AuthorMessage
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySat 09 May 2009, 4:10 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm starting this thread for all of us who suffer from insomnia.

It's a place to whinge and moan about not getting enough sleep.

It's also a place to suggest solutions, try new things and post about how they worked.

It's probably one of the worst clubs to belong too, as any seasoned insomniac will tell you, but we need to stick together to try and beat this torturous condition. And it is the worst form of torture if you suffer from it every night. Nothing on earth beats a good, restoring night's sleep. And as they have proven over the last couple of years, good sleep aids in weight loss. So this thread has an important relationship to what we are all trying to achieve.

So I'm the first member. Come and join in if you feel the need. But I will be very glad for you if you don't feel the need. You're very lucky.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Janey
Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 10:09 am

Yes it can cause people to do weird things and it all started with a lady who took a heater to bed with her and nearly burnt herself to death. She blamed it on the Stilnox. I tended to blame it on sheer stupidity but having heard your story Kylie I now have doubts. You sound like a perfectly intelligent lady so maybe the statements people are making are true. Btw did the kids enjoy the middle of the night Happy Meal?

I haven't done anything dangerous. It works fine for me but I am a bit immune to it now as I have taken it on and off for several years. I don't sleep as long with it as I did.

The only effect it has on me is the sudden desire to eat something once I've taken it. I always have to get something to eat and then I'm out like a light. So nothing dangerous,unless I have a hankering for take away, only fattening.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 7:04 am

Stilnox is notorious for making people do wierd things isn't it? (and sometimes dangerous)
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptyMon 11 May 2009, 5:32 am

Hi gals,

I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep last night too. Even though I had my wine. Suffered for 3 hours and then succumbed and took half a Stilnox (my supply is getting low) and a Phenergan. Finally got off to sleep but slept in big time today. Phenergan is great but makes me groggy the next day.

Chris I have the opposite problem. Getting to sleep is my main beef. Once I have nodded off I may wake several times but can always get back to sleep. It's just that initial bit that stumps me everytime. I just need someone with a hammer to give me a tap or two. LOL.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 10:52 pm

No worries, Tracey - I had a cuppa myself (decaf, hoping it'll make a difference).
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 7:51 pm

sorry i missed you chris, i was off making a cup of tea. maybe next time. hope you get some sleep. my grandson has taken over my bed again, but i really don't mind...he is a great bed warmer!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 7:10 pm

Saw you were logged on, Tracey, so tried to start a chat with you.
It's now 4.09am and I've been up for a while. 2nd time tonight, but managed to go back to sleep after getting up at 1.
Had 2 Restavits tonight and still awake now - bugger! They're great for getting you to sleep, but not so good for keeping you that way!!!
Anyone else have sleep apnea as well?
Chris
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 11:14 am

Tracey so glad to hear you had a lovely day. You deserve it.

Hope you get some kip tonight too. Best of luck for a smoother week ahead.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 10:32 am

thanks again janey, deb and chris. sometimes just having a whinge to someone who 'knows' is enough to get me by. my two biggest support crews (my two sons and their gorgeous partners) were here today and i had a nice relaxed day. my daughter also seems to be back on deck again and hubby has just left for blackwater, so here's hoping for a much smoother week.

donna, i really know how you feel. when my kids were younger i had a very busy kids designer clothing business going. stayed up all night sewing special orders, did the retail thing during the day and then ran around all afternoon with kids sports. i really don't know where i got the energy from, but i guess that was eighteen years ago.

i have tried everything from exercising till i drop, drugs, alcohol, hypnotherepy, natural remedies and they all seem to work for a short while but then its back to waking up at 3am. my best routine at the moment is to get up, make a cup of tea and do some bookwork (more than often end up on here) until about 5am and then grab a few more hours sleep until jayden wakes up. luckily he still sleeps till around 8am and i don't have to work.

hugs everyone

tracey
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 4:49 am

Hi Donna you're definitely a candidate and somewhat of an expert it seems.

If I knew what the hell you have to do to get decent sleep I wouldn't be telling anyone I'd be selling the secret and making myself millions. LOL. Well maybe I'd share the secret with a few close friends for free.

You sound like you have your hands full and if lthe exhaustion of looking after 3 young kids doesn't knock you out for the night then I'm sorry but it sounds as if nothing short of a big, hard bang to the head with something heavy will do the trick. I have a hammer and I'm willing to travel.

Anyway pop in regularly because we may just figure it out eventually.

