AuthorMessage
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

non-scale victory :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, just to say I love a non scale victory...

went to Melbourne for a midweek break with my beloved - last time I flew was before my sleeve... I hardly fit in the seat! I was around 13 - 14 stone and at 5'1" more spherical than oblong. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 595690

On wednesday I fit comfortably in the seat with space either side and my seat belt had to be pulled in... so happy. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 542174
Another little victory - went to Forever new - love their clothes - and picked a huge selection of flowery, spring racing style outfits in size 16 (I feel as a 'young' shop most stuff is smaller than other shops) happily they all fell off, I discovered styles that did not suit but felt happy getting to know my new figure and how to dress. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 878453

I went to Target and tried on a beautiful frock - size 12, fit beautifully but a bit long in the waist. Their mirrors were great, saw everything, every little bump, extra bulge and just where my short frame lets me down with normal height clothes. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 63412

So I'm home - and yes we did really enjoy the food scene - I'm 1/2 kilo up on Tuesday and determined to get on top of the winter indulgences - thankyou frank mirrors non-scale victory :) - Page 2 65317 .

Talking food, we worked out a great way for me to try everything and Barry not to have to eat the better part of two meals. At a Greek restaurant we ordered two mezze starters and one main meal - I got to taste and enjoy and he had a reasonable meal, Tapas was no problem, Indian we had one starter, two mains (mistake - should have been starter), one rice one nan... oh and one bottle wine. It was funny serving a teaspoon of rice, a teaspoon of curry, one lamb cutlet on my very large plate but I felt in control and loved the meal. At brekky we ordered one breakfast and shared, so two eggs on toast became one egg and half a slice for me. At no time were we confronted about sharing our meals - I was ready with my 'stomach surgery' explaination just in case. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 120705

We had a wonderful time, walked everywhere, enjoyed museums, art galleries and the shops - already planning next trip. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 110673

Happy Sunday everyone - I'm off for a walk now woith my lovely hubby xoxox kiss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ting Ting

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Sep 2013, 8:46 am

Bending over to tie my sneaker laces up and not feeling puffed out - YAY..!!!
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Sep 2013, 7:31 am

My non-scale victory... being able to offer my adult daughter a pair of trackie dacks to wear (cause she was cold when she came over) and knowing they would be her size ! Packing on our last holiday, my clothes took up half the space they used to!! Love it ;)
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Sep 2013, 6:47 am

My non-scale victory is comfortably sitting in a waiting room chair. Months ago, I'd sit down then felt like I was squeezed in and was likely to get up with the chair still attached to my giant butt.
Back to top Go down
Bast
Bast

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013, 1:05 am

Once a year I go to Melbourne for a bit of time away and to go visit my little brother. I always stay in the CBD and usually caught the city loop tram everywhere because I would get so tired and my feet and knees so sore from walking. I hated those streets with hills and would just not go to those parts of the city because it was too hard.

Well a couple of weeks ago I went for my annual trip...... not tired, no sore feet or knees, walked EVERYWHERE (including those hilly streets) and only caught the tram once because my other half had never been on one.
Oh and you know when you go somewhere with someone, you're tired and sore and you just want to be there now and the person you're with says "oh its not far now, only 10mins walk" and it feels like forever and you want to shoot them? I was that person who says "not far now"! Walking chocolate tour of the city didn't phase me and didn't notice when I walked the length of Southbank several times (because I couldn't decide on which restaurant I wanted for dinner) until I got evils from other half lol.

My sleeve has been the best decision I've ever made:)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013, 5:18 am

Once again, walking...

Long distance walking and feeling great.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Aug 2013, 10:33 am

My non scale victory is not the most elegant but my hubbie said to me this morning "You know, you haven't snored and kept me awake since you got back from your operation!" Oh, well I will take it as a positive LOL.

Jussinger, how exciting to buy bathers from a normal shop - way to go!. I am not that brave yet but give me a couple of months.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Jussinger
Jussinger

Female
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Aug 2013, 12:12 pm

I walked into Target yesterday and bought bathers!!!!

non-scale victory :) - Page 2 878453 

I tried four designs on and even liked two of them. Bought the one I liked best. Bam done.
For those of you who can sympathise about the hell that is bather buying, this is a big deal. The most amazing thing.... They were size 18 with the most amazing support tummy panel for smoothing and shaping. I can't believe it myself. Done and dusted in 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 7:23 am

Well done Demi, very cool non-scale victory :) - Page 2 542174 It's great to be able to wear nice clothes.

I guess for me at the moment it's the fact I can walk without getting out of breathe, wanting to stop and rest etc. Walked over 4km Thursday and over 3.5km yesterday. I even get my dog, Pumba tuckered out lol. Dog
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013, 4:15 am

I seem to be the only one having victories?

Grabbed the 18 but it was too big.  They didnt have a 16.  Dare I try a 14? Would it fit? I did, it did!!!

I think Target fit small so super stoked to fit into a 14 from their hot options range. I will show you hot!  Lol

I do have a little stomach pooch so control top undies here I come. 

Ive never been interested in clothes but i can see a new interest developing.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013, 7:33 am

What a funny day I've had. Went to a funeral (not funny) but most of these people haven't seen me in over 12 months. I'm standing next to my sister and my aunt came over to chat. Must have been 5 mins that I was totally ignored till I asked her if she was going to say hi to me. The reaction was priceless, she literally didn't recognize me! I got heaps of double takes and lots of compliments.

