Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?

Go down 
+167
Kat1974
aussiearies
Sutika
sleeverella
Ceds
Joybells
MrsFroggie1970
Sherie
Box of Jewels
denzel
SammySleever
ohtobethinish
MissyMagic
DayleD
Toran
Lewie2979
~shelli~
WondaWendy
Bumbles
gingerchicken
Tazzy03
Lizzy.
Ottopia
Lexiswan
tumultuous-tara
GeoffN
rikki35
rascally
btgirl
Glenice
minniemouse
debraell
Lindamck
Nini
yve
Ting Ting
dooben
Kil1980
Breathless
Happygal
cdazzle
Chongololo
melmac1
TinTin
sassyjane
mooka-manda
Jarrah
lin1970
sara777
allaboutme
andrea1979
shelly25
busso
Jupiter
fattothinner45
grandmajules
margd
Hazchem
westerngirl
Ayla
Kas
disey
demilanni
maggles2001
lissa75
Sara (New-Day)
~Trishah~
MissMelly
mrspotatohead
Daydreamer
snowbunny
curvylana
Strawberrychick
roadtripmama
BFSCOTT
bella danni
lizzzy
lilac
Woodland
retta83
justjed
Angelmystique
muffincatt
Tigga
kayt83
nesssie31
sophia
jessiegirl
LittleJess
Bast
duzzenmada
mmm
mammabear25
Eilish
Wannabehealthy
kimmi
DammitJanet
PilbaraGal
Bella77
shortchick
pipette87
Catapult
Letmeout
Eringirl
Sholley
Jedigirl78
yodacat
vanderaj
lulumac
Kateh (Bluedog)
ted.83
Rowena
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
louie42
slimdreamer
Adriana(Making it Happen)
Shazbotzski
flick
sue
HayleyGriffiths
Shrinky Dink
Vronnie
sassyred
mum of four (bec)
neljatye
bintang
Max
SassyMummy
green stargazer
hazelbaby
didles
janelou29
lisagraham
PiercedMumma08
Tash
lovelyslim
Bamba
D'Girlz
sunnie
crisalida
Cherrypie
skinnygreyhound
Samantha
butterflyfallen
Caz
LittleMissCee
Smurfette
Kazz
FNM
aswan
LISSYD
Jacko84
melpaulned
killerbabe82
Countrygirl_WA
slimmer
Jaime
amanda O'D
CareBear
100%-er
Janette
Synna
Belladonna
Kate
smileykylie
Isis
gottarhyme
171 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 7:36 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought this would be a good thread to give early sleevers some hope that eventually life will be normal again!

I am seven months and 3 weeks out, and tonight I am munching on melted cheese and ham on toast with relish (one piece is all I can manage). I might have a bowl (small) of ice cream in an hour if I get peckish later!

Last edited by gottarhyme on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
HayleyGriffiths

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-21

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 9:15 am

Tonight was a small pice of corn on the cob a smale slice of porkmarinated in chinese BBQ Sauce with a small amount of mash potato.
Back to top Go down
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 8:59 am

9 weeks out-3/4 of a chicken tender,2 crumbed onion rings,2 small cubes of cheese,2 forks worth of mixed salad..
Back to top Go down
HayleyGriffiths
HayleyGriffiths

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 9:36 am

A lamb cuttlet some mashed potato and pumpkin and for desert half a mango
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 12:18 pm

4 months out... I had about 3 teaspOons of peas & corn.. About 4 teaspoons of lamb mince (savoury style), and 2 bites of honey pork.

Strange combination I know.. But thats what you get when you choose from a buffet every night lol.
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 11:49 pm

Sounds delicious, Hazel !

I tried the inside of a Herbert Adams cauliflower and 3 cheese roll. Yuck ! I can make a much better version. Gave up after two bites and had a cruskit with tzatziki instead. Not very hungry last night. Oh, one Christmas marshmallow for supper :)
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 11:37 pm

6 and a bit weeks out.

Had a 1/3 of a chicken breast fillet stuffed with mushrooms and a little camembert cheese, some stirfried red capsicum and broccolini, with 1/2 a glass of white wine, a little before and a bit more after dinner. All lovingly prepared by my lovely partner, delicious. 4 squares of hazelnut choc for dessert yum!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 11:20 am

Cooked a Thai meal enough for 8 and watched with satisfaction while 5 people scoffed it all up. I had rice and green curried pumpkin (3cubes) and chicken thigh (2slices) - made 1/2 cup total. dessert was 1 slice mango.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 10:46 am

1 marinated baked chicken drumstick, 1 teaspoon mashed potato, 1 teaspoon peas and carrots and gravy

just over 5 weeks out from op
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 9:56 am

I'm 10 days out, and so I had a pureed wholemeal chicken and mushroom soup. Do not want.

I am practicing making healthy meals for after I return to normal foods. The only one eating tonight was my daughter Mackenzie. I made the smoked salmon on spring onion, red pepper, and corn buttermilk patties with a natural yoghurt dressing with baby spinach from the CSIRO diabetic cookbook. There's not been a bad recipe in any of the three CSIRO books so far, and tonight was no exception. It smelt delicious.

Mackenzie, despite helping to make her meal, sampling and approving of each element of the meal (e.g. the smoked salmon, the dressing, etc) mushed her plated food and made it into a "dinosaur". Immediately after that she went to bed early for making a dinosaur out of her food instead of eating it.

Oh well. Smells great. Unfortunately, I have a lot of left overs - the recipe makes enough for four, and that's like a good 8 meals for a 4 year old.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

2.4weeks out

We got chinese take-away last week... I ordered sate king prawns then pureed it. Made 5 1/2 cup size meals. I had one of those for dinner tonight. Might have some low fat yoghurt for supper if I feel hungry.
Back to top Go down
Jedigirl78
Part of the furniture
Jedigirl78

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 8:09 am

I'm 2 weeks out.
Tonight I had tinned tuna - chilli flavour (95gm) & 1 scrambled egg. I pure'ed it all up & it was really yummy! It made up 1/2 a cup & I managed to get through about 3/4 of it.
Back to top Go down
yodacat
yodacat

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2011, 3:29 pm

1.5 weeks post op

150ml of Sweet Potato Soup - found the recipe in the "liquid stage recipe" messages. Very delicious.

later in the evening, I had some low joule icecream and custard, about 100ml all up.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2011, 1:33 pm

I am 6weeks postop

Tonite i had Spanish Tappa's ...

Half a chicken wing
4 potato cubes (2cm)each
2 strips of lamb (3cm)each
1 cube squid ..(2cm)
and a bite of a churro

Love my sleeve
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2011, 1:23 pm

almost a full chicken leg
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2011, 12:26 pm

4 months out - a third of a piece of "braised steak & onion". Real steak, not the crap that comes in a can.
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2011, 10:47 am

Tried pea and ham soup with a sprinkling of finely crushed salada. One teaspoon later - ALL STOP CAPTAIN!

Think I will retire to bed soon after having an Opti shake of some description.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2011, 8:29 am

2 weeks out. Having steamed red snapper with soy, ginger and scallion flavoured sauce, soft rice and zucchini.
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2011, 3:04 am

Exactly one month out today - had my first restaurant experience post sleeve. Ordered entree size nachos, and got through about 1.5 tbsp of the meat/bean mix. It was cooked so well, too - nice and easy for the tiny tummy, but the portion size they gave me was ridiculous - DS couldn't rvrn help polish it off !
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011, 6:48 am

2 years and tonight I am cooking for dinner...........

Small crumbled steak with gravy

Roast vegies
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 11:49 pm

Nearly 4 months out

Half a slice of roast beef
A bite of roast potato
A tablespoon of peas & corn
Lathered in gravy lol
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 8:08 am

7.5ish months out...

Chilli Crabs (yum!) and a few strands of spaghetti.

Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 7:51 am

About 2tbsp Lentil curry - yum ! I may have a mini Calippo for supper :)
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 7:04 pm

16 weeks post op

Home made satay chicken. About 1/2 cup of chicken with no rice. It's an old Weight Watchers recipe that my family love so we keep using it.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 6:56 pm

2 years out............

Ham and cheese salad
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 2:42 pm

2 poached eggs with some bernaise sauce... Nearly 4 months out.
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 1:51 pm

Small tin baked beans mashed with a bit of melted grated cheese on top. 4 weeks out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?
Page 18 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next