AuthorMessage
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptySat 09 May 2009, 4:10 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm starting this thread for all of us who suffer from insomnia.

It's a place to whinge and moan about not getting enough sleep.

It's also a place to suggest solutions, try new things and post about how they worked.

It's probably one of the worst clubs to belong too, as any seasoned insomniac will tell you, but we need to stick together to try and beat this torturous condition. And it is the worst form of torture if you suffer from it every night. Nothing on earth beats a good, restoring night's sleep. And as they have proven over the last couple of years, good sleep aids in weight loss. So this thread has an important relationship to what we are all trying to achieve.

So I'm the first member. Come and join in if you feel the need. But I will be very glad for you if you don't feel the need. You're very lucky.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
tracey
Sponsor

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 6:57 pm

Nup, no sleep. was too busy yesterday to sneak a nanny nap and crashed exhausted at 8.30pm. daughter and grandson got home at 10.30pm (they had been out to dinner) and of course jumped into my bed to tell me all about it!!! uuugggghhhh!!!

finally gave up trying to get back to sleep an hour ago and got up to do some office work and pay some bills....but even netbank is asleep!!!
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 10:10 am

Thanks Jezzy.

I had a nice but full day. Buggered totally now. Hope the increased dose works. In fact I might take it early so it kicks in. Off upstairs to get it now.

Hope you, Chris and Tracey have a good night as well. Fingers and toes.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 7:48 am

That conjures up a pretty amusing mental image, Chris! Had a rotten night, so keeping it low-key today. Good luck with increasing the dose tonight Janey, and I hope you had a nice day of pampering.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 7:46 am

I like a snuggle too - especially when my feet are cold!

He he
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 6:45 am

Oooh, yes, I like to snuggle! It's a bit hard sometimes though, especially when we're both using our CPAPs!!!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 6:02 am

Mine used to complain too so I chucked him out. I was glad to get rid of the chain saw snoring as well.

Sounds like you like to have your hubby in bed with you. Good for you. It makes me believe in romance. Keep the flag flying.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 5:15 am

Thanks, Janey. I used to have a fan on when I suffered from heat all the time, but the problem was that it always made hubby freeze! I'd hate to have to do that to him again, if I don't have to. And don't worry - if it gets too bad, I will resort to HRT, but for now I can cope.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 12:51 am

Morning Ladies,

I had a crap night as well about 2 hours I think. Eyes are red and sore this morning.

Yes Tracey I'm off to the hair/nails today so I might just zone out. Hard to do at the salon I go to as we always have a really good time. The gorgeous, little gay dude is doing my hair today and he's a hoot.

Chris I did HRT for 2 years and it was a blessing. Didn't want to try natural remedies because I saw my cousin suffer through this for years as she was dead set against HRT. I figure we're all going to die sometime and I plan on being comfortable in the here and now. I'm off them now though and I'm in full blown menopause but coping OK. Not helping the insomnia though.

I sleep with a fan on me even when it's cold. I cover up and I find this stops the night sweats. Try it and see. It's a bit odd having it on when the weather is cold but it works a treat.

OK girls I'm off now to do my fasting bloods - it didn't help not to be able to eat from midnight - and then the salon.

Talk to you later.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 9:05 pm

Good morning, Tracey.
Sorry you've had such a bad night. I hope that you can get a snooze during the day - something that I can never manage!
Yes, makes perfect sense about being harder to handle the insomnia. I'll be interested to hear how the Remifemin goes, especially since I have the same issues with meds. Of course it will be different for everyone, but I don't want to go down the road of trying lots of different stuff if I can possibly help it - still take far too many pills to be bothered with that.
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 8:52 pm

good morning ladies, hope you all zzzzing. another crap night for me....all up about 4 hours of broken sleep. hubby staying out in blackwater for one more night so i might just crawl up with a book for the day. (i'm sure he has an inner alarm bell that senses 'danger! danger!') obviously feels that his machines will give him less strife. LOL

went shopping on e-bay and picked up some cheap bras and two pairs of stretch jeans for myself and of course, a cool billabong hoodie and pumpkin patch duds for jayden. they were all real bargains but sleeping would be so much easier on the budget!

