Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?

Go down 
+167
Kat1974
aussiearies
Sutika
sleeverella
Ceds
Joybells
MrsFroggie1970
Sherie
Box of Jewels
denzel
SammySleever
ohtobethinish
MissyMagic
DayleD
Toran
Lewie2979
~shelli~
WondaWendy
Bumbles
gingerchicken
Tazzy03
Lizzy.
Ottopia
Lexiswan
tumultuous-tara
GeoffN
rikki35
rascally
btgirl
Glenice
minniemouse
debraell
Lindamck
Nini
yve
Ting Ting
dooben
Kil1980
Breathless
Happygal
cdazzle
Chongololo
melmac1
TinTin
sassyjane
mooka-manda
Jarrah
lin1970
sara777
allaboutme
andrea1979
shelly25
busso
Jupiter
fattothinner45
grandmajules
margd
Hazchem
westerngirl
Ayla
Kas
disey
demilanni
maggles2001
lissa75
Sara (New-Day)
~Trishah~
MissMelly
mrspotatohead
Daydreamer
snowbunny
curvylana
Strawberrychick
roadtripmama
BFSCOTT
bella danni
lizzzy
lilac
Woodland
retta83
justjed
Angelmystique
muffincatt
Tigga
kayt83
nesssie31
sophia
jessiegirl
LittleJess
Bast
duzzenmada
mmm
mammabear25
Eilish
Wannabehealthy
kimmi
DammitJanet
PilbaraGal
Bella77
shortchick
pipette87
Catapult
Letmeout
Eringirl
Sholley
Jedigirl78
yodacat
vanderaj
lulumac
Kateh (Bluedog)
ted.83
Rowena
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
louie42
slimdreamer
Adriana(Making it Happen)
Shazbotzski
flick
sue
HayleyGriffiths
Shrinky Dink
Vronnie
sassyred
mum of four (bec)
neljatye
bintang
Max
SassyMummy
green stargazer
hazelbaby
didles
janelou29
lisagraham
PiercedMumma08
Tash
lovelyslim
Bamba
D'Girlz
sunnie
crisalida
Cherrypie
skinnygreyhound
Samantha
butterflyfallen
Caz
LittleMissCee
Smurfette
Kazz
FNM
aswan
LISSYD
Jacko84
melpaulned
killerbabe82
Countrygirl_WA
slimmer
Jaime
amanda O'D
CareBear
100%-er
Janette
Synna
Belladonna
Kate
smileykylie
Isis
gottarhyme
171 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 7:36 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought this would be a good thread to give early sleevers some hope that eventually life will be normal again!

I am seven months and 3 weeks out, and tonight I am munching on melted cheese and ham on toast with relish (one piece is all I can manage). I might have a bowl (small) of ice cream in an hour if I get peckish later!

Last edited by gottarhyme on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 11:53 am

Tonight I had not quite 1/2 a teriyaki chicken steak (fillet) from Lenards with about 3 tablespoons of mushroom and zuchini lightly fried with garlic. Of course all smothered in lashings of gravy. Almost 5 months out.
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 11:50 am

Two months out (boy has that flown !)

Had roast lamb for dinner - probably about five mouthfulls with gravy, third of a potato, and a tiny head of broccoli.

Cheers,

W2B :)
Back to top Go down
shortchick
shortchick

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Hi, Thanks for letting me know.    WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Jan 2012, 11:09 am

LittleMissCee wrote:
Last night I went out for dinner and had curry chicken.

Managed approx 1/4 cup.

Had left over of the curry tonight, had a little bit less than 1/4 cup.

And a mini wagon wheel lol.

5 months out.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 5:09 pm

Last night I went out for dinner and had curry chicken.

Managed approx 1/4 cup.

Had left over of the curry tonight, had a little bit less than 1/4 cup.

And a mini wagon wheel lol.

5 months out.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 5:57 am

Tonight I am having Roast Lamb cooked in the slow cooker - mmmm sittiing here drooling as it smells so delicious cooking away. Will have with sweet potato, spinach and zucchini.
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 4:00 am

Short chick - protein is #1. Vitamins / minerals through multivitamins, dairy etc. Fibre with Benefibre. Using Myfitnesspal app., I find most days I do pretty well to meet my requirements.

