64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
shazza73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Alcohol   Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 3:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone

I could not find another post on this, So I hope its ok. Im not a raving alcoholic but a couple of times a year eg. weddings, christmas etc I like to drink too much , do you think this is possible with the sleeve, I still wont to be able to enjoy these types of things, especially much thinner.

sharon
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
The bad apple(sauce)

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after Sleeve   Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 2:03 am

Hi Sharron,
Be carful of your alcohol intake in the early stages as a lot of people find they turn into "1/2 pot screamers" as it hit's them quickly. After that it's like everything else you do it's about what your new stomach can handle & all those luxury's in life in moderation.
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after Sleeve   Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 12:15 am

The only caution I have heard about wine and liquor is that some high profile RNY patients- like Carnie Wilson lost weight on RNY and gradually substituted alcoholism for food addictive behavior. This does not mean that someone who drinks a few glasses of wine per week need worry. I suspect the doctors are just being very cautious when they advise no liquor because it is impossible to tell who will know when to stop and who won't. My problem would never be liquor- hot fudge - absolutely, but not liquor.
Back to top Go down
sallyanne
sallyanne

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after Sleeve   Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Aug 2008, 12:08 am

i love my wine. i asked my surgeon about drinking the wine and he said its fine.
just to remember that cause its a tiny tummy it wont take much to get the effects. he told me to practice at home before i go out so i know how much i can have. also to remember alcohol is empty calories.
i now have about 1/2 a glass most nights but it takes me about 2 hours to drink
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after Sleeve   Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 6:57 pm

hey
yes I do enjoy a drink.lol.
It now goes to my head and I am very easily drunk.lol. I do feel fine just extremely merry after. and the calories are a worry.
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after Sleeve   Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 6:16 pm

Hello
I have to say that I like a glass of wine! I'm just 4 weeks post op and was not going to admit this but I have been drinking a few glasses of wine this week on holiday! Now I don't know what the outcome of this will be, but I feel fine!, didnt suffer a hangover, and found it easier to go down than food...so phew I've confessed! I read some horror story about a woman driving after drinking relatively little (she had had a bypass) and caused an accident. So I would not get behind the wheel of a car!
I'm sure it's only for the calorie intake that it is not allowed and that as it is addictive and goes down easily, it can become a problem!
I'll let you know!
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Alcohol   Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Aug 2008, 3:30 pm

Hi everyone

I could not find another post on this, So I hope its ok. Im not a raving alcoholic but a couple of times a year eg. weddings, christmas etc I like to drink too much , do you think this is possible with the sleeve, I still wont to be able to enjoy these types of things, especially much thinner.

sharon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after Sleeve   Alcohol after Sleeve - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alcohol after Sleeve
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5