I've actually had 2 good nights and the only thing I have done differently is to drink a glass of ginger wine and completely shut the curtains so the bedroom is totally dark - oh how I hate the new neighbours who are renovating next door and have a huge security light that shines right in my window all night long - I don't expect it's a real cure but will do it again tonight and report back.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture
Donna-lee

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 4:38 am

Hi Janey,

please explain "what the heck is sleep" lol... I have not had a decents nights sleep since I was about 10 have suffered from insomnia for that long, unfortunately now having 3 kids under 10 doesnt help...Im going to have to sleep when im dead lol.....
Donna..xx Crazy Crazy Crazy
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 4:33 am

Hi Chris and welcome to the most undesirable club in the world.

Tracey you poor things. You have had the sh.....est week and you should be feeling exhausted. I hope things turn around for you soon. I know having been a carer myself that we are the last people thought of and we have to get used to just sucking it up and getting on with it.

However as Chris has said there are agencies out there that can help. It's just that they're not advertised very widely and you usually don't find out about them until it's too late. That was my case with Dad anyway. I really do sympathise about the situation with your daughter. It must be a nightmare for you sometimes. At least you have Jayden to brighten things up.

Hope hubby's tummy ache doesn't turn into anything nasty. That's all you need.

Here if you need me anytime. Oh and btw Happy Mothers Day.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 2:19 am

Hey, guys
I'm unhappy to report that I'm also a member of this club, but glad that we have our own space now! Thanks, Janey!
Tracey, there is the Australian Carers Association, who can offer you support and sometimes practical help too. Might be worth a chat with them.
Was up as usual last night, and didn't really sleep much after I went back to bed - but I live in hope! LOL
Chris
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySun 10 May 2009, 12:42 am

Oh Tracey, what a rotten week you have had...and insomnia on top of all that, no wonder you are just about had it.
Sending hugs and sleep sand your way too.
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySat 09 May 2009, 7:49 pm

thanks janey, its nice to know someone knows what i am talking about. the lack of sleep makes everything that bit more difficult to cope with and this week has been tougher than normal.

had my daughter in A&E all day wednesday on a drip for dehydration. still not sure of the cause just yet, whether viral or self inflicted (or probably a bit of both) as she was out clubbing for her 23rd birthday all weekend. its amazing how medical staff acknowledge the fact that she still is dependant on me for most everything in her life, including raising her 2 year old son, but still won't tell me what is wrong with her.

i know how tough it is to cope with a mental illness, i get that, but who the hell is around to care for the carer. have been cleaning and disinfecting madly all week in case it is a virus. don't want jayden or myself to catch it. so far we have managed to stay okay but yesterday hubby was home for less than twelve hours and whinging about stomach cramps. WTF!

the green ginger wine sounds delicious. brings back memories of my teenage surfie years at mooloolabah!! i have had a few sips of hubbys coke and it played up on me something shocking so still not game to venture onto wine just yet. (i'm just only graduating to straight water! LOL) .....though as you have said, ginger is good for you.........but for now my strongest tickle is peppermint tea!

i will just wallow in my misery and self pity for a little while and then suck it up and get on with it. thats what us mothers do, don't we? thanks again janey for always being there.

hugs back to you
tracey
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySat 09 May 2009, 7:05 am

Hi Tracey,

You sound really down and disheartened. You poor poppet. If you haven't been sleeping well nothing goes right does it? Maybe you need to do what I did last night and get stuck into some wine or something. Though getting stuck in for me was a little under half a glass. I'm a daredevil aren't I?

If you're not a drinker a little tipple could be just what you need.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to cheer you up. Anything at all....anytime. Oh and welcome to the club. Whinge away.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySat 09 May 2009, 6:45 am

count me in, janey. have just about had it with this not sleeping...actually i have just about given up on everything this week, just too tired and rundown to care.

tracey
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female

PostSubject: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 EmptySat 09 May 2009, 4:10 am

I'm starting this thread for all of us who suffer from insomnia.

It's a place to whinge and moan about not getting enough sleep.

It's also a place to suggest solutions, try new things and post about how they worked.

It's probably one of the worst clubs to belong too, as any seasoned insomniac will tell you, but we need to stick together to try and beat this torturous condition. And it is the worst form of torture if you suffer from it every night. Nothing on earth beats a good, restoring night's sleep. And as they have proven over the last couple of years, good sleep aids in weight loss. So this thread has an important relationship to what we are all trying to achieve.

So I'm the first member. Come and join in if you feel the need. But I will be very glad for you if you don't feel the need. You're very lucky.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club   Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Insomnia - Come On In And Join The Club
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12