AuthorMessage
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

non-scale victory :) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, just to say I love a non scale victory...

went to Melbourne for a midweek break with my beloved - last time I flew was before my sleeve... I hardly fit in the seat! I was around 13 - 14 stone and at 5'1" more spherical than oblong. non-scale victory :) - Page 3 595690

On wednesday I fit comfortably in the seat with space either side and my seat belt had to be pulled in... so happy. non-scale victory :) - Page 3 542174
Another little victory - went to Forever new - love their clothes - and picked a huge selection of flowery, spring racing style outfits in size 16 (I feel as a 'young' shop most stuff is smaller than other shops) happily they all fell off, I discovered styles that did not suit but felt happy getting to know my new figure and how to dress. non-scale victory :) - Page 3 878453

I went to Target and tried on a beautiful frock - size 12, fit beautifully but a bit long in the waist. Their mirrors were great, saw everything, every little bump, extra bulge and just where my short frame lets me down with normal height clothes. non-scale victory :) - Page 3 63412

So I'm home - and yes we did really enjoy the food scene - I'm 1/2 kilo up on Tuesday and determined to get on top of the winter indulgences - thankyou frank mirrors non-scale victory :) - Page 3 65317 .

Talking food, we worked out a great way for me to try everything and Barry not to have to eat the better part of two meals. At a Greek restaurant we ordered two mezze starters and one main meal - I got to taste and enjoy and he had a reasonable meal, Tapas was no problem, Indian we had one starter, two mains (mistake - should have been starter), one rice one nan... oh and one bottle wine. It was funny serving a teaspoon of rice, a teaspoon of curry, one lamb cutlet on my very large plate but I felt in control and loved the meal. At brekky we ordered one breakfast and shared, so two eggs on toast became one egg and half a slice for me. At no time were we confronted about sharing our meals - I was ready with my 'stomach surgery' explaination just in case. non-scale victory :) - Page 3 120705

We had a wonderful time, walked everywhere, enjoyed museums, art galleries and the shops - already planning next trip. non-scale victory :) - Page 3 110673

Happy Sunday everyone - I'm off for a walk now woith my lovely hubby xoxox kiss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
hazelnut

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 3:18 am

thanks Sara but who is Pippa?
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013, 12:51 am

Hey,

That is amazing...i cant wait to be able to try on something and actually be able to fit into it.....I don't understand why designer's think that just because we are large that we not no taste...or that we need to dress like old people!!

Can wait to buy what I like, and not buy just because it fits!!

Sara

Last edited by sara777 on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hazelnut

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 24 Feb 2013, 11:34 pm

Today I am wearing a new dress from Trenery, just a normal size dress from a normal size shop and it looks good. And I'm wearing heels, I would never wear heels before as my feet hurt too much and these are strappy and the straps fit around my not so fat anymore ankles. I'm now a 16-18, I was pushing the top of a 26. I'm only 6months out and I want to loose another 20kg but today I actually feel like I look pretty and that is a really great feeling!
Back to top Go down
disey

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 12:28 pm

Yep, mj78 I am with you. I could never buy anything off the rack at the asian shops as they were always too small no matter what the size was, and it is great to walk in and find cheap clothes these days.

Disey
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2013, 10:31 am

So, got to work yesterday and realised I forgot my cardigan (always need one at work due to air con - is that a NSV?)...Anyway, ducked up to westfields and could buy an $8 cardigan from one of those little Asian clothes shops!!! Yey!
Back to top Go down
Giggle Puss
Giggle Puss

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Feb 2013, 2:57 am

demilanni, you must go on at least one scary ride hehe I even went on the Buzz Saw my hubby went on and was as white as a ghost that was funny.

disey, that tray on the plane feeling is amazing isnt it.

I'm going to a baby shower today and I won't be worried about people asking if im due hehe lol.

Yes little things are giving us pleasure, we are all starting to live our lives in a more positive way.

Gina
Back to top Go down
disey

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyFri 08 Feb 2013, 7:12 am

Yep Gigglepus,

I had to fly north this week, and it was such a lovely feeling not having to let out that belt, and when the person in front of me put their seat back there was still room to have the tray down.

