Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?

Go down 
+2
chrisbychic
=)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 11:47 pm

Yeah, that's right.
And also, it's really important to have your water to help it along, too.
Back to top Go down
crazy_ma64
Part of the furniture
crazy_ma64

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 11:36 pm

Hi just found that post heres a link to the topic.
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t66-about-constipation-and-bowel-movements-with-the-sleeve

And this is the post that I was talking about. Its from Cocoloco and was posted on the 18/4/11.
I hope coco doesnt mind as I think we should all know hope important it is to make sure we all know the consequences that can occur.

Quote :
Just saw this thread and had to comment....I too suffered constipation post sleeve and tried to up my fibre intake etc but didn't really give it too much thought.

This year I have had 3 surgeries 'down there', I will have a 4th next week and a fifth (and hopefully final) later in the year. I am basically working my way through all of the benign colorectal conditions going and this chain of events was started by the constipation I suffered post sleeve.

I am not saying that everyone will end up like I have but please try and find something that works for you because if things get too upset down there it is literally a major pain in the bum!

My colorectal surgeon (how wrong does that sound!) put me on 'normacol'...1-2 teaspoons a day and it works wonders.

Just sharing because if someone had told me of the possible complications to my constipation I would have done something about it sooner :-)

Coco x
Back to top Go down
crazy_ma64
Part of the furniture
crazy_ma64

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

Yes Im in agreement with the others. Definetly help yourself get things moving along there.
There was someone who posted recently about bowel issues and having to have a couple of surgeries and they think its because of the constant constipation and pushing involved. I will see if I can find it and posta link.
Yep Im trying to be vigilant in fibre replacement now.
Good luck.
Juls
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm

Yeah I start freaking out if I havent been for more than 3 or so days. I often take Lactulose and it does the trick. Went for my 3 month check today and spoke to the surgeon about this problem, he basically told me that constipation can be cured by drinking lots and lots and lots of water. About 2- 2.5litres a day, which of course is almost impossible for me. I do drink lots of green tea and he said that can be included in my water intake also. I would definitely be doing something about it though, you dont want things to get so bad that you end up in hospital. goodluck.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 8:08 am

After my sleeve, I often went 3 - 4 days without having a BM - but 8 days is really too much. Don't want to end up with an impacted bowel - yuk!!!
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 7:52 am

I actually spoke to my dietician after 5 days, I wasn't feeling unwell, but just knew it couldn't be good. She suggested to buy some coloxyl and all was good the next day.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 6:21 am

Wow, I start to freak out if it's been a couple of days.

You should get onto that ASAP because it's not normal and it can't be healthy.

You could try something like prune or pear juice, or for a more medicated approach try some Coloxyl (you can get it at any chemist and often the supermarket as well).
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 4:33 am

No, that's probably too long.
I'd make it happen, if I were you.
Good luck...
Back to top Go down
=)

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-24

PostSubject: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 4:11 am

I had surgery the 16th and still have not had a bm is that normal ????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?   HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE? Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW LONG BEFORE ONE HAS A BM AFTER SLEEVE?
Page 1 of 1