yes thankgod for the internet and foxtel. i love mystar...i record programs during the day and save them for when i can't sleep.

janey, is today hair and nails? enjoy whatever pampering you have in store. my daughter came to hospital the day after surgery and washed my hair for me. still hooked up to most things, i just leaned back in plastic chair (she bought a cape up) and she used the handheld shower nozzle. it was heaven. maybe you could line your daughter up to do the same?

jezzy, hope you managed to snuggle down at your mums and enjoy the snoreless night!

chris, i am in the throes of peri menapause and while the insomnia hasn't got worse, it is much harder to bear. (does that make sense? ) i have just started taking Remifemin, a natural remedy that was recommended to my friend by her gp, as it doesn't interfere with other meds including asma and anti depressants....will be a few weeks yet before i can say how good they are but like you i will be trying to avoid HRT.

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 8:36 pm

Good morning, everyone
Hope you eventually got some sleep, Janey.
I was up and down all night, but until 4ish kept going back to sleep. Then I lay in the bed hoping for nearly an hour, and finally gave up.
Menopausal night sweats don't help, and the insomnia could also be related to menopause as it's worse than it's ever been now. I don't want to do HRT, but if anyone has had any success with any natural remedies, I'd be keen to hear about it.
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 5:02 pm

Well it's midnight and here I am. I only took one tablet tonight as I have to get up early and didn't want to be groggy. I was nice and comfy but just couldn't drop off.

I am taking 3 tomorrow night and I'll see how I go.

I agree with you Jezzy. Thank God for the internet and foxtel.

Hope everyone is having a better night than me.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 3:31 pm

Janey, I've got my fingers tightly crossed for you - well, for me too, cause if yours work then I can save myself a lot of money! And no, I have not been putting capsules up my butt. Although my painkillers have me so blocked up it might not be long now... I hope everyone gets a good sleep and sweet dreams. I'm at my mum's tonight, so I've got a strange bed / house and no snoring teddy bear / fiancé next to me working in my disfavour. Like I need any help to get no sleep... I can't imagine what insomniacs did with themselves before the internet (actually, I remember what I did - I prayed Rage was on). Good luck!
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 6:30 am

thanks janey and chris, jayden is asleep now and i am surely tempted to crawl in with him and steal that damm bot!

janey, i am waiting to see how those new tablets go, and may order some myself.

hubby is home again tommorrow so if i don't get some sleep tonight there just might be tantrums! Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 68366

cheers girls
tracey
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 6:13 am

Let's hope so Chris. Sending sleepy wishes your way Trace. I will be mentally preparing your bot, bot and wiping your tushie.

I got my Melatonin tabs today. They are homeopathic so the instructions say to dissolve under the tongue. They are miles bigger than normal homeopathic tabs which are usually smaller than tictacs. These are normal size pills so I'm going to swallow them instead.

I suppose this will OK as Jezzy's are in capsule form and she swallows hers - I'm presuming this as the only other place you could shove a capsule would be up the porthole! - so as they are pure melatonin too it shouldn't matter.

I'm just going to take one, although up to 3 is recommended, and see how I go. Can't afford to be groggy tomorrow as it's an early start on a big day.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 5:16 am

Fantastic, Janey - must be Tracey's turn tonight!
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 3:25 am

Great news Chris.

I actually went to bed at about 4pm yesterday as I was just exhausted. Waited until the kids got home and told them Dad was in charge of food for the night. Thank God there's take away. Decided to help it along with 3 Mersyndol and a Stilnox. Was still awake at about 6pm so got up and ate something and then straight back to bed. Woke at 9am this morning. Woohoo.

I'm still very fuzzy headed and out of it but I got some sleep. Nothing important today except my blood tests but I'll take those tomorrow. I do have a parent/teached interview but intend to push this onto hubby. He can take up the slack.

So apart from poor Tracey, looks like a good night.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 12:27 am

That's for sure! I even have energy today, which is a nice change.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 10:30 pm

Great news Chris.

You must feel so much better.

