AuthorMessage
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptySat 09 May 2009, 4:10 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm starting this thread for all of us who suffer from insomnia.

It's a place to whinge and moan about not getting enough sleep.

It's also a place to suggest solutions, try new things and post about how they worked.

It's probably one of the worst clubs to belong too, as any seasoned insomniac will tell you, but we need to stick together to try and beat this torturous condition. And it is the worst form of torture if you suffer from it every night. Nothing on earth beats a good, restoring night's sleep. And as they have proven over the last couple of years, good sleep aids in weight loss. So this thread has an important relationship to what we are all trying to achieve.

So I'm the first member. Come and join in if you feel the need. But I will be very glad for you if you don't feel the need. You're very lucky.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Deb
Sponsor

Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 2:23 am

Good for you Chris. Hope it continues!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 12:27 am

Hi everyone
Well, I've had two pretty good nights the last couple, and feel the best I have for ages!
I'm not sure exactly why, but there are a few things I've been doing which I think have impacted on my sleep. They are:
Regular chiropractic - getting everything back to where it should be has helped my back enormously
Not using my arm much - the shoulder injury was terribly painful, but when I was sick last week I didn't do much, and that seems to have helped cut back on the pain
Taking my anti-depressants and menopause supplement at night instead of in the morning - I changed them over to see if it would make a difference, and the next night I slept much better. Then a couple of bad nights, then two good ones - the best record for me in ages!
Not sure if this will help anyone else, but thought I'd share, just in case...
Hugs to all
Chris
PS Sue - if I get 5 hours straight, I count it as a good night; I just can't imagine getting 8 hours straight!!! Best of luck, though.
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 12:05 am

Another night with only 2 hours sleep it getting real annoying oh wwat i would give for a full 8hours sleep

Cheers Sue Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 63412
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyThu 02 Jul 2009, 5:00 am

Yeah thanks Chris i fianally got to sleep at 1.30am woke 5 times during the night and up to go look after the grandkids at 7

i need some descent sleep driving me crazy

Cheers Sue
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 9:25 pm

Hi Sue
Well I was up twice last night, and after a late night too, and a really bad sleep the night before, so I'm with you!
Sorry you're having such a bad time.
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 01 Jul 2009, 4:45 pm

Glad everyone seems to be sleeping well its a bit lonely on here of late im still up at least twice anight lately sometimes up to 5 times a night really getting to me i would so like a descent unbroken sleep

Really happy for the rest of you being able to sleep better hope it continues for you all

Cheers Sue Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 63469 Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 19756
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:04 am

Yes, Jez, a bad combo - I know exactly what you mean! What is it about not sleeping that makes you crave your drug of choice even more? Caffeine, nicotine, any other eens?
FG, glad it's a little better - and know that in a week or two, you won't know yourself!
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2009, 10:17 pm

Five am and I'm still up, and out of smokes - bad combination!
Just wanted to say that Chris, I'm really glad to hear your sleep's going a bit better. Fatgeek, I hope you're feeling better soon - and cats make great hot water bottles, don't they? I've got one on my lap at the moment, and it's the only warm part of me!
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2009, 9:22 pm

Hi Chris,

The pain is still there but not so bad that with the aim of a heat pack and a cat I can't sleep through it.

Take care of yourself with that cold. Fluids, rest, paracetamol (rinse and repeat).
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Jun 2009, 8:13 pm

Hi everyone
FG, how are you feeling now? Hopefully that wind pain has abated by now.
Since I've been taking the menopause supplement, my sleep has improved. I wouldn't say I'm getting good nights, but compared to what they were before, they ARE good!
Tonight, though, I've been up and down heaps due to a lurgy and trouble breathing. Nothing serious, just blocked & runny nose - how does your body manage to do both together anyway? LOL
Hope the rest of you are snoring!
Chris
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Jun 2009, 4:56 pm

I'm glad to see everyone has been having a god nights sleep recently.

I've counted and there are over 20 glowing lights in my living room - all saying to me "I'm in standby why can't you be too".

I have major should tip pain. I've been taking degas to no avail (or perhaps it would be worse if I hadn't) but it I lie down it becomes intolerable unless I have some serious heat on it. I've got a heat pack but I wake up boiling (if I sleep at all).

