Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 2:55 am

Hi there
I am bit of an insomniac too. I go through phases with it though. I go for a month or two having trouble getting to sleep and getting up in the middle of the night. Then something happens (don't know what) and I sleep pretty well for a month or so. Seems to be a cycle. Maybe stress has something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:54 pm

Good luck - I know from experience that I'm up for the rest of the night now, but am hoping for a nanna nap later on...
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:52 pm

Thanks Chris, I should go and retry to enter the land of nod....
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:51 pm

Thanks, Fishy.
Sorry to hear yours is such a long-term thing.
I used to sleep so well when I was young - oh, for those days again!
Yes, 5 hours is a great night's sleep for me these days, so pretty happy with that. Of course it's still nowhere near enough, but it's a wonderful thing anyway!
Going off the site now, but good luck on getting some more zzzz's tonight (this morning).
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:44 pm

Yeah, hopefully will improve. I have a history of bad sleep patterns, so stress and 'stuff' on my mind just makes them worse.
Well done on getting 5 hours straight, must feel good after so many nights with less.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:37 pm

Hi, and welcome! Sorry you've had to join the club, but at least it's because there are things on your mind. As you work through them, I hope your sleep improves. I've just had 5 hours straight, which is a record for me over the last several weeks!
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 4:34 pm

Think I can join this club at the moment, just have so much on my mind... work... holidays... surgery... family 'stuff' - arggghhhh!!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 2:58 am

Yeah, I had really bad sleep apnea when I was big, but now if it's still there (haven't been tested again) it's definitely only mild - can tell by the way I feel when I wake.
The insomnia's definitely different, and also definitely the worst I've ever had, I'm currently menopausal - however went on HRT which was supposed to help and hasn't.
Drugs sometimes help and sometimes don't...
And don't worry about having a whinge on this thread - that's why we started it!
See you in the middle of the night (I'm feeling okay right now, as I got 3 hours overnight and another 3 just now - the most I've had in weeks!)
Back to top Go down
Vronnie
Part of the furniture
Vronnie

Female
Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 1:22 am

Hi Joy

No I haven't been tested & the thought of being hooked up to one of those machines makes my skin crawl! But it's a real possibility as I do snore these days...so unsexy!

I almost hope it is sleep apnea since people are supposed to gain immense improvements with weight loss....something else to look forward to..

Cheers

Vronnie
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 1:12 am

Vronnie have you been tested for sleep apnea? I was tested and they found out that my REM sleep (around 4am) was interrupted 72 times an hour with me not breathing. Oxygen desaturation thing was around 62%. Which is apparently extremely low. I would wake up and be groggy all day.

Positive side effect of losing weight means this seems to be improving!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
Vronnie
Part of the furniture
Vronnie

Female
Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyMon 07 Mar 2011, 12:48 am

Hi

I see no-ones used this thread for a while but since I'm a chronic insomniac I thought I'd join the club. Funny how we're all around a certain age isn't it. It's been a very long term problem for me & I think maybe it's hormonal.

I take ages to go to sleep, doesn't matter how tired I am & typically wake at 3am(think maybe 2-3 hrs sleep) , sometimes I can get back to sleep by 5am other times that's when my day starts.

I've tried everything even given up coffee & tea & I don't drink Coke.

The things that help me sleep are;

Mindblowing sex....must be the relaxation, bit scarce since I've been so chubby hoping to see it's return soon

Pot & a biscuit/chocolate binge....must be the drop in blood sugar, almost pass out....now a thing of the past

Antihistamine works really well if I haven't been taking them regularly. Haven't taken 1 for a week so might give it a go tonight.

Sleep is so restorative & I need to keep healing up...

my whinge is over

Vronnie
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 3:10 am

bah humbug! LOL
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyFri 04 Mar 2011, 1:04 am

Yah i got 5 hours of sleep a bit broken at times but 5 hours

hugs sue
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 4:23 pm

I thought you were going to get more after the meds when you got home? Bugger! Oh well, nighty night - again - and good luck to us both!
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 4:22 pm

Yeah i was up at 3.30 this morning to take mum to airport went had a doze wen i got back but then had the grankids to look after and take the eldest to school
so im gunna go try sleep now got to dfo the grankids again in the morning wish me luck
good luck to you to

nite nite Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club 276367
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 4:20 pm

I was up at 2.30 am yesterday, and didn't sleep again until about 10pm, and up again around 2 this morning.
Will also try to get more, but am so wide awake that I don't think I'll be too successful.
Hope the pain's manageable for you right now.
Good luck with the sandman - maybe I'd best offer him better treats for success???
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

Havent been back to sleep yet since this morning will try head that way soon and pray for some sleep lol
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 4:14 pm

Hi Sue!
Nice to 'see' you up while I am! LOL
Been awake long? I've been 'up' for nearly an hour and a half now...
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

Im here to oh wat fun it is to be part of this group lol Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club 314562
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 4:05 pm

yes, me!!!!!!!!!!ARHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 3:58 pm

Hello - anybody out there???
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 23 Sep 2010, 8:22 pm

oh, i hear you, sue - the weather here is 'cold, with frequent hot flushes'
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyThu 23 Sep 2010, 2:04 pm

Sleep wats that im lucky to get 3 to 4 hours sleep a night and now with the hot flushes returning
its even more fun lol

hugs
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 11:11 pm

I was....but was reading...

Am deinitely sleeping less than I used to....of course compounded at the moment by jetlag...

S
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 10:35 pm

I wasn't, but I woke up at 5 am!!!

So I came to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next