AuthorMessage
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

non-scale victory :) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, just to say I love a non scale victory...

went to Melbourne for a midweek break with my beloved - last time I flew was before my sleeve... I hardly fit in the seat! I was around 13 - 14 stone and at 5'1" more spherical than oblong. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 595690

On wednesday I fit comfortably in the seat with space either side and my seat belt had to be pulled in... so happy. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 542174
Another little victory - went to Forever new - love their clothes - and picked a huge selection of flowery, spring racing style outfits in size 16 (I feel as a 'young' shop most stuff is smaller than other shops) happily they all fell off, I discovered styles that did not suit but felt happy getting to know my new figure and how to dress. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 878453

I went to Target and tried on a beautiful frock - size 12, fit beautifully but a bit long in the waist. Their mirrors were great, saw everything, every little bump, extra bulge and just where my short frame lets me down with normal height clothes. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 63412

So I'm home - and yes we did really enjoy the food scene - I'm 1/2 kilo up on Tuesday and determined to get on top of the winter indulgences - thankyou frank mirrors non-scale victory :) - Page 8 65317 .

Talking food, we worked out a great way for me to try everything and Barry not to have to eat the better part of two meals. At a Greek restaurant we ordered two mezze starters and one main meal - I got to taste and enjoy and he had a reasonable meal, Tapas was no problem, Indian we had one starter, two mains (mistake - should have been starter), one rice one nan... oh and one bottle wine. It was funny serving a teaspoon of rice, a teaspoon of curry, one lamb cutlet on my very large plate but I felt in control and loved the meal. At brekky we ordered one breakfast and shared, so two eggs on toast became one egg and half a slice for me. At no time were we confronted about sharing our meals - I was ready with my 'stomach surgery' explaination just in case. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 120705

We had a wonderful time, walked everywhere, enjoyed museums, art galleries and the shops - already planning next trip. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 110673

Happy Sunday everyone - I'm off for a walk now woith my lovely hubby xoxox kiss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 7:48 am

Hope you didn't actually show them your full moon! *grins*
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 4:40 am

MY recent NSV. Had a bunch of old friends over for a christmas bash Saturday night and we played some Wii dance games.

One of my friends (sitting behind when I was dancing) said "Oooh- What a nice BUM!" and proceded to feel it! ( She's an old old friend who likes to be tactile! She then went on to explore my hip bones as well saying- "Who knew that they were there?")

Later watched the lunar eclipse with these lunatics... fun.
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 3:22 am

I am still in a state of shock everytime I am in the changerooms and put on clothes that look like they would never fit me on the hanger and when I put it on it fits perfectly. I absolutely love it. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 427584
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 3:18 am

Only way to be green stargazer. I always tell my hubby and daughter that life would just be too boring without me. Things just pop in and out of my head all the time and some stay long enough to crack me up. I think I may be slightly nuts though. Actually I think you have to be to survive life sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 3:13 am

Been in the Shopping centre and have noticed a few men passers by having a second look. Been a long time since that has happened. hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 3:12 am

Excellent, I'm in good company then!

non-scale victory :) - Page 8 120705
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 3:05 am

I went to the supermarket with my daughter and grandaughter yesterday and they were walking just a couple of steps behind me when my daughter goes Oh my God mum, you don't have a ghetto booty anymore. We both just cracked up hysterically while the rest of the shoppers wondered what was going on. BTW green stargazer my hubby knows he is married to a lunatic who giggles at anything randomly and not just since being sleeved. lol.
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 3:00 am

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the official new NSV thread as the old one used to be in the Post Op Page and is now 40 pages long and locked.

Just wanted to add my own quirky NSV ...

Walking past shops a couple of times recently I've seen my own reflection in the glass but not recognised myself. LOL, fancy having to do a double take, on yourself. (I think hubby now thinks he's married a lunatic ... who giggles at herself randomly!)

