Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fear of failure - questions questions questions!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Fear of failure - questions questions questions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear of failure - questions questions questions!   Fear of failure - questions questions questions! EmptyWed 19 Aug 2009, 12:31 pm

I could never eat healthy before I had my sleeve, I would eat some veges, but would pile on 4 or 5 sausages and sprinkle salt over it, then have a milkshake and perhaps some desert later on.

Now I have my sleeve there is something that has clicked inside me, I make the right choices more often, I can see the weight coming off and it spurs me on.

And when I do have something unhealthy, its never a big blow out because I simply can't eat as much as I used to.
Back to top Go down
claire
claire

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: gosh - how can it be...   Fear of failure - questions questions questions! EmptyWed 19 Aug 2009, 10:45 am

I can't tell you the sense of support and peace i walk away with after reading your responses.
You are all kind and wise, and I am so glad to have searched this site out.
Thank you all.
I am heading into Opti week 1 next Monday and am actually feeling very keen to get going.
A new path lies ahead, and as I have said before, nothing can be as difficult as remaining at this weight.

Will log on to share the more emotional roller rides with you all!

for now goodnight
Fear of failure - questions questions questions! 65317

Fear of failure - questions questions questions! S-weight
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Fear of failure - questions questions questions!   Fear of failure - questions questions questions! EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 1:55 pm

Hi Claire,

I think there is another thread with recent activity in here somewhere thats all about 2b's fearing they are going to be 'the one' that the sleeve fails for.....cant remember what it called sorry.....someone else might help out with where to find it though.

But sweetheart.....if you help the sleeve do its job.....then you wont fail

You are not going to deliberately sabotage the sleeve
so you are not going to fail.....
you will be wildly successful
and skinniliciousness & good health & a brand new sense of joy
& a brand new life await you....

you are not going to slurp on McDonalds thickshakes all day long
or eat huge bars of chocolate every day
or down 1/2 a pizza with the other 1/2 for breakfast
you wont binge on icecream
and you wont eat 3 slices of cake in a row
you wont eat a dinner serving the size of 6 hairy truck drivers from Arkansas
and you wont wolf down a bucket of finger lickin Kant Farkn Cook
followed by a gallon of coke...............

you know why ?
cos the sleeve wont let you

and better still......you just wont want to

some of us feel nauseous (i certainly do) if we eat too much sweet delights post sleeve
and most of us feel nauseous & have to upchuck or at the very least feel
very uncomfortable if we eat too much
im 5 months post op & am eating about 6-7 1/2 cup meals per day
a tspoon or two more than 1/2 cup & i feel overstuffed & downright uncomfortable

most of us get signs given to us by our new bestest buddy the sleeve
that we are full....& thats when we have to stop eating.....
(see the 2nd line of the above paragraph for the downside of not stopping ! - lol
runny nose &/or hiccups are quite common signs
which is why its important to eat slowly & rest between swallows
gives our bodies time to react & talk to us

yeppers....the sleeve is a tool & not a magic eraser
we still have to modify our eating behaviours a tad
but nothing you cant take in your stride
and overcome relatively easy...

head hunger is the main challenge
learning to listen to our tummy telling us we should eat
and not our heads telling us we need to eat\is a nit of a trick
but you soon learn how

Anyway....you can tell im tired
im writing without stopping ! lol
So slap that Devil off your shoulder
& know you will be fine fine fine
honestly !

hugs
Bella..xx
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Fear of failure - questions questions questions!   Fear of failure - questions questions questions! EmptyMon 17 Aug 2009, 12:26 pm

Hi Claire.

I know exactly how you feel. Having had nothing but trouble with the band I felt like the world's biggest no hoper. I have had the sleeve and it is a completely different experience. All for the better.

I have lost 12 kilos in 3 months....and while this is not a huge amount compared to others I have taken into account the fact that I was restricted with the band for 6 years until I had it removed in January 2009. Some of us have found that we have a slower loss post band but it is still a loss. I hope to lose all my excess weight in time and be slim and healthy. It may be a hard journey but I fully plan to get there.

It is easy to eat the wrong foods but you just can't fit a huge amount in. Grazing on rubbish all day would totally sabotage your weight loss but if you're in the majority your hunger hormone will be removed and hunger will not be a problem. I find now with exercise I crave healthy foods not rubbish.

Have faith in yourself and go for it. You have nothing to lose but your weight.

Hope this has helped a bit.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
claire
claire

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Fear of failure - questions questions questions!   Fear of failure - questions questions questions! EmptySun 16 Aug 2009, 11:54 am

Hi all

Have my surgery date booked for September 7 and am counting down the days to Optifast and surgery with excitement and some trepidation.

Most of questions have been answered in their entirety by the posts on this fab website, but having lived with a band for ten years, failing, removal and a weight that creeps and creeps, I wonder, does anyone "fail" post sleeve.
What are the pitfalls if any? The obvious ones /I know, leak, abscess etc. but what about the subtle manipulations of one's diet? I am hoping to be as phenomenally successful as the postees I read daily, but I have this nagging devil on my shoulder, whispering in my ear (in fact most of the time laughing) and telling me that it would not matter what I did I would fail to lose weight.
Is there anyone else out there who has this nagging sense of self sabotage and failure? and if so, do you have any advice? I am very grateful for the support and guidance you have all given to date, and as I head into surgery I want to smack that devil into next week so that I don't have to listen to him anymore!!

Thanks

Claire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear of failure - questions questions questions!   Fear of failure - questions questions questions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fear of failure - questions questions questions!
Page 1 of 1