AuthorMessage
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 7:28 am

Hey Buddy :)

I was gunna call it a speed bump, thats all and everyone has answered so well that I really dont have anything to add but what a great job you have already done in 3.5 months...like countrygirl said that poundage gone each week is awesome!!!

Keep going mate
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 5:52 am

By the way. Your loss of 7-10 pounds per week is awesome. Adding the carbs may have just caused fluid retention. I always try to steer clear of bread (I absolutely love fresh bread - especially crunchy bread). I was told that generally if you crave bread it is possible that you are allergic to the ingredients and it actually makes you feel bloated and retain fluids. Do you feel okay after eating it. Notice any tiredness or bloating? Just a thought.

In australia we can get low carb beer. Is that available over there?
Back to top Go down
DUSTY
DUSTY

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 1:02 am

Thank you guy's so much !! I knew my surgery friends would set my mind at ease with good advice .. I defently know im to blame for last week , I started to tolerate bread better and thought well its only a 6 in. and im splitting it into two meals so it cant be bad , I thought heck i used to eat a double meat foot long a xl- soda and a cookie for lunch and thought that was eating healthy when i was pre-op......lol... I figured the 6 in. would be harmless , i was wrong and the carbs added up and gave me a wake up call...... Thanks everyone..
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON EmptyTue 08 Sep 2009, 11:35 pm

Yes, lots of road bumps! And believe me, it's easier if you don't weigh yourself every day but just once a week!
I know the temptation to get on every day is huge, but when you're going up and down all the time - and we all have bodily fluctuations that affect that - it can be quite stressful.
Weigh yourself at the same time every week, before you eat, wearing the same clothes (or like me, naked), and you should see some consistency.
Good luck!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON EmptyTue 08 Sep 2009, 11:30 pm

Sadly my scales still bounce around like crazy things. I had hoped those days were over but nope.

Instead of a weekly weight I now record to my ticker each time I hit a new low base number and I use that to chart progress. I seem steady at 2-4kg (4-9 pound) loss per month.

I weigh myself daily and if i worked on that this week I was 89.2, 88.6, 88.0, 89.6. 89.3 , 88.7 which would drive me crazy if the high was a weigh in day. Yes, despite small meals if I stray on carbs in particular have bread, if I have water retention, if the sun shines, you name it, I can still bounce up around 2kg or 4.5 pound. It was hard as 3 days after hitting 88 I looked like I would hit 87 but went sharply the other way instead.

Its a journey, remember it will have road bumps.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON EmptyTue 08 Sep 2009, 11:18 pm

Hey, Dusty, you'll be fine.
Yes, it's a setback, but only a small one.
And you seem to be doing well with the food.
As Tracey said, when you move on to more solid foods, it does make a difference - but it's only short-term, and will sort itself out.
Don't forget, too, that you may experience stalls in weight loss, or even small weight gains like you already did, and that's something that we all go through as well. Often at this time you will notice that although your weight isn't changing much, your size is going down, so take note of this too.
I remember feeling similarly at around the same time, but I'm still losing a little, so don't worry.
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON EmptyTue 08 Sep 2009, 10:27 pm

don't lose heart Dusty, 3 weeks and then 3 months seem to be the usual blimps for most of us. At the 3 months stage you will find that theres a lot of things you can eat and drink that you couldn't before and thats where the self disciplin needs to step up another notch!

By being truthful to yourself, you have already sorted self out, so just keep going and hopefully next week will be a good loss. We're all here for you, and most of us have had that devastating gain, (which by the way is piddly squat!) so know how you feel.

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down
DUSTY
DUSTY

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON EmptyTue 08 Sep 2009, 6:37 pm

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO GET WEIGHED EVERY SUNDAY , IVE LOST 7-10 LBS. EVERY WEEK , THIS SUNDAY I GAINED 4 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM ONLY 3 AND A HALF MONTHS POST-OP .. THIS HAS REALLY HIT ME SO HARD AND UNEXPECTED , I DID EAT A FEW THINGS THAT WEEK THAT I SHOULDNT HAVE BUT I DIDNT FIGURE THIS..

I USALLY EAT 4 TABLE SPOONS OF CREAM OF WHEAT FOR BREAKFEST

HALF OF A 6 IN. HAM AND CHEESE FOR LUNCH

THE OTHER HALF FOR A MID DAY SNACK

HALF OF A LEAN CUSINE PORTION CONTROL DINNER (ABOUT 3 TABLESPOONS OF CHICKEN AND MASHED POTATOES)

90 CALORIE SMART CHOICE SMALL PORTION POP-CORNFOR AFTER DINNER SNACK

I DRINK WATER AND CRYSTAL LIGHT THRU OUT THE DAY

NOW THE ONLY BAD THINGS THAT I CAN THINK THAT I ADDED THAT WEEK WAS 2 BEERS ONE NIGHT AND A COCA-COLA THE NEXT NIGHT..I USALLY HAVE "ONE" SODA A WEEK JUST TO KEEP THE OLD CRAVINGS AWAY.

THIS WEEK I HAVE CUT ALL BREADS AND ANY POSSBILE CARBS OUT , DEFENTLY NO MORE BEER OR EVEN ONE SODA.. I HOPE TO GOD THAT THE SCALE IS BETTER TO ME THIS WEEK... IVE LOST 170 LBS. TOTAL WHICH IM REALLY HAPPY WITH BUT I AM NO WEAR NEAR READY TO STOP YET... SO PLEASE TELL ME THERES NO WAY MY WEIGHT LOSS IS GONNA STOP AT ONLY 3 AND A HALF MONTHS AND SLOW WAY DOWN ALREADY !!!! SORRY I JUST NEEDED TO VENT TO MY FRIENDS THAT I KNOW WILL UNDERSTAND ..... THANKS GUYS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON   HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON Empty

Back to top Go down

HAD MY 1ST SCALE LET DOWN AND IT SEEMS TO SOON
Page 1 of 1