AuthorMessage
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

non-scale victory :) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySun 18 Sep 2011, 8:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all, just to say I love a non scale victory...

went to Melbourne for a midweek break with my beloved - last time I flew was before my sleeve... I hardly fit in the seat! I was around 13 - 14 stone and at 5'1" more spherical than oblong. non-scale victory :) - Page 5 595690

On wednesday I fit comfortably in the seat with space either side and my seat belt had to be pulled in... so happy. non-scale victory :) - Page 5 542174
Another little victory - went to Forever new - love their clothes - and picked a huge selection of flowery, spring racing style outfits in size 16 (I feel as a 'young' shop most stuff is smaller than other shops) happily they all fell off, I discovered styles that did not suit but felt happy getting to know my new figure and how to dress. non-scale victory :) - Page 5 878453

I went to Target and tried on a beautiful frock - size 12, fit beautifully but a bit long in the waist. Their mirrors were great, saw everything, every little bump, extra bulge and just where my short frame lets me down with normal height clothes. non-scale victory :) - Page 5 63412

So I'm home - and yes we did really enjoy the food scene - I'm 1/2 kilo up on Tuesday and determined to get on top of the winter indulgences - thankyou frank mirrors non-scale victory :) - Page 5 65317 .

Talking food, we worked out a great way for me to try everything and Barry not to have to eat the better part of two meals. At a Greek restaurant we ordered two mezze starters and one main meal - I got to taste and enjoy and he had a reasonable meal, Tapas was no problem, Indian we had one starter, two mains (mistake - should have been starter), one rice one nan... oh and one bottle wine. It was funny serving a teaspoon of rice, a teaspoon of curry, one lamb cutlet on my very large plate but I felt in control and loved the meal. At brekky we ordered one breakfast and shared, so two eggs on toast became one egg and half a slice for me. At no time were we confronted about sharing our meals - I was ready with my 'stomach surgery' explaination just in case. non-scale victory :) - Page 5 120705

We had a wonderful time, walked everywhere, enjoyed museums, art galleries and the shops - already planning next trip. non-scale victory :) - Page 5 110673

Happy Sunday everyone - I'm off for a walk now woith my lovely hubby xoxox kiss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Nov 2012, 6:20 am

Congrats, lol kids say the funniest things lol of all the compliments, your eyebrows lol, you keep working your eyebrows lol.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Nov 2012, 6:11 am

I had to tighten the strap on my heart rate monitor and my toddler told me I had beautiful eye brows
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Nov 2012, 5:59 am

Hi Linda

What a lovely shop assistant, congrats on your progress, that's fantastic.

Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySat 10 Nov 2012, 2:11 am

Congratulations Tracey!
No victory is too small to celebrate!

I gave a shop assistant a hug the other day when she asked me if I was a size 12!!! Never have been and never will be as my bones are just the wrong shape! BUT it was so nice! Am a 16-18 atm!
Linda non-scale victory :) - Page 5 878453
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyFri 09 Nov 2012, 10:42 pm

Hi all

I thought I would post my little victory, for the first time in years I can comfortably reach my toes. My belly no longer makes it impossible to trim and paint my toe nails. Still a long way to go but I think it's important to celebrate the small victories along the journey.
non-scale victory :) - Page 5 542174 non-scale victory :) - Page 5 65317
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

Lmao literally Linda :)
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

Haha Kateh......
I spose another one would be being able to fit about 6 pairs of knickers on one strand of the clothes line instead of only 3!!!
Linda :-)
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2012, 5:41 am

Would say its already been covered but going to share anyway.