Cheers,
w2B :)
Back to top Go down
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 3:07 am

6 weeks out:

last night, I had a small piece of grilled lamb loin + 1/2 cup of salad
tonight we have rellies over for a barbie so will have 1 beef chipolata, 1 small chicken drumstick + 1/4 cup salad
Back to top Go down
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 3:06 am

edited

Last edited by lulumac on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shortchick
shortchick

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Hi I am new to the sleeve support group. How do you all get the nutrients that are needed is it by vitamins tabs? I have a band and have had for 10 years. Thanks   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 2:33 am

wanttobehealthy wrote:
3 mouthfuls garlic mustard chicken with tbsp homemade coleslaw in roast garlic mayo.

3 Jelly Belly beans for supper - great sweet / flavour hit !
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 12:49 pm

3 mouthfuls garlic mustard chicken with tbsp homemade coleslaw in roast garlic mayo.

3 Jelly Belly beans for supper - great sweet / flavour hit !
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 12:34 pm

I had approx half a cup of eggplant lasagne that I made for dinner.

Very yummy.
Back to top Go down
HayleyGriffiths
HayleyGriffiths

Female
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyWed 11 Jan 2012, 9:23 am

Tonight I had 4 homemade chicken nuggets. verry yummy although I was naughty and deep fried them instead of cooking them in the oven.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 9:36 am

Tonight I had 2 Dim Sims cooked on the BBQ. 2 small pieces of fresh pineapple and 8 cherries.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 9:25 am

I am about 4 1/2 months out. Tonight we had Beef Stragonaff and I had about 1/2 a cup of beef with plenty of sauce but no pasta. My 2 year old grandaughter eats more than me now. lol
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

Nearly 5 months out.. Tonight we are having a BBQ.. Will have a chicken kebab skewer, and a tiny bit of potato bake.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 4:53 am

About 9 months out.

I am having a small piece of homemade chicken parma (about 3 mouthfuls) with a very small amount of vegies.

Had a toasted sandwich for lunch, eat nearly all of it bar some of the crust.
Back to top Go down
pipette87
pipette87

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 2:45 am

I am 13 weeks post op and last night I had a slice of mum's yummy chicken schnitzel and a spoonful of potato mash.

Tonight I'm going to have a small bowl of cauliflower soup - mmmmm..... maybe a little finger of toast with Nutlex also.
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 10:10 am

A little bit of baked white fish, with some lemon pepper for flavour, and some ratatouille with cannellini beans. Quite a small portion, though I ate more fish than expected.

I'm 4 months post-op.
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 9:13 am

5 weeks out - yeeha!

Lean pork slow cooked in clear broth with home grown veggies - carrot, kohlrabi and meat, bok choy - will dish up 70g pork, 60g veggies, 5g mungbean noodles and broth to whet the gullet.

Edited: could only finish 3/4 of that meal - booufft... am stuffed!

Last edited by lulumac on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : eyes too big!)
Back to top Go down
vanderaj
Part of the furniture
vanderaj

Male
Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 8:27 am

I tried teriyaki chicken noodles from our take out. I've managed to eat a few chunks of chicken, and in fact, too few for my daily protein requirements, so it looks like an Opti might be in my future later tonight when I don't feel so full. The one or two noodles I've tried seem to get stuck, and I'm staying clear of the celery and other vegetables.

Teriyaki chicken noodles might be soft (my current food phase), but I think mid week 4 post op might be a bit early for this type of food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greebo.net
Catapult

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 8:22 am

4 small home made felafel balls with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, spring onion, mint, parsley, hummous, tzatziki with extra garlic, and half a wholemeal pita bread.

Not sleeved yet.

Cat.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 8:11 am

Garlic and herb lamb shank (slow cooker recipe) - prepared with zucchini, carrots and sweet potato which breaks down through the sauce -yummy, perfect for thisa chilly Tassie night.
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 8:08 am

Nearly 8 weeks out.... Curried kumera and chicken soup (1/3 cup), and one marinated lamb riblet - 3 forks of meat. Delicious !

Last edited by wanttobehealthy on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyThu 05 Jan 2012, 9:30 am

7 months out...
One egg omelette with a slice of extra-light cheese, coriander & mushrooms.
Side salad with capsicum, Swiss chard, cherry tomatoes, olives and sesame dressing.
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyWed 04 Jan 2012, 8:50 pm

I am 8 and a bit weeks out.
Last night we had a roast. I had a small piece of roast chicken and about a tablespoon each of gravy, carrot, cauliflower cheese, cabbage and roast pumpkin. It was lush!
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 EmptyWed 04 Jan 2012, 12:35 am

Fettuccine & meatballs last night...
Prob 2 or 3 fork fulls of pasta & sauce, and about 4 mini meatballs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?
Page 16 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 28  Next