AuthorMessage
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Whats with the insomnia? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 1:00 pm

I think you may have a point too, kate!
I have never had insomnia before, but am surprisingly not overly tired during the day.. Just start to wind down a lot earlier in the evening.
Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 11:46 am

I suspect Kate could have something there! Digestion is really energy intensive. Less food variety and quantity should take a lot less energy for the body to deal with. Leaving energy to...keep us awake at night!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySat 27 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm

I have been a chronic insomnia sufferer for most of my life and would normally be so lethargic and tired during the day it was ridiculous. Since starting optifast and then having my surgery my sleeping ( I am only 6 days post op) has not become any better but I am no where near as tired as I used to be during the day. Usually after surgery I am so sleepy for weeks it's not funny. I have my own little theory about this. During optifast and after surgery we are not putting as much food into our bodies and the quality of food is probably also much better than before. As our bodies aren't tryiing to process a whole lot of processed foods and fats we are not as tired and perhaps not falling asleep as easily because we are not having huge meals of a night that can make us sleepy. I could be totally off with this as I am not a doctor or dietician, it's just my personal observation.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySat 27 Aug 2011, 11:45 am

I'm so glad it's not just me!
I am 8 days post-op & have had one night at home & slept the same as I did in hospital... Constantly waking up through the night, especially the hours between 3am - 6am. And waking up at 6 on the dot is doing my head in....!
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Female
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2010-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySun 03 Jul 2011, 7:17 am

I'm experiencing this right now!!!
PM - has your post GA insomnia resolved?

The first 24-48 hours after surgery I spent almost entirely sleeping! Since then I'm frequently waking through the night and finding it hard to fall asleep in general. Thankfully I have had an easy recovery and have lots of energy during the day.
Back to top Go down
PocketRocket

Male
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Hi - to help me get to sleep I used four cushions   Whats with the insomnia? EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 6:35 am

Hello

I was sleeved on the 20th of September and found it really difficult to get to sleep the first two nights. I ended up going to a department store and purchased four new cushions and this has really helped.

I have positioned three of them similar to a hospital bed propping up my back and then I purchased a long "hug me" pillow (about 1.2m long) and that made all the difference. I can now lie on my side hugging the long pillow between my legs and arms and that gives me lots more support and I have been sleeping a lot better since I used my long 'hug me' pillow.

The only problem is with all these cushions, there is not a lot of room for your other half!

Mr Vinyl

Back to top Go down
LYD86

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 6:49 am

I dont think ive had insomnia as such, i am just gettin frustrated as i usually sleep though the night without waking up and each night i'm waking up about 6 or so times! SOOO annoying. I'm not in pain or anything so i had no idea why :( I put myself back to sleep easily enough but waking up in the morning feeling crapola
Back to top Go down
SaraG

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 3:44 am

I'm finding this too. Evn now, 5 days Post op I can't even nap during the day. I walked around fr 2 hours today and should be buggered but I just can't sleep! Crazy!
Back to top Go down
kold78
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySun 26 Sep 2010, 12:45 am

I ended up taking sleeping pills postop for a couple of weeks. I went back to work at 9 days and couldn't cope with no sleep, sometimes I was going to bed at 7.30pm and sleeping through.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySat 25 Sep 2010, 9:42 pm

no idea - it's a pain, isn't it?
i think it was a couple of months post op that i could sleep better again - you'll notice that i still don't sleep well, but that's a different issue ... i think! Whats with the insomnia? 81722
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? EmptySat 25 Sep 2010, 7:45 pm

Urgh!

I am so over this insomnia!!!

What's going on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the insomnia?   Whats with the insomnia? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats with the insomnia?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: