AuthorMessage
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Trying to join the club Empty
PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Trying to join the club EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:53 pm

There you go, the sleeve may still be possible. I was sleeved 7 1/2 months ago and have lost 39 kg. I have been struggling with my weight most of my life. I have not looked back since the op.
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Trying to join the club EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:51 pm

Hello and welcome, you have found a good place to be. The othere alternative is the bypass if there is not enough stomach. There is a thread related to this. Hpe to hear from you soon and maybe even catch you on chat.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Trying to join the club   Trying to join the club EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I had my sleeve done 18 months ago (permanent, not revisible, just how I want it).
I am 58 this year and after being overweight all my life. I am now fit, healthy and happy with my life. I love my sleeve.

I have had no problems what so ever.

I had a hiatus hernia for 10 years.
The surgeon repaired my very large hernia before I was sleeved.
So in theatre for nearly 3 hours.
This made no difference to my recovery, everything went as planned.

Good luck with your journey.

Trying to join the club 217555 Trying to join the club 217555
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Trying to join the club   Trying to join the club EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:33 pm

Hi,
Welcome, and good luck with your journey an your questions. You have found the right place for questions and answers and support. I am also abut your age (I'm 61) so I understand what it is to struggle a life time with weight issues, many of the folk here are much younger, sometime I I'm envious that I didn't have this available when I was younger, but then the technology wasn't available then ... so better late than never.
It will be good to keep up with your progress.
cheers
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
Pasteur

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Trying to join the club   Trying to join the club EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

This is my first post. I have been reading the forums on surgical weight loss for some time and I'm pretty excited about the possibilities. My BMI is just over 38, but it's been climbing steadily for many years, despite diets. Because I'm approaching 60 I feel I need to do something fairly soon. I looked into Gastric Sleeve Plication (it's reversible) but it's pretty new so I'm thinking that VSG is the way to go. I have identified several doctors in Mexico that I would be comfortable with and had a nice conversation with one of the co-coordinators today. Unfortunately, I have a condition that seems to be a problem. I had surgery for a Hiatus Hernia in 1996 and that probably means there isn't enough stomach material at the top. Too risky. She will ask the surgeon what information could be gathered to assess the risk properly. Has anyone in this forum had VSG after a Hiatus Hernia operation? Is there any hope for me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to join the club   Trying to join the club Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to join the club
Page 1 of 1