...lol
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 6:27 am

well now I have to wait up to 8 weeks for sex. I do hope I don't go insane. but I do have lots of lovely lingere to wear . or is it now wear . nywayI have it all read The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 542174 y.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 4:19 am

Pleased I read that after surgery! You leave your dignity at the door.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 3:58 am

Your arms are out to the sides for drips etc. The bed is tilted down so you head is pointed towards the floor at an angle. Your legs are either spread apart and the surgen stands between them and does the surgery. Or your legs are placed in styrups like having a baby (well old fashioned way) and the surgeon stands between them to do the surgery. I think the styrups bit depends upon the surgeon his size and ease of movement between your legs.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 3:58 am

jacquilove77 wrote:
i tidied up the nether regions before surgery hahahah hubby said how come you do the pubic hair cleanup for the doctor but... then he stopped - and i said whaT?? that i don't do it for you? (I do but sometimes get a bit behind) So I'm guessing that means he doesn't want me to get behind on the hair maintenance anymore.
LOL!
The catheter is inserted into your urethra
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 3:56 am

i tidied up the nether regions before surgery hahahah hubby said how come you do the pubic hair cleanup for the doctor but... then he stopped - and i said whaT?? that i don't do it for you? (I do but sometimes get a bit behind) So I'm guessing that means he doesn't want me to get behind on the hair maintenance anymore. I had paper undies and they were gone when i woke.

how does a catheter work? i had one but couldn't work out what was going on - it just felt like i needed to go all the time and it was kind of stuck on me - couldn't work out what it was stuck to, or suction, or what? how come it didn't fall out?
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 3:35 am

I was told no undies too, and I got a catheter while I was under, so I expected that was why... still hideously embarrassed though. Plus the next morning Dr Cohen and a nurse came in and whipped up my hospital gown to check my wounds, exposing rather more than my stomach... gotta love hospital.
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptySat 09 Aug 2008, 1:59 am

I am so glad we have this forum! I would have freaked if I got a second period too Steph!

Position in surgery?????????????? I am sorry I still don't get it. I am picturing a crucifix and so are we lying on our back legs together arms stretched out?
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 11:56 pm

Hi Cathy,

As I said knickers weren't even mentioned to me but I had heard of some people saying you have to wear cotton knickers so I bought some but they were tight in the leg so didn't wear them, just wore my usual comfy ones and they were allowed.
By the way Cathy, I'm Steph not Stephen.

Chrysalis, I didn't have a catheter. I was out of surgery at 5.30pm and I got up during the night and walked to the toilet (with my lovely handbag.)

steph
Back to top Go down
chrysalis
chrysalis

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 11:45 pm

did many of you have catheters? My friend did and I am having the same surgeon so not sure whether I will or not or if it is assessed on an individual basis.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 5:39 pm

the op hence I get an extra special smile on my dial the days the guys have thier surgery hehehehe girls can be evil little critters hey ;)

As I said to the male of the species be prepared to be bitched hehehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Cathy
Cathy

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri 08 Aug 2008, 2:24 pm

We did not even get paper knicker, very embarrassing The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 796297 had to go in all Necked. Anyway as a general rule most hospitals/sugeons/nurses allow you to wear your own knickers so long as they are 100% cotton. It was our nurse that said no, today your wearing no knickers, bet the surgeon got a SHOCK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!   The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thread for those awkward Questions-Warning!!!-May offend!!!
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next