Congratulations for all of your victories!

non-scale victory :) - Page 8 217555
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyMon 24 Oct 2011, 9:40 am

my non-scale victory is managing to cycle up a hill that takes me 10 mins bottom to top (my total ride is 30 mins, down from 40 mins last year). It's the hottest day since last Feb and was around 33 degrees with thunder building.
I managed the whole ride, not too fast up the hill but racing the storm I could see down the coast - and did not get off once!
non-scale victory :) - Page 8 308167
Last week I cycled to work for my 4 days 20 mins there, 30 mins back (hill makes the difference) and put on a kilo - no difference in eating pattern! At least I feel fitter!
non-scale victory :) - Page 8 697586
I will leave my body to science as my metabolism runs backwards!!! I put weight on during a week in hospital on fluids only after having my yucky appendix removed! Those of us with a scientific brain just know I absorbed the hospital walls!
non-scale victory :) - Page 8 878453
Go non-scale victories! and I'll keep on cycling
non-scale victory :) - Page 8 314562
Ohh, I did a 40 min walk with hubby straight afterwards, think that helps stretch the calves.
Thank heavens for water :)
xoxox
Pippa
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2011, 9:13 pm

I got a bike for my birthday last week, a really cute retro bike, that is dark purple in colour - and you all know how important colour is to these things!!
Well, it's my first bike with gears and brakes....
I have gone for a couple of little rides, 20-25 mins until the saddle soreness sets in, and yes, there is a big padded seat, it's just that my inbuilt seat is bigger!!
Yesterday DH and I went for a ride, 50mins worth, about 8.5kms!!
I know it's not such a long way, but I did it easily, albeit there weren't any real hills, but I didn't feel like I was going to die or anything!
So watch out, next year I might go in the around the bay ride...lol.
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2011, 5:22 am

Whisper- I remember the bliss in being able to lie on my side. Congrats!

I have a NSV - I am wearing a three quarter length dress for the first time in about 20 years! I still have canckles- but I figure people can suffer looking at them!

I feel sort of undresssed..... no trousers!
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Whisper

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 9:25 am

It's a small victory, but I'll take them where I can get them...

As of last night, I can sleep on my side again :)

(Only on the left side, still quite sore on the right, but I consider it a victory nonetheless.)

Ahh, small pleasures :)

W.
Back to top Go down
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 2:19 pm

WOW what an amazing marker in your journey pippa and an amazing weekend to go along with it by the sounds of it. Well done on all your success.
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

non-scale victory :) - Page 8 446871

Well done :) I remember flying for the first time since the sleeve and automatically adjusted the seatbelt to the biggest size. D'oh! It's a good feeling :)
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

thankyou diddles - feels great! non-scale victory :) - Page 8 446871

looking forward to moving towards 55kg... bit by bit... I'll get there but slowly non-scale victory :) - Page 8 63412

You look gorgeous by the way... and teeny tiny supre... wow... extra wow!
kiss
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 11:09 am

Got to love those non scale victories, you go girlfriend!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female

PostSubject: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

Hi all, just to say I love a non scale victory...

went to Melbourne for a midweek break with my beloved - last time I flew was before my sleeve... I hardly fit in the seat! I was around 13 - 14 stone and at 5'1" more spherical than oblong. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 595690

On wednesday I fit comfortably in the seat with space either side and my seat belt had to be pulled in... so happy. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 542174
Another little victory - went to Forever new - love their clothes - and picked a huge selection of flowery, spring racing style outfits in size 16 (I feel as a 'young' shop most stuff is smaller than other shops) happily they all fell off, I discovered styles that did not suit but felt happy getting to know my new figure and how to dress. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 878453

I went to Target and tried on a beautiful frock - size 12, fit beautifully but a bit long in the waist. Their mirrors were great, saw everything, every little bump, extra bulge and just where my short frame lets me down with normal height clothes. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 63412

So I'm home - and yes we did really enjoy the food scene - I'm 1/2 kilo up on Tuesday and determined to get on top of the winter indulgences - thankyou frank mirrors non-scale victory :) - Page 8 65317 .

Talking food, we worked out a great way for me to try everything and Barry not to have to eat the better part of two meals. At a Greek restaurant we ordered two mezze starters and one main meal - I got to taste and enjoy and he had a reasonable meal, Tapas was no problem, Indian we had one starter, two mains (mistake - should have been starter), one rice one nan... oh and one bottle wine. It was funny serving a teaspoon of rice, a teaspoon of curry, one lamb cutlet on my very large plate but I felt in control and loved the meal. At brekky we ordered one breakfast and shared, so two eggs on toast became one egg and half a slice for me. At no time were we confronted about sharing our meals - I was ready with my 'stomach surgery' explaination just in case. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 120705

We had a wonderful time, walked everywhere, enjoyed museums, art galleries and the shops - already planning next trip. non-scale victory :) - Page 8 110673

Happy Sunday everyone - I'm off for a walk now woith my lovely hubby xoxox kiss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

non-scale victory :)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8