AuthorMessage
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

non-scale victory :) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, just to say I love a non scale victory...

went to Melbourne for a midweek break with my beloved - last time I flew was before my sleeve... I hardly fit in the seat! I was around 13 - 14 stone and at 5'1" more spherical than oblong. non-scale victory :) - Page 4 595690

On wednesday I fit comfortably in the seat with space either side and my seat belt had to be pulled in... so happy. non-scale victory :) - Page 4 542174
Another little victory - went to Forever new - love their clothes - and picked a huge selection of flowery, spring racing style outfits in size 16 (I feel as a 'young' shop most stuff is smaller than other shops) happily they all fell off, I discovered styles that did not suit but felt happy getting to know my new figure and how to dress. non-scale victory :) - Page 4 878453

I went to Target and tried on a beautiful frock - size 12, fit beautifully but a bit long in the waist. Their mirrors were great, saw everything, every little bump, extra bulge and just where my short frame lets me down with normal height clothes. non-scale victory :) - Page 4 63412

So I'm home - and yes we did really enjoy the food scene - I'm 1/2 kilo up on Tuesday and determined to get on top of the winter indulgences - thankyou frank mirrors non-scale victory :) - Page 4 65317 .

Talking food, we worked out a great way for me to try everything and Barry not to have to eat the better part of two meals. At a Greek restaurant we ordered two mezze starters and one main meal - I got to taste and enjoy and he had a reasonable meal, Tapas was no problem, Indian we had one starter, two mains (mistake - should have been starter), one rice one nan... oh and one bottle wine. It was funny serving a teaspoon of rice, a teaspoon of curry, one lamb cutlet on my very large plate but I felt in control and loved the meal. At brekky we ordered one breakfast and shared, so two eggs on toast became one egg and half a slice for me. At no time were we confronted about sharing our meals - I was ready with my 'stomach surgery' explaination just in case. non-scale victory :) - Page 4 120705

We had a wonderful time, walked everywhere, enjoyed museums, art galleries and the shops - already planning next trip. non-scale victory :) - Page 4 110673

Happy Sunday everyone - I'm off for a walk now woith my lovely hubby xoxox kiss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 2:06 am

Demi - well done.

I am now wearing a size 14 knickers and 14dd bra and I can wear pretty matching ones
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:56 pm

I had 2 victories today and 1 yesterday! i'm on fire!

lol today I managed to jog 3 1/2 mins on c25k - not a lot but I wasnt joghing at all 2 weeks ago :) PLUS at the very end of my route is a big old hill. Normally on my walks I stop a few times on the hill to catch my breath but today I made it all the way up, after 30 mins of woggleing! I must be getting fitter.

Yesterday my sister bought over a heap of clothes she is too small for. The 20 tops fit wonderfully (I was a size 26) and I can get my bum and thighs into a pair of 18 pants, although my belly is still too big, but oh my lord my thighs fit into an 18! lol.
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 11:10 am

Hi disey

Thanks, all the best for your trip in June. Can't wait to hear all about it. This is one of my favourite threads because for me these little victories and changes to life is so much more important than a number on a scale.
Back to top Go down
disey

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 10:01 am

Hazelbaby, you are also inspirational.

I am going to Bali in June, and already my size 24 bathers do not fit, and I don't want to go out and buy any a I am hoping whatever i would buy now will not fit in June.................will keep you posted.

Disey
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 9:50 am

I went on a cruise and took 2 sets of swimmers, I spent most of my time in swimmers, shorts or little sundresses. I swam without feeling self conscious. I was in the tropics without being too hot or sweaty. It was bliss...........
Back to top Go down
disey

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 12:00 pm

Tracey_379

Congrats, your story was inspirational.................

Disey
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyThu 03 Jan 2013, 11:43 am

I had a NSV when I flew over to WA and then back again over the New Year break. On the plane I was able to do the seat belt up easily and feel comfortable and also there was a gap between my tummy and the tray table so that it was able to sit flat when I was using it. It felt awesome.

Liz :)))
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2012, 11:27 am

Liny all that sounds really wonderful, I'm so happy for you! I can really relate to a few of the things you mention like not stressing out about chairs, enjoying walking so much more, etc. Huge congrats on all your achievements so far. I can't wait to hear more as you keep going :)
Back to top Go down
linypcos

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Dec 2012, 11:16 am

Ive lost 49 kg so far and these are my NSV so far

being able to go out for dinner and not worry about the seats

being able to book a holiday to Bali because for the first time I don't have to worry that i wont be able to fly due to not being able to fit in the seats or the toilet on the plane

fitting into size 18 tops and dresses

walking the whole length of the beach and not being tired

keeping up with my friends when walking around the shops

sex well its easier lol

dropping 2 shoes sizes

dropping ring sizes

opening my mind to all the things that i can now do like hiking kayaking etc that i could never contemplating before this has been so worth everything that i had to do to get hear .
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptySat 29 Dec 2012, 6:47 am