Moan whinge gripe etc.

Thank heavens for threads like the one year anniversaries that show that time is what I need. It really helps, even if I know this could take a week or more to clear, I know it will go away.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 1:21 am

Hi Ricie. Sorry to see you've joined the club because it is a club that sucks it big time.

Can I put my hand up for some housework? Plenty to do whenever you need to fill in time.

Jezzybel why not get your next lot of melatonin from the place I get mine. A lot cheaper and I noticed that an Australian had commented that they were just as good if not better than the compounded ones he had paid heaps for. Just PM me if you want the address and brand name. Only a suggestion, please don't feel I'm forcing you. (Sorry but I feel the need for some reason to post a disclaimer everytime I say something now. LOL.)

I hope everyone else gets a good night tonight. I've been having trouble falling asleep again and I am trying to find just the right time to take my melatonin for optimum results. Taking them earlier hasn't helped so I'll just have to try something else tonight.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 12:16 am

well, I have taken in four pair of PJ's done a basketful or ironing and folded all the washing. So there we go, no point in sulking I cant sleep now I have done all that. I'm just thinking maybe I should go and lay the mulch and sweep the leaves up but think it would be better to try and sleep now since it's only 715am so if I wakr at around midday it hopefully wont mess me around tonight. Things can only get better...
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:22 pm

Hi BB
Thanks heaps! I made the pic small and took a lot of my photos off because I didn't want to use up too much space, especially since there are so many of us now!
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:17 pm

hey Chris, you look amazing in your picture but it is very small to view! can you reload it and make the pixels bigger?
well done x
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:10 pm

Sorry you guys joined me in my sleeplessness.
I went back to bed after an hour or so and slept a couple of hours more, which was good.
Chris
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:55 pm

good morning ladies, well i'm certainly back in the club after 4 weeks of nearly normal sleep. 'sigh'

up since 3am, on e-bay, buying things i probably won't want next week. lol.

hope tomorrow night works better for you ricey

love to all
tracey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:32 pm

I'm up at 3am and not happy about it. 3rd night in a row since my tablets were changed again. I am so drowsy by 9pm, i take them at around 730pm but force myself to stay awake till around 1030pm and then I wake up at this time feeling so bright and it's really frustrating me..

I'm going to take them at 10pm tonight instead and see what happens. Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 697586 Thats what I used to do before the surgery and the tablet changes.

Right, I'm off to fold the washing...anyone need housework doing? LOL
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 6:54 pm

Still up, bored and headachey. Boo. Out of melatonin again - double boo! Hope everyone else is snoozing x
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 6:35 pm

Hey Sue
Hope you're snoozing again. I'm up, but only for the first time!
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 5:08 pm

Had a rotten sleep last night hope you sleep is better for you tonight

Cheers Sue Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 65317
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2009, 3:37 am

Oh, Sue, I was up an hour before you, for the second time, but didn't get back to sleep.
Glad you had a good night, though.
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2009, 2:26 am

Had the best nights sleep last night i didnt wake until 5.45am then i went back to sleep till 7 wonderful hope everyone else had a good night

Cheers Sue Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 487524
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 8:32 am

If exercise has anything to do with it Bushgirl you'll sleep like a log!!

Sending truckloads of sandman sand everyone's way tonight.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 8:29 am

I had the crapest night ever...

I last looked at the clock at 330am, and had to get up at 7am- first day back at work... got up at 7, had my brealfast, and some liquids, went to the gym for my 30 min of "no sweat workout" (cant wait to get back properly) and came home for a shower and a snack, and walked to work. stopped for a coffee for my mum on the way to work, and got in about ten to 11. (i do love working for the parents! especially if the boss man is away) and i took my mum out for lunch, and had 2 thirds of a melt with chicken avo asparagus and cheese on 1 slice of toast. very proud of myself! worked until 4pm, and gave ourselves an earlymark, and did grocery shopping on the way home. im buggered and I cant wait for 930!! very proud about getting 30 min at the gym, 20 min walk to work and a walk down the main street for lunch! hopefully I wore myself out....
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 6:21 am

Sorry the sleep fairy isn't sprinkling you with sleep dust any more. I'll send her a strongly worded email! That should do the trick.

Enjoy the nana nap.

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next