AuthorMessage
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

Alcohol after the sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after the sleeve   Alcohol after the sleeve EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015, 2:35 am

As is the case with everything that we put in our mouths, moderation is the key, and alcohol is no exception. If you enjoy a drink, you can continue to do so after your healing time, but consider the calories etc in your overall count for the day. I was about 5-6 months out before reintroducing alcohol.

I still enjoy a vodka and diet coke, but almost all of the bubbles need to be gone for me to drink it and it takes a while for me to get through it. I drink it because I like the taste of it, not to get blind drunk, and sip away at it over an hour or so (and sometimes pop it back in the fridge lol).

So yes, you can still drink alcohol, but be responsible! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after the sleeve   Alcohol after the sleeve EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015, 10:26 pm

I don't really drink, so not an iss
ue for me, but I was talking to someone who was sleeved last September, and she lost 30kg in the first 10 months, and does like  a champagne, and her surgeon told her that if she hadn't continued to drink alcohol, she probably would have lost more (she had more to lose) I don't know if she was drinking a lot, or on a Sat night, or every now & then - not sure, but something to consider, maybe (maybe not !!!)
Back to top Go down
pinkandblue82
pinkandblue82

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2014-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after the sleeve   Alcohol after the sleeve EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015, 12:19 pm

I can drink fizzy drinks just have to let the gas go out a little, I was sleeved in feb and waited a few months before I drank, it burned the first few times but ok now

u will prob find your taste and preferences may change though
Back to top Go down
Ineedasleeve
Ineedasleeve

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-07-21

PostSubject: Alcohol after the sleeve   Alcohol after the sleeve EmptyFri 09 Oct 2015, 7:04 am

How long until we are allowed to have a glass of alcohol, My surgeon told me no fizzy drinks and I usually drink Southern comfort and coke life so I won't be having that, but what about a weak glass of Bailey's and milk or something similar ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol after the sleeve   Alcohol after the sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Alcohol after the sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: