AuthorMessage
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

non-scale victory :) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, just to say I love a non scale victory...

went to Melbourne for a midweek break with my beloved - last time I flew was before my sleeve... I hardly fit in the seat! I was around 13 - 14 stone and at 5'1" more spherical than oblong. non-scale victory :) - Page 6 595690

On wednesday I fit comfortably in the seat with space either side and my seat belt had to be pulled in... so happy. non-scale victory :) - Page 6 542174
Another little victory - went to Forever new - love their clothes - and picked a huge selection of flowery, spring racing style outfits in size 16 (I feel as a 'young' shop most stuff is smaller than other shops) happily they all fell off, I discovered styles that did not suit but felt happy getting to know my new figure and how to dress. non-scale victory :) - Page 6 878453

I went to Target and tried on a beautiful frock - size 12, fit beautifully but a bit long in the waist. Their mirrors were great, saw everything, every little bump, extra bulge and just where my short frame lets me down with normal height clothes. non-scale victory :) - Page 6 63412

So I'm home - and yes we did really enjoy the food scene - I'm 1/2 kilo up on Tuesday and determined to get on top of the winter indulgences - thankyou frank mirrors non-scale victory :) - Page 6 65317 .

Talking food, we worked out a great way for me to try everything and Barry not to have to eat the better part of two meals. At a Greek restaurant we ordered two mezze starters and one main meal - I got to taste and enjoy and he had a reasonable meal, Tapas was no problem, Indian we had one starter, two mains (mistake - should have been starter), one rice one nan... oh and one bottle wine. It was funny serving a teaspoon of rice, a teaspoon of curry, one lamb cutlet on my very large plate but I felt in control and loved the meal. At brekky we ordered one breakfast and shared, so two eggs on toast became one egg and half a slice for me. At no time were we confronted about sharing our meals - I was ready with my 'stomach surgery' explaination just in case. non-scale victory :) - Page 6 120705

We had a wonderful time, walked everywhere, enjoyed museums, art galleries and the shops - already planning next trip. non-scale victory :) - Page 6 110673

Happy Sunday everyone - I'm off for a walk now woith my lovely hubby xoxox kiss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Red5
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 7:24 am

I finally have one that I'm proud of ... my legs no longer make that 'swishing noise' when I walk as my pants no longer rub together.
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012, 10:39 pm

Absoluely brilliant Glenmaree!! What a great achievement I imagine you danced down the street after that app't.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 11:04 am

Well done Glenmaree!!,
how exciting for you! I totally believe in keeping a record of centimetres lost? Bet you have a big smile on your face!!
Linda
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: tape measures   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 9:54 am

I went to the dietitician today and she used an ordinary tape measure - the type that measures under 150cm - wahoo - previously she has used a quilting tape meaure which measures up to 3 mtrs. I noticed that there was still plenty of tape to go even when measuring my biggest bits. 170cm total lost and 40 kg. non-scale victory :) - Page 6 314562
Back to top Go down
Whisper
Whisper

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyThu 19 Jul 2012, 9:15 am

I've just this week noticed.... I can now wear heels all day without crippling myself. Balance (in heels) seems to be a lot easier too.

Small things :)
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm

OhAsimov, That was totally hysterical....thanks so much for sharing. I had always tried to work out if I could hang it on the handbag hook just for the extra space! That is one non-scale victory that I am really looking forward to.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
Asimov
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 1:22 pm

Thanks Girls - nice to know that I'm not the only one! Glad we've been able to have bit of a laugh about it! non-scale victory :) - Page 6 787760
Would not have thought to move it out of the cubicle, but wish I had....
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 11:47 am

hysterical!!!
and of course yes i can relate!!! i used to stick them outside the loo if no one was watching!!! there was not room for me the loo and the sanny bin!
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 7:55 am

I think most of us can! lol
I didnt even realise, glad to have it pointed out!!!
Linda
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: funny   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2012, 7:12 am

Asimove

That is so funny and I can so relate!!!!

