Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Alcohol ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alcohol ...   Alcohol ... EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013, 5:16 am

My fiancé made strawberry and mint margaritas last night to go with our dinner (or in my case, 30 minutes before dinner) 

I had about half but there wasn't much alcohol in it and it wasn't fizzy. It was nice to have something different and not too outrageous that it'd ruin my healthy eating.

I haven't had any fizzy drink but aren't bothered by it or craving it either. As far as alcohol goes, I've never been a big drinker. I've never been drunk and probably only had a handful of drinks in a year. 

I could take it or leave it but I've got a lot of friends who like to drink and have had the surgery so I was curious to if it affected us more now that our tummies are smaller.
Back to top Go down
Kil1980

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-04-17

Alcohol ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alcohol ...   Alcohol ... EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013, 4:22 am

My Dr told me to steer clear for 12 months ( i also have kidney probs though) I cannot even have a soft drink ..I miss my wine...Im not a big drinker by a white wine every now and then would be nice...

A friend of a friend who had the op had some wine 10 weeks post op and she was very drunk and very sick...maybe just go slow

x
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Alcohol ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alcohol ...   Alcohol ... EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013, 9:36 am

Hi,i have not tried any alcohol since my sleeve,i am not really a drinker so I certainly don't miss it any way.Many have warned to be careful though as with the smaller stomach it can hit your hard and quick and you can be a cheap date or drunk lol.Do beware of the fizzy types though as it can be too gassy for your stomach,i even rarely drink fizzy drinks and I don't miss any of them,i now prefer a good cappo coffe or juice. May be just try a glass of wine at home and see how you go,if you are off your face, well at least you are home and wont embarrass yourself lol.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

Alcohol ... Empty
PostSubject: Alcohol ...   Alcohol ... EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013, 5:27 am

Who has tried alcohol after surgery?

If so, Did you have any issues?

Do you get drunk quicker?