5 posters
AuthorMessage
Maryanne79
Maryanne79

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-02-25

How long have you had you sleeve? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long have you had you sleeve?   How long have you had you sleeve? EmptyThu 16 Sep 2010, 5:39 am

Thanks so much you guys...Ive been so afraid to go back to hospital again...afraid of leakage....infections...losing my hair...not being able to drink water properly....

your stories are very encouraging....
I saw my surgeon yesterday...I agreed i needed this surgery but wasnt ready...i burst into tears he looked at me like i was an alien....hes a good surgeon, but he has a very stiff bedside manner....im seeing the psych lady on monday just to cover all my bases.,...im still pretty messed up from my last hospital stay...want a professionals option on whether or not im ready to take the plunge....but ive already decided im goingb to the valley private instead of knox this time.....too many shitty memories at knox... *nightmare*

thanks again you guys are awesome... o/
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: How long have you had you sleeve?   How long have you had you sleeve? EmptyThu 16 Sep 2010, 12:41 am

newlife wrote:
I've now been sleeved just past 2 years. I LOVE MY SLEEVE. I lost 53kgs in the first year and have pretty much maintained that since last November 09, but do go up and down the same 2kgs pretty much (normal monthly fluxuations etc depending on fluid and crap food I eat). I still have about 15kgs to shed, however, happy as I am anything more would be a bonus. I can eat anything I like just in smaller portions, but generally stick to normal healthy food, and a few naughty snacks every so often. I have no issues with meat, bread, pasta, salad or anything really. I go out to dinner no problem and can drink alcohol if I choose (but do get drunk on a lot less than I used to).
No regrets whatsoever and no health issues related to the sleeve. I feel like a normal person now.
Yep I am the same, I am 17 months out, and I feel awesome. The op has exceeded every single expectation I had.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: How long have you had you sleeve?   How long have you had you sleeve? EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 12:07 pm

Hi Maryanne

I'm also an ex-bandit. Was banded in Oct 07, had it in for 11 months before it slipped requiring emergency surgery to remove it in Sep-08. In that time had only lost around 11kgs. I waited 5mths before getting my sleeve in Feb 09 and its been the best thing I've done. Although I did have to work at not putting the weight back on that I had lost. I'm down to around the 80kg mark now and should probably lose another 10kgs but like Newlife, I'm happy where I'm at now.

I'd say go for it with the sleeve.

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How long have you had you sleeve?   How long have you had you sleeve? EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 7:20 am

I've now been sleeved just past 2 years. I LOVE MY SLEEVE. I lost 53kgs in the first year and have pretty much maintained that since last November 09, but do go up and down the same 2kgs pretty much (normal monthly fluxuations etc depending on fluid and crap food I eat). I still have about 15kgs to shed, however, happy as I am anything more would be a bonus. I can eat anything I like just in smaller portions, but generally stick to normal healthy food, and a few naughty snacks every so often. I have no issues with meat, bread, pasta, salad or anything really. I go out to dinner no problem and can drink alcohol if I choose (but do get drunk on a lot less than I used to).
No regrets whatsoever and no health issues related to the sleeve. I feel like a normal person now.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How long have you had you sleeve?   How long have you had you sleeve? EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 6:33 am

I was sleeved just over 1.5 years ago, and we have 2 + year people on the site.

It definitely works in the long term (if you think that is long). My weight is definitely stable and I am totally happy about everything to do with it!
Back to top Go down
Maryanne79
Maryanne79

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-02-25

PostSubject: How long have you had you sleeve?   How long have you had you sleeve? EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 6:09 am

Hi guys...well I had a band, it eroded, had it removed...very traumatic 3 weeks....

now i struggle to maintain my weight...which i have managed to do...but with pcos and a lifetime of poor eating habits....its not been easy...

so I'm just THINKING about the sleeve...but what i want to know is....

Does it work in the Long term?

I'd love to hear a little about your journeys and the length of those journeys....

thanks guys...love this forum x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long have you had you sleeve?   How long have you had you sleeve? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long have you had you sleeve?
Page 1 of 1