AuthorMessage
Nicky63
Part of the furniture
Nicky63

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2012-03-09

How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve   How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 8:26 am

Hi Kazz

I had my band out in June after 7 years. I lost 36kg with the band but my body decided that it didn't want the port anymore and decided to start rejecting it.

My surgeon usually prefers to wait 6 months between surgeries but he was happy for me to have mine in 4 months due to the condition my stomach was in. Unfortunately due to work commitments I had to wait 5 mths and am due to be sleeved in 18 days and can't wait.

Your surgeon will certainly make the right decision about how long you need to wait, some surgeons do it the same day but I wouldn't be too keen on this.

Good luck with everything
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve   How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 7:10 am

I had to wait 12 weeks between the two ops.. Trust me I ate my way through the waiting period and loved every minute of it.

I lost what I gained in the pre op opti phase so it was no biggie and I was told that eating normally lets the stomach unpleat... so I ate and it unpleated.

I think your doc will do what is right for you and he will see the state of your tummy when e takes out your band and if it is in bad shape he will extend the wait time a little and if its in good shape leave it the time frame where it is.

Good luck... life is so muc better on this side... its deliciously normal ... yay for that after 4 years of puking up after eating and suffering hideous pain and reflux.
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve   How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 6:23 am

Hi Lizz

Sent you a pm hope you got it if not just pm me your mobile number and I will call you when your free.

Karen
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve   How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 4:27 am

Hi Kazz,

I have never had a band and after all the stories I have read on here I am thinking that is a very good thing.

I was sleeved on 17 August 2012 and so far so good. I have dropped 17kgs and I am feeling great.

I work in the CBD and would love to catch up. Just send me a PM if you are interested and maybe we could catch up for a coffee and a chat over a lunch hour. I can have my lunch hour either 12 to 1 or 1 to 2pm.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Liz
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve   How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 1:08 am

Hi All

I am Kazz B I had my band op in March 2009 no complication lost 25kilos in 6 months then lost a further 5 kilos, then started to put it back on I am now only at 17kilo lost since the band I joined weigh watcher lost 20 kilos again so total lost was 32 then back on it went . I have had it with the yo yo ing. So I have decided to get rid of the band and get sleeved.

My DR will take the band out 5th Nov and do sleeve 17th Dec. this is only 6 weeks is this enough time I keep hear different opinions from getting them done together and waiting up to 6 months.

Can you give me your story on how long between the two and the out come.

Thanks so much in advance.

P.S I live in Brisbane CBD and would love to meet with other Sleevers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve   How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

How long did you wait between getting BAND out and getting Sleeve
Page 1 of 1