It is amazing what little things are giving us so much pleasure :-)

Disey
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 1:30 am

Giggle puss how great you were comfy on the plane. I'm going to qld in August and I want to have my first ever flight with a flat tray table and no extension belt. It will be hobbies first time to the t heme parks and I want to go on every (non scary) ride!
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Feb 2013, 1:28 am

Downloaded map my run to see how far I'm getting in my 30 min woggle and it's 4.2km! It used to be 2.5km. I must be getting faster :)
Back to top Go down
Giggle Puss
Giggle Puss

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySat 02 Feb 2013, 5:46 am

Hi all, Ive just been away on holidays the tray on the plane didnt stop on my tummy the seats seemed bigger oh no thats just me being able to fit into them. I could fit into the rides at the Gold Coast so made the most of it and went on EVERYONE of them. Also went to water parks and didnt just sit and watch I got on my bathers and joined in the fun. Love my sleeve.

Ginanon-scale victory :) - Page 3 63412
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 8:55 pm

Well done guys! I love reading about the non scale victories. Demilanni that sounds fantastic at the gym, good for you. LAJ I really hope you're still going well :)
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 10:12 am

Yay that's awesome Disey so happy you had a good experience and found enjoyable exercise.
Back to top Go down
disey

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 1:57 am

Tracey, your idea for water aerobics was a winner, the lady was great, and so were all the girls there, and i will definietely be returning.

disey
Back to top Go down
disey

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 1:52 am

LAJ, this is just the start :-) soon it will be another size down, and another, and another.

What was the movie ?

Good on you Demi, especially outlasting hte skinny one :-)

Disey
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 8:40 pm

Demi - love it.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 9:29 am

I did a mixed martial arts class at the gym. I kept up, I didn't have to rest,I didn't have to modify too much. Biggest victory - I was still going hard when the skinny thing beside me gave up! Go me :)
Back to top Go down
LAJ
LAJ

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013, 9:00 am

I am 7 days out from my sleeve and had a great day today. I went to the movies with a friend and -

1. A shirt I bought to wear on Christmas Day but couldn't because it didn't fit, fitted perfectly!

2. I had to move down my row of jeans to a smaller size!

3. Had my first "restaurant" meal, a bowl of Miso soup - $2.20!

All in all a great day!!!!

The movie was good too.
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 5:48 am

Well done Cee! You gotta share that pic with us...you're looking so fab!

debs
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 4:38 am

NSV - posing for a photo with my ridiculously gorgeous (model) cousin in our Aus day bikinis yesterday and noticing that the only difference between us is that I look like an albino next to little miss tanned.

Happy days.
Back to top Go down
disey

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 3:29 am

Ta Tracey,

Water Aerobics are next on my list, as i have now got some new bathers :-)

disey
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 1:47 am

Hi disey

I am not a fan of exercise and I am very un coordinated, and I can't stand walking but I have been really enjoying zumba and water aerobics. Good luck finding something u enjoy.
Back to top Go down
disey

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 1:39 am

Finally attempted 1 of my 2013 goals, but must say i was a bit of a disaster.

Went to YOGA for the 1st time in my life, and discovered not only was I very tight, but also unco-oridanted and had no balance, but the teacher said I was ok for a 1s timer.

Anyway, never the less i am going again this Thursday as I know now what to expect ........LOL

I was going to try Pilates, but after looking it up on the computer, think this is out of my league.

Tried Gym and hated it :-(

If you have any suggestions for an unfit slow exericiser apart from walking let me know.

I am off to mediation and reiki healing next week, so this will also be a new experience.

Life is definitely for living and I am up for new experiences thanks to my SLEEVE.

Disey
Back to top Go down
disey

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Jan 2013, 1:33 am

Yay Lin, The tray was my biggist issue. the seat and seatbelt were ok, but the tray was unbelivable. I am going on a flight in 4 weeks so it will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Jan 2013, 9:21 am

also had a pleasant flight the other day. didn't feel so tight in the seats. the tray goes down without it stopping on my belly.
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 4:20 am

Yay Lin

That's one of my non scale goals. Matching underwear!!!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 2:06 am

Demi - well done.

I am now wearing a size 14 knickers and 14dd bra and I can wear pretty matching ones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

non-scale victory :)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next