So much less to pack when going away!! My clothes are so much smaller, especially undies. My Mum came down last week & was folding up my clothes when she remarked how similar in size mine & my 5 year old where in size LOL!! WOOHOO!!
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

Being able to walk into any clothes shop and look around without getting that "we've got nothing in here that fits YOU!!!!" look from the shop assistants.
Back to top Go down
Chap25

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySun 30 Sep 2012, 12:11 pm

I don't need a connector to do up my bras anymore. :)
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: hospital gowns   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Sep 2012, 12:02 pm

No longer need to wear 2 hospital gowns (one at the front and another at the back to cover the gap). One wardie and one nurse to slide me up in the bed - wahoo

G
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012, 12:36 pm

That's awesome Shan, how exciting! I can't remember if I have ever been able to look down and see anything but my belly, so I'm looking forward to my toes making an appearance!!
Back to top Go down
Shan

Female
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySun 16 Sep 2012, 11:17 pm

I was having a shower this morning and I can now see my toes when I stand up straight and look down. I haven't been able to do that for awhile

non-scale victory :) - Page 5 542174
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 4:52 pm

Mammabear, that is great and what an incentive....
I sure wish I had as much energy as I now do when mine were little!
Oh well no looking back, only forward!! :-)
Linda
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

Took my children down to the local park today and though to myself Im going to go have a swing with my 3 yr old son....and OMG I could fit in the swing and my son started to push me lol......I then proceeded to go down the slide....and my butt slid down fine without getting stuck.....so looking forward in more non scale victories with my kids:)
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 1:23 pm

Took my children down to the local park today and though to myself Im going to go have a swing with my 3 yr old son....and OMG I could fit in the swing and my son started to push me lol......I then proceeded to go down the slide....and my butt slid down fine without getting stuck.....so looking forward in more non scale victories with my kids:)
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyFri 31 Aug 2012, 9:30 am

Melraff what an excellent incentive!!!
Well done!
Linda
Back to top Go down
melraff
melraff

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-03-27

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyFri 31 Aug 2012, 12:45 am

I'm only three weeks out but have lost a lot and can fit my whole hand down the side of my knee high boots that's we're previously tight to zip up!
Back to top Go down
sharona333

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 10:52 pm

I found an old pair of trousers I used to wear before my sleeve - size 24/26, I could actually fit in one leg and my niece got in the other one..... happy photos galore.

Sharona333 xoxox
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySat 25 Aug 2012, 12:30 am

Being able to wear nice clothes, a friend who sews is making me a dress for a party and it has a corset top and I have a waist, oh my god, a waist, whooooo hooooooo
Back to top Go down
Giggle Puss
Giggle Puss

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 12:14 pm

I now have a Neck,Ankles & Wrists. Can walk for ages without getting puffed out. No more blood pressure tablets. I look like the REAL ME that was trapped inside just waiting to get out. I cannot wear any of my old clothes hehe don't mind going clothes shopping anymore only problem is I need to hold back hahaha.

Ta Gina
Back to top Go down
lissa75

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-03-03

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyFri 24 Aug 2012, 11:22 am

My favourite jeans of all time fit me - have not had them on since 2004..

what a good feeling.

lissa
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 5:17 am

I had a great non-scale victory this morning. I was sorting out clothes in my wardrobe and came across a pair of size 22 BIB jeans. They didn't even look familiar and I can't remember them at all so it must be many, many years since I've been able to wear them. I tried them on and they fit perfectly! I was so thrilled to be able to get them on. For a long time I've been too big to even fit into the largest sizes in plus-size stores, so this felt like a great victory to me :)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Aug 2012, 10:49 pm

you are a star Glenmaree
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 Aug 2012, 10:24 pm

At a party for my son's 21st birthday a number of people walked past me as they didn't recognise me. I haven't seen most of the people who were there since before my surgery. It was really nice to receive so many gob smacked look and lots of lovely complements.

Ultimately tho, the best part is looking nice in the photos that were taken on the day. No more cringing..........................
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 7:24 am

I finally have one that I'm proud of ... my legs no longer make that 'swishing noise' when I walk as my pants no longer rub together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: non-scale victory :)   non-scale victory :) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

non-scale victory :)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next