AuthorMessage
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySat 09 May 2009, 4:10 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm starting this thread for all of us who suffer from insomnia.

It's a place to whinge and moan about not getting enough sleep.

It's also a place to suggest solutions, try new things and post about how they worked.

It's probably one of the worst clubs to belong too, as any seasoned insomniac will tell you, but we need to stick together to try and beat this torturous condition. And it is the worst form of torture if you suffer from it every night. Nothing on earth beats a good, restoring night's sleep. And as they have proven over the last couple of years, good sleep aids in weight loss. So this thread has an important relationship to what we are all trying to achieve.

So I'm the first member. Come and join in if you feel the need. But I will be very glad for you if you don't feel the need. You're very lucky.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Caz
Sponsor

Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 10:35 pm

I wasn't, but I woke up at 5 am!!!

So I came to work.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Sep 2010, 5:56 pm

After our talk on another thread about not sleeping well, and being up for hours this morning, I've decided to resurrect this thread.
Anyone else awake right now?
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Oct 2009, 10:40 am

Thanks, Caz. Feeling lots better today, but will have 2 restavit tonight to try and get some real sleep - wish me luck!
And good luck to all the other insomniacs, too - I wish you much unconsciousness!
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 10:55 pm

Moan away Chris.

Lack of sleep + unwellness = feeling crap!!!

Get better

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 10:37 pm

Hi everyone
I had a better night last night, but not really - iykwim. I did sleep more hours, but not well. I'm sick too at the moment, and that's not helping - have had fevers and sweats all night. Moan, moan, moan...
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 5:53 pm

Well ive tried to sleep but no luck il try again soon at least i got a good sleep last night and the night before but that was taking a few serapax and i dont want to do that everynight
Once a few years ago i came upon a lavander oil made by goanna and it really helped me with my migraines and to sleep at times but havent been able to find it for along time if anyone hears about it could they let me know cause i would like to try it again il try anything but i dont want to have to keep taking high doses of sleepers it really gets to me at times that i have to depend on them to try to sleep ive been on and off them since i was 19 it would be nice not to take anything and be able to sleep but maybe thats just a pipe dream

Oh well thats my whinge gunna go try again Hope everyone else has had a good nights sleep

Hugs Sue Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 19756
Back to top Go down
sleeve-please

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 4:41 pm

I'm pleased to see that it seems like everyone is lucky enough to be sleeping in this wee hour (except me of course).
Oh well I am going to go to bed (I haven't actually been yet) and listen to the radio and see if I can drift off...sweet dreams all!!!
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 5:16 am

so sorry last night was worse why was that? Well i had two serapax i got 6hours sleep bliss and i did it fri night got 7hours sleep but im going back to normal again tonight dont want to have that much everynight but really neeed to sleep with being ill at the moment i need the sleep hopefully tonight will be better for you Chris

Hugs Sue
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 9:01 pm

Hey, Linda. Yep, that's why. And last night was worse than most. Hope you get a good sleep when you get home.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 8:45 pm

I wondered why you were often on early am chrisbychic.......i work nights and I have the laptop next to my work computer and when it's quiet I cruise and read the forums!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 7:29 pm

Hi Sue and Kat
Welcome to the club, Kat! Kind of, anyway...wish you weren't here, as then you would be able to sleep!
Sue, I'm glad that sitting up helped some - maybe you can try it without the kids now? LOL
Yes, menopausal here too - and the natural supplements I'm taking that were helping so much seem to have lost their effectiveness. What to do, what to do...oh, and a sinus infection doesn't help much either.
Back to bed? Hmmm, we'll see...
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 1:16 am

Hi everybody!!

I wouldn't mind insomnia so much if you just didn't get as much sleep and didn't get tired later in the day (especially when the kids are home from school rearranging the house...).

At least now, I log into this forum in the wee hours and see what everyone else has been up to, one way to do something quietly without disturbing the family.

cheers
Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 19756
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 1:06 am

Thanks Chris I was up at 3 as well had been awake since 2 coughing had enough went had a smoke hardly coughed

So i thought the same as you but i had the kids asleep in the lounge room so i just added a couple of extra pillows to sit more upright and i slept then till 5 so thats a bit better oh and of course i got woken from James (3) kicking me in the head and chest while he slept with his nana so i shoved and extra blanket between us

Sorry to hear you are havin a bad time as well it so sucks doesnt it and being peri menopausal doesnt help either

Hugs Sue
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 7:35 pm

Hey Sue - do you have a recliner chair? Sometimes it's good to sleep in one of those, half sitting up, when you have a chest problem. Hope you did better tonight - I've been up since 3.30 and going to try again soon...
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 2:05 pm

Well i was up at 3 this morning couldnt get back to sleep im buggered now have had the grandies for half the day and they are sleeping here tonight so hopefully il get some sleep but i have a chest infection so te coughing from that keeps me up at night as well really should give up the fags one day hope everyone gets some sleep tonight

Cheers Sue Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 19756
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 6:25 am

Hi guys
I was thinking the same thing, Sue, but unfortunately it isn't true. Well, I was sleeping a lot better, but the last few weeks have been pretty bad. No rhyme or reason for it, though.
Didn't want to post here, though, in case I woke anyone up! *grin*
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 2:09 am

Hi Mapmar,

I do take sleeping pills but still dont sleep for more than 2 to 3 hours qwith out wakiing its really annoying and of course ive now got a chest infection im coughing and sleeping alot less one day il get there i guess but its so annoying

Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 11:58 pm

I wish Sue..... I haven't been sleeping well for a few weeks now.... resorting to sleeping tablets which I don't really want to take everynight.... I wish there was a miracle cure.... Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 19756
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 4:24 pm

Howdy All

I guess since this post hasnt been up for awhile everyone must be getting a good nights sleep
Lucky yous im still haveing a pain in the backside sleep waking every couple of hours sometimes im lucky and will get back to sleep but the majority of time i dont it sucks

Anyone come up with any new ideas to help to stay asleep??????

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 8:52 pm

Good for you, Sue. I'm glad you finally got a sleep!
I have been up in the night recently, but only for short periods of time, so no computer. I've continued to sleep heaps better, so have more energy during the day now.
Sleep rocks!
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 7:54 am

Great news Sue. I'm glad you got some well earned rest.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009, 4:44 am

Well im happy after 4 days with only 2 hours of sleep a nite i slept last night form 11.45pm till 9.45 this mornin i did take 3 30grams tab of Serapax but well worth it very happy about that

Cheer Sue Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 63412
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 10:00 am

Hope things just keep getting better for you Chris

I usually get 5hours once every 10 days guess i should be happy about that
Im still here still breathing so im lucky just bloody tired
Cheers Sue
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 3:32 am

Chris good for you. Switching things up can sometimes make a difference. I'm glad to hear you're getting some zzzzs at last. I hope it continues to improve.

Sue, I wish I could help in some way. If I knew the cure I'd definitely share it with you all.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 3:25 am

Thanks, Deb - so do I!
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 2:23 am

Good for you Chris. Hope it continues!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next