Hi fellow sleevers

Last night my husband and I went to the cricket at the stadium in homebush we have been there before for the footy and it's always awkward for me the walking and small seats normally I would be puffing and panting get to our seats and I would need half my husbands seat it got to the point where we would purchase 3 seats so we could be comfortable but last night I sat in my own seat comfortably had no issues with the walking either. Already some of the awkwardness of being fat in social situations are starting to fade and for me that's the best measure of success.
non-scale victory :) - Page 4 542174
Back to top Go down
hazelnut

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2012, 7:33 pm

I have started C25K I can run! 6 months ago I could hardly go for a walk and now I'm running!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2012, 4:51 pm

Kas - your hubby will get over it lol

I am down in shoe size and need new knickers, yippee
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2012, 11:03 am

My non scales victory, went into jay jays and not only did I actually fit into their clothes but I walked out with 4 size MEDIUM tops! Aaarrrggghhh was so very excited a almost bought everything in the shop!

The down side of this is tha my hubby is now worried about money! Lol

Kas
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Dec 2012, 10:47 am

Just got home from my first ever zumba class. I was able to do the whole class without taking a break. I really enjoyed the class and will be back for more.
Back to top Go down
busso

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: nsv   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyThu 06 Dec 2012, 2:44 am

just back from a walk, i love it! my legs dont rub together , no sweating, no chaffing, such a non scales victory i never thought would be me
Back to top Go down
Bast
Bast

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 12:59 pm

Thanks for the congrats everyone, its great being able to do things you never thought you would be able to.

Your holiday sounds fantastic demilanni, somthing to look forward to:)
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 5:25 am

We are off to queeensland - without the kids! lol

Hot air balloon ride for our wedding anniversary, jetboat/helicopter for hubbies birthday and theme parks just for fun. I always watch the rides at theme parks but this time i will be able to go on.

I got a compliment form a work mate today about how good i looked.

And i just relaised my BMI has dropped from 47 to 39 so im pretty dam chuffed
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2012, 10:14 pm

Wow!!! Good for you demilanni! I think that sounds amazing. Where are you off to?
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2012, 9:52 pm

non-scale victory :) - Page 4 692790Just booked a holiday. I have included day tours in it that I have never been able to do before. Hot air balloon, jetboat ride, theme parks. I couldnt do it now, but in 9 months I think I should be thin enough to do all these things and enjoy them!
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 6:39 am

Ditto from me too - it does feel good - enjoy

G
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 5:47 am

Wow congratulations that is amazing, you must be so proud. Well done.

Kazz B
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 3:41 am

Bast that's just awesome!! I love hearing about victories and yours sounds just amazing. I can't wait until I can buy knee high boots too!!
Back to top Go down
Bast
Bast

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 2:45 am

being able to buy my first pair of calf high motorcycle boots! never been able to fit the calf length ones before, my calves were always waaaay to big.

went into work clobber to buy my first pair of LADIES work drill pants:
Shop lady: "what size are you, 10-12?"
me: "pfft no way I'll try a pair of 14's thanks"
*goes to try them on*....... *comes back out looking sheepish*
me: "ahh yeh I'll try those 12's on thanks"
and they fit perfectly:)

went to buy some nice clothes to go to Hi-Tea from Myer. Was looking very lost and confused (im not sure ive EVER bought clothes in myer before) and a lovely lady from Cue came to my rescue. Found a great pair of size 12 pinstripe pants. Tried on a lovely blue top in a 12, thought it was a bit too big, tried on the 10 and it was the perfect size.... OMG who would have thought id be able to buy a size 10 from Myer?!?!
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

Congrats Erin,

I totally understand your excitement, that's a huge non scale win. Good for you! Well done on your progress.
non-scale victory :) - Page 4 446871 non-scale victory :) - Page 4 217555 non-scale victory :) - Page 4 542174
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 8:55 pm

it was so heart warming reading this

anyways ladies sorry guys but this one you may not relate too. actually some ladies may not either but at any rate

After erm a long time i discovered something yesterday and what a self accomplishment. for many many many years the only way i was able to put a bra on was to do the hooks up at the front and then slide the bra around and then lift the cups and straps etc and put it in its rightful place. IMAGINE my suprise when i was able to just reach the hooks around to the back and then lift the front of the bra up into place. no sliding anywhere front to back or back to front. not sure my description gives justice to this but im hoping some figure it out

non-scale victory :) - Page 4 542174 non-scale victory :) - Page 4 542174 non-scale victory :) - Page 4 542174

Erin
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 EmptySat 10 Nov 2012, 6:20 am

Congrats, lol kids say the funniest things lol of all the compliments, your eyebrows lol, you keep working your eyebrows lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

non-scale victory :)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next