Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
xena-warriorprincess
xena-warriorprincess

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post Op Questions... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2008, 11:11 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,

My surgery is in 7 weeks but I find some nights I cannot sleep with questions going through my head and feeling so ready to go. It's going to be a looooooong 7 weeks for me! I have some questions I would like to ask those of you who are post surgery. Hope you don't mind! :)

1 Immediately after surgery were you in pain, apart from the shoulder tip pain? What did you have to ease the pain? Was it a pump thingy (I know, great english huh?);
2 Did you have a drain? If yes, how many? Did they hurt coming out and how long were they in for?
3 Did you feel different right away after surgery? Was it evident part of your stomach had been removed, as in did it feel different?
4 Were you weighed in Hospital as you went along or did this happen later at say the Surgeon visit after the operation;
5 Were you up and walking about the first day or did it take a couple of days to get back on your feet?
6 I'm a mum of 3, with a house to keep and cats to feed and all of the standard chores a Mum does. Do you think it would be wise to stay in Hospital the full 5 days after surgery to make sure I rest? I know me and I know I won't be able to resist cleaning the house;
7 I am taking 7 weeks off work all up. This is a purely vain question but do you think my weight will have dropped a fair bit from the 110kgs I currently am and how did you handle questions around how you went about losing the weight?

Thank you so much if you have managed to make it this far. :cheers:

Best Regards.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Sep 2009, 4:45 am

Hi Lauren,

I find that De-Gas is really good for issues like this, it keeps the bowels nice and happy.
Back to top Go down
claire
claire

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 8:57 am

Hi Lauren

I am two weeks out and like Jane I go from diarrhoea to constipation, and just like you I tried prune juice, only to expereince awful stomach cramps.
I am hoping it will settle down - I will ask my doctor next week, and if he has any magic ideas I will post.

Hope it settles for you - I know how much that can hurt!

Best wishes

Claire

[url=][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKB9D6h/]
Back to top Go down
lauren_melb
lauren_melb

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 1:50 am

Hi Jane,

It is a strange thing,but i suppose our bodies are use eating about the amount of a baby,so maybe that is why we have to poo like them! :) lol i dunno....

the pain is easing up and did tell myself if it was to get any worse i'd be straight on the phone to the hospital!

i thought i might have damaged something,from maybe drinking too much...not that i have been drinking any less than when i was in hospital....but the thought does go through your mind,worse case scenario first i suppose lol.

Don't worry if i find the magic cure i shall share....lol

cya
Lauren.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 1:41 am

Hi Lauren and welcome to my club. I go from constipation to diarrhoea all the time and just can't seem to find the middle ground.

I would suggest that the pain is probably related to the prune juice and the diarrhoea and is probably windy/gripey pain. If there is no fever or other symptoms it will probably clear on it's own. Though do see your Doctor if it worsens. I'd give it another 24 hours and see how you feel.

If you manage to find the solution to the pooh problems do let me know and if I find a solution I'll be sure to post it too. A puzzling conundrum indeed!!!

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
lauren_melb
lauren_melb

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: wind   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 1:29 am

Hi everyone,

I am 10 days post op,and i have been having a tiny bit of prune just on the last 2 days as i was feeling constipated and didn't want to go down the track of taking a laxative,so i thought i'd try something natural first and see how i go!

i only had about 100ml in the morning for 2 mornings,BUT since then i have had a really bad pain in my left hand side,at first i thought something was wrong but then yesterday i had bad diarrhoea (sorry for being graphic,but i do seek advise) i pain did ease up but still is there slightly....IS THIS NORMAL :) or should i go and see my dr...?

cheers Lauren.
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Blossom

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 12:27 am

Hi Sue

I am sorry to hear that your Dad has been unwell. I hope he is now on the mend.

Good luck going back on Opti fast, I hope it gives you movement on the scales. I might even give this a go myself as I was trying TF again but not sure it agrees with me.

Take care

Cheers
Bx
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 5:37 am

Hi Blossom

Im nearly 7months out and have stalled for the last 10 weekd my own fault eating lots of comfort food my dad has been very ill and nearly lost him but he is improving every day so i will be going back on the opti for a bit probably 2 shakes a day time to get back on track for me if you feel you need to get back on track then do it you know your body noone else does good luck

Cheers Sue Post Op Questions... - Page 6 63412
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Blossom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 9:49 pm

Thanks guys. Just wasn't sure if I should try and put myself back on a diet as I find I am eating quite a bit this week.