Then I get home, got changed and my jeans felt funny, not quite right. Took them off and they are hubbies jeans! I fit my skinny husbands jeans!
Back to top Go down
Kazz B
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:09 am

Well done bluebags and Glenmaree it is awesome to see how this is changing our lives.

I went last weekend to a playgroup mother reunion dinner and for the first time felt "NORMAL" and was not the biggest in the group. Was a good feeling.non-scale victory :) - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 12:00 pm

Well done Blubags, that is a lot of cm. Congrates on being able to get your own shoes on, little by little and you will soon be there.
Love btgirl
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 10:48 am

I can put on socks and shoes without having to painfully contort my body to the side just bend straight over and on they go.  This is even greater when you think that the only reason I ever needed to do this was because I was going to exercise.  It was always an imperfect start that my husband had to help with on occasions.  I just add this one to the fact although the scales are like snails to move my measurements are not 80.5 in 2 months all loss.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 10:38 am

Glenmaree yippee non-scale victory :) - Page 2 542174non-scale victory :) - Page 2 446871
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 10:21 am

Yesterday I went to movie world for the first time and for the first time I was small enough to ride a roller coaster!!!! I had a ball with my grandkids - in bed and sound asleep by 7.30pm.
G
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySun 05 May 2013, 12:56 am

well one Demi
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptySat 04 May 2013, 10:43 pm

Walking in the park yesterday, toddler in one hand, dogs lead in the other. Toddler yells "let's run mummy" so off we go. Took 3 steps and jeans were around ankles. I didn't have a hand spare to hold them up! $7 Kmart jeans are on the addenda today non-scale victory :) - Page 2 314562
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 10:42 pm

My non scale victory is scale related :)

I weigh every day but official weigh in day is Sunday. For the last 2 days the scales have been under 100. Normally an achievement like that would be cause for celebration, meaning food, and then the weight would go back up and I would need comfort, from food. Today I just nodded in satisfaction and went for a run.

My run also gave me a victory. I can now run for 12 mins without stopping. Considering in November I couldnt run for 1 min thats pretty good. I could maybe run longer but there is a bloody big hill in the way.
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 1:54 am

hazelnut wrote:
sara lol! at least you didn't make her up!

LOLOLOLO....yes....so true...but then promply lost this page.....so am just now replying to you heheeheh
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 12:31 am

I have a few :)

Grabbed a jumper from Kmart size 18 and its a little loose!

My pants are falling down (not the victory but yay) so when I couldnt find my belt I gave hubbies the evil eye before trying it on and not only does it fit but I have holes to spare! Lol he is 30kg lighter than me so its too big for him, but yay.

Had to run out of the bathroom for something this morning and I wrapped a towel around me and it went all the way around! no weird little gap where my bum cheeks poked out.
Back to top Go down
hazelnut

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 4:34 am

sara lol! at least you didn't make her up!

Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 4:33 am

pippa wrote:
Hi all, just to say I love a non scale victory...

went to Melbourne for a midweek break with my beloved - last time I flew was before my sleeve... I hardly fit in the seat! I was around 13 - 14 stone and at 5'1" more spherical than oblong. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 595690

On wednesday I fit comfortably in the seat with space either side and my seat belt had to be pulled in... so happy. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 542174
Another little victory - went to Forever new - love their clothes - and picked a huge selection of flowery, spring racing style outfits in size 16 (I feel as a 'young' shop most stuff is smaller than other shops) happily they all fell off, I discovered styles that did not suit but felt happy getting to know my new figure and how to dress. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 878453

I went to Target and tried on a beautiful frock - size 12, fit beautifully but a bit long in the waist. Their mirrors were great, saw everything, every little bump, extra bulge and just where my short frame lets me down with normal height clothes. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 63412

So I'm home - and yes we did really enjoy the food scene - I'm 1/2 kilo up on Tuesday and determined to get on top of the winter indulgences - thankyou frank mirrors non-scale victory :) - Page 2 65317 .

Talking food, we worked out a great way for me to try everything and Barry not to have to eat the better part of two meals. At a Greek restaurant we ordered two mezze starters and one main meal - I got to taste and enjoy and he had a reasonable meal, Tapas was no problem, Indian we had one starter, two mains (mistake - should have been starter), one rice one nan... oh and one bottle wine. It was funny serving a teaspoon of rice, a teaspoon of curry, one lamb cutlet on my very large plate but I felt in control and loved the meal. At brekky we ordered one breakfast and shared, so two eggs on toast became one egg and half a slice for me. At no time were we confronted about sharing our meals - I was ready with my 'stomach surgery' explaination just in case. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 120705

We had a wonderful time, walked everywhere, enjoyed museums, art galleries and the shops - already planning next trip. non-scale victory :) - Page 2 110673

Happy Sunday everyone - I'm off for a walk now woith my lovely hubby xoxox kiss

Finally found Pippa :)
Back to top Go down
hazelnut

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:41 am

no worries I just thought it was funny :)
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:37 am

hazelnut wrote:
thanks Sara but who is Pippa?

oops...sorry so sorry have corrected it :(
Back to top Go down
hazelnut

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:21 am

dp
Back to top Go down
hazelnut

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:18 am

thanks Sara but who is Pippa?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

non-scale victory :)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next