Caz
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 9:33 pm

Good morning, everyone.
Well, I had the best sleep I've had in ages last night - got up 3 times but went straight back to sleep, and finally woke for good around 6.15. Yay!
Sorry, no magic cures - I think it must have been sheer exhaustion. I did have codeine and restavit last night, but that's nothing new.
Hope others had a good night, too.
Chris
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 6:16 pm

janey you have a star!!!! wooohooo
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 6:14 pm

its morning again girls. i crashed just before 11pm but now its time for me to start stalking the halls armed with my cup of peppermint tea. makes me wonder who or what i was in my previous life! LOL

hope you are all sleeping
tracey
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 12:05 pm

Hi Koonta.

Welcome aboard the wide awake thread. Interesting news about the drops. They'll be worth looking into.

See we're only 2 days old and getting some positive ideas already so thats great. Just what we need.

Hugs and best wishes for a peaceful,restoring sleep tonight for all of us.
Back to top Go down
koontakintay_1

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 11:32 am

Hi Janey and fellow Insomniacs,

Unfortunately I also belong to the club and have done so for about 15 years. You are so right with regards to the connection between poor sleep and obesity, the researchers know that it increases ghrelin production which may explain why after being sleeved I still do get very hungry .... but atleast now a little bit of food fills me up.

I went to the sleep clinic and was formerly diagnosed with Insomnia and Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome, where essentially your body clock is out of whack. This is why I have terrible trouble falling asleep at a reasonable hour (before midnight). Dr prescribed me Sublingual Melatonin drops that I get made up at the local Compounding Chemist. Apparently the sublingual ones are absorbed very quickly through the mouth (you put the drops under your tongue for about 2 minutes a couple of hours before going to sleep). They do help and I really notice it if I forget to take them.

I also suffer with fibromyalgia and was tried on various anti-depressants as they were supposed to help with the sleep but for me they didnt work. I tried Endep and Zoloft. One of the key features of fibromyalgia is disturbed sleep. I exercise 5 times a week and have tried all the sleeping tablets but none of them semm to work. The only thing that remotely works to relax me and mearly put me to sleep is when i go to the dentist and get on the gas (have thought about asking whether I can get a cylinder at home LOL) or going under anaesthetic !!!

Stilnox did nothing, even strong prescription painkillers dont put me to sleep. If I have had quite a few really bad nights sleep I turn to 3 x 25mg phenergan tablets and they usually get me off to sleep, although I do feel severely hung over the next day !

I sympathise with everyone on here, insomnia sucks !!!

But give the melatonin drops a go, you will need a script for Melatonin Drops 4MG/0.2ML

Koonta
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 8:04 am

Thanks so much for getting back to me Jezzy.

They should arrive tomorrow so I'll see how they go. Definitely a price difference but maybe you are right about the dilution. I'm not adverse to chucking an extra couple down. Anyway you never know until you try do you?

Thanks once again you're a gem.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 7:25 am

Janey, my man's always raring to run around after "snuggle time" - I'm the one that wants to roll over and go to sleep! Tee hee. Although I'm usually sleep deprived, and he's one of those horrible people who drifts off in 3 minutes flat. On about the fourth night of no sleep for me, I'm always ready to strangle him - his snoring sounds like it's mocking me...
Janey, my melatonin capsules are 5mg. You can go up in dosage if you have no luck with those ones. I looked into some homeopathic ones online too, because I was worried about the cost of these ones (you need a compounding pharmacy - my nearest one is Maylands or Floreat - and I got 90 tablets for about $60). Apparently the homeopathic ones are diluted, so there may not be as much actual melatonin in a 5mg one as a 5mg pharmacy one, if that makes sense - but the ones you found are much cheaper, so definitely worth a try. Maybe just try the recommended dose the first night, and up it as needed - that's usually my method. I hope it helps you out! Golden Glow sounds kind of sexual...
I've taken Edronax as well - not only did I feel like shit, it didn't help my depression. I think the most Seroquel I've taken in one hit was about 2400mgs, which knocked me out for 14 hours and that was it! Argh! Glad to be off that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next