Bx
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Blossom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 9:37 pm

Thanks guys. Just wasn't sure if I should try and put myself back on a diet as I find I am eating quite a bit this week.

Bx
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 5:25 pm

Thanks Kitty
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thecloudpainter
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 8:07 am

Yep I still have 'em from time to time and I'm 12 weeks out and 23 kilos down. I still have some chooky soup left in the box and since it's all good stuff it's sometimes handy to have in the rush between working, sorting out the kids and running a business. Plus it helps with weight stalls which happen to everyone from time to time. Waste not, want not :-)
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 5:40 am

In reply to to all three questions, no, no, & no. Nuts

I didn't have any more Opti's after the Operation. By 6 weeks I was just eating whatever went down well. But we are all different in our recoveries.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cpapestore.com
Blossom
Blossom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 1:40 am

Hi

Just wondering if anyone is following a specific diet when they are 6 weeks out? Anyone still doing Opti or TF?

Cheers Bx
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Blossom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 1:40 am

Hi

Just wondering if anyone is following a specific diet when they are 6 weeks out? Anyone still doing Opti or TF?

Cheers Bx
Back to top Go down
Blossom
Blossom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2009, 12:26 am

Hi

Cheers Bx
Back to top Go down
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2009, 8:29 am

Hi, veeeery important question !!! I had a few sips of hubbies after the first week and then could manage half a cup after about 2 weeks and then a whole cup about a month out. But everyones different of course !
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2009, 5:33 am

Coffee -
ooooh!
How soon post-op before I can have a cup?
TheCloudPainter
painting

Post Op Questions... - Page 6 Weight
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thecloudpainter
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2008, 2:59 am

Woo hooo COFFEE!!!

I have recently redisovered it too!!!

Trace xxx
Back to top Go down
Xantia
Xantia

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2008, 9:05 am

thx guys 4 ur replys but i found a solution... i tried coffee for the first time in ages today and was giddy and buzzing all day long after only 1 1/2 cups. it also went down so easily without any pain or belly bubbles.
pure bliss
Xan
Back to top Go down
http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2008, 8:40 am

I had nana naps for about 4 weeks afterwards !! Just felt so tired, thought it was the VLCD I was on all that time, had no energy or drive.
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2008, 5:32 am

Xan, I only had this on the day of the op from all the drugs I guess. Afterwards not an issue at all except for the first day home when I had a nanna nap for a couple of hours.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture
Donna-lee

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyMon 17 Nov 2008, 9:22 pm

Hi xan,

Oh yeh I was sooooo tired I felt like I would never be able to do anything again....I dont think I ever been as tired as straight after the op...But I promise you it will pass..

shadowmumma
Back to top Go down
Xantia
Xantia

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyMon 17 Nov 2008, 9:18 pm

i was sleeved last monday and am oh so tired ALL the time. I literally could be awake for an hour then go back to sleep for another couple of hours. This lasts all day plus im getting around 12 hours sleep at night too (waking only to have a drink).

did anyone else experiance this?
Post Op Questions... - Page 6 19756
Xan
Back to top Go down
http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 4:21 am

I did optifast for 12 weeks my husband for 14 weeks and to be honest it was easy after the first week. the hunger just went away. Your body goes into ketosis. The first 4 days are the hardest, nightmare time. After that you only have to deal with head hunger no physical hunger so to speak. But the reality is you can not live on it for life and the minute you start eating again wham you are hungry again. Break it for any reason and back comes the hunger. It ONLY works like that if you do the 3 shakes a day. You are plan crazy doing 2 shakes and a meal that is just asking to starve and feel horrible.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Magic Princess
Part of the furniture
Magic Princess

Female
Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 2:49 am

Sorry Peter my bad, you're right. It was Optislim 2000 I was on. I hope I didn't confuse you Annden.
Back to top Go down
Peter1969
Part of the furniture
Peter1969

Male

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Nov 2008, 1:36 am

Annden, don't confuse Optislim and Optifast, they are made by different companies.

Optifast is a product of Nestlé Nutrition, and Optislim is made in Australia by OptiPharm.

In the OptiPharm range, I think only the Optislim2000 is a VLCD product the others are not a complete meal replacement.

Peter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Op Questions...   Post Op Questions... - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Op Questions...
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next