G
Back to top Go down
Asimov
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

At the risk of grossing everyone out - the NSV that gave me the greatest feeling of elation was when I could finally use a public loo without my bum touching the 'feminine hygiene' bin! YAYYYYYYYY!
Back to top Go down
z1gg1e79
Part of the furniture
z1gg1e79

Female
Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 5:55 am

Way to go! It is the little things that matter.

I am soon travelling overseas, no longer dreading being squashed into my seat on the plane!
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2012, 5:21 am

I've just had a YeeHaa moment. I managed to fit into the chair at my favorite coffee shop!!!
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 11:05 pm

Well done Emily!! WooHoo!
And totally understand the saggy elephant skin comment mine is horrible!
( but its worth it)
Linda
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 10:47 pm

Went shopping this afternoon and bought size 6 cutoff denim shorts. Also fit into size 4 calvin klein shorts but didn't like them.

Still amazes me!! I feel so naked wearing shorts but if I look in the mirror I have to admit I have slender legs now! (At least until you get up to the saggy elephant bits at the top!)
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 9:42 am

Ohhh forgot to mention being able to wear my boyfriends t shirts, pjs bottoms, love it, never been able to do it.

Sadly I don't look quite as cute in them as the chicky babes do in the 'rom coms' but nearly..............
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

Discovering that as well as collar bones I had a rib cage hiding, and it is making a reappearance.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 6:18 am

NSV - being able to shop at tacky places like Valley Girl and buy a dress and 2 tops for just under $40.

Gosh if only I was 15.. I'd go mental in that store.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 4:09 am

Little one but only just realised....l.

I can get 2 pf my tshirts side by side on the clothes horse now!!!!!!
Woo Hoo! Have basically doubled my clothesline space! lol, is great with all the wet weather we have had lately!

Lindav non-scale victory :) - Page 6 878453
Back to top Go down
mezzalini
mezzalini

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptySun 08 Jul 2012, 12:27 am

Went to the Brisbane Entertainment Centre and had room to wiggle in the seat without spilling over onto the people sitting next to me like I used too.

Did some happy chair dancing to celebrate.

Flight of the Choncords were hilarious too.
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptySat 07 Jul 2012, 1:04 am

Another non-scal victory for me, and again pre-sleeve! I can get into knickers off a rack in Target and do not have to send away for bombay bloomers!! lol

Cheers,

Janet

PS Last time I had a bath was in January 1981, you will all hear me when I can get in comfortably, AND, get out again
Back to top Go down
Ryjackmama
Part of the furniture
Ryjackmama

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyFri 06 Jul 2012, 3:03 am

Not having to worry about fitting in the plastic chairs with arms at a BBQ.....
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 9:04 am

Being able to buy bargains in Crossroads, Suzanne Grae and Target, normal sizes not the larger sizes section.

Wondering around DJs in the sales and deciding what styles I liked, rather than what might fit.

Discovering some new shops to find nice clothes in. Been sticking to cheap and cheerful so far til I get closer to goal.

Going for a walk after a day at the zoo because I still had some energy left.

Playing with my son on the roundabout.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 6:07 am

I don't take baths but I do sometimes like to just put some music on and sit in the shower for a while..

So much room these days :)

Back to top Go down
Janojet
Part of the furniture
Janojet

Female
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 2:06 am

Love all these NSVs - adore the idea of a nice bath Ginka - and being able to get out of it again without having to turn over onto knees and hands... and being COVERED with hot water - not my tummy and boosies and fat thighs still in the air!!!

Kate, it is amazing to have met you as a slim, gorgeous young thing and imagine you having difficulty with anything weight related... and well done on joining the ambo vollies...

Well done everyone else - was such a good read. Thank you for starting this threat Pippa.
Jane
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

Ohhh a hot bath! Sounds great. Love a good non scale victory!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

non-scale victory :)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next