Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?

Go down 
+167
Kat1974
aussiearies
Sutika
sleeverella
Ceds
Joybells
MrsFroggie1970
Sherie
Box of Jewels
denzel
SammySleever
ohtobethinish
MissyMagic
DayleD
Toran
Lewie2979
~shelli~
WondaWendy
Bumbles
gingerchicken
Tazzy03
Lizzy.
Ottopia
Lexiswan
tumultuous-tara
GeoffN
rikki35
rascally
btgirl
Glenice
minniemouse
debraell
Lindamck
Nini
yve
Ting Ting
dooben
Kil1980
Breathless
Happygal
cdazzle
Chongololo
melmac1
TinTin
sassyjane
mooka-manda
Jarrah
lin1970
sara777
allaboutme
andrea1979
shelly25
busso
Jupiter
fattothinner45
grandmajules
margd
Hazchem
westerngirl
Ayla
Kas
disey
demilanni
maggles2001
lissa75
Sara (New-Day)
~Trishah~
MissMelly
mrspotatohead
Daydreamer
snowbunny
curvylana
Strawberrychick
roadtripmama
BFSCOTT
bella danni
lizzzy
lilac
Woodland
retta83
justjed
Angelmystique
muffincatt
Tigga
kayt83
nesssie31
sophia
jessiegirl
LittleJess
Bast
duzzenmada
mmm
mammabear25
Eilish
Wannabehealthy
kimmi
DammitJanet
PilbaraGal
Bella77
shortchick
pipette87
Catapult
Letmeout
Eringirl
Sholley
Jedigirl78
yodacat
vanderaj
lulumac
Kateh (Bluedog)
ted.83
Rowena
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
louie42
slimdreamer
Adriana(Making it Happen)
Shazbotzski
flick
sue
HayleyGriffiths
Shrinky Dink
Vronnie
sassyred
mum of four (bec)
neljatye
bintang
Max
SassyMummy
green stargazer
hazelbaby
didles
janelou29
lisagraham
PiercedMumma08
Tash
lovelyslim
Bamba
D'Girlz
sunnie
crisalida
Cherrypie
skinnygreyhound
Samantha
butterflyfallen
Caz
LittleMissCee
Smurfette
Kazz
FNM
aswan
LISSYD
Jacko84
melpaulned
killerbabe82
Countrygirl_WA
slimmer
Jaime
amanda O'D
CareBear
100%-er
Janette
Synna
Belladonna
Kate
smileykylie
Isis
gottarhyme
171 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 7:36 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought this would be a good thread to give early sleevers some hope that eventually life will be normal again!

I am seven months and 3 weeks out, and tonight I am munching on melted cheese and ham on toast with relish (one piece is all I can manage). I might have a bowl (small) of ice cream in an hour if I get peckish later!

Last edited by gottarhyme on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 May 2013, 10:43 pm

12 months out...

Last night I had half a cup of homemade soup. Got through half of it and finished rest later

Tonight will be a chicken drumstick

12 months out I am at a 1/2 cup capasity fluctuating to 1/4 cup depending on the food.... ooooooor a whole freaking large bag of cheese tubes.
Back to top Go down
Chongololo
Part of the furniture
Chongololo

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-01-10

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 May 2013, 3:24 pm

Made a big pot of chilli mince with kidney beans and diced carrot, peas and corn, tomatoes.

flour tortilla, 3/4cup of mince mix, (too much, learned my lesson there) a shave of cheese, folded up - YUM. managed just over half of it, my dinner companion ate the rest of my one (dog most put out!)

nearly 12 weeks out, but my tum has been at half cup or so capacity since about 6 weeks out :)

be eating it for a while now... tortillas are great, not too bulky at all, and add a bit of interest for yet another meal of 'savoury' mince. Plus, the dog likes them. WIN!
Back to top Go down
mooka-manda
mooka-manda

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 May 2013, 1:13 pm

4 months, hamburger with no bun.
Back to top Go down
melmac1
melmac1

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 May 2013, 11:11 am

Ummmm 4 Bundy Rum and Cokes!!! And enjoyed every one!! WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 314562 Back to healthy tomorrow promise lol :)
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 May 2013, 10:50 am

Three and a half months out....Special treat tonight ! Seafood omelette from our wonderful local Chinese - no msg and not greasy :) Had about one fifth of the omelette. Looks like that's my brekky and lunch for tomorrow as well :)
Dessert will be a chai latte and supper will be a big glass of no fat milk.
Back to top Go down
TinTin
TinTin

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-01-30

PostSubject: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 May 2013, 10:43 am

Im 4 and half weeks post-op, first night of soft food. Had sweet potato shepards pie......I went light on the potato top, mostly mince.....couple of teaspoons and Im full as a goog!!!
Back to top Go down
mooka-manda
mooka-manda

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 May 2013, 10:33 am

4 months out, 1 egg omelette with couple of spoons of mash and steamed veg.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 1:35 pm

Hi I am 5 months post op,for dinner I had 1/2 cup beef stroganoff with one small spoon leek and spinach risotto and dessert later a few small pieces of licorice.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 12:03 pm

I am 9 weeks post op and had nearly a full chicken rissole, 2 potato wedges and couple of slices of carrot.
Back to top Go down
mooka-manda
mooka-manda

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 11:57 am

4 months post op yesterday. For dinner tonight I had half a sausage, couple of spoons full of mashed potato and pumpkin and some steamed veggies.
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 1:16 pm

Almost three months post op now.
Tonight I treated myself to some BBQ chook - the drumstick ... couldn't fit my veggies in (but that was because I scoffed my chicken...) then had about half a dozen slices of tinned peach and finally a glass of no fat milk with sugar free banana flavouring (for a bit of fluid)
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 1:09 pm

Approx 3/4 cup of shepherds pie (mince & veg with a bit of mash potato), then about half hour later had a piece of apple pie & a scoop of ice cream.

Ate half the scoop and all the pie.. Pie would have worked out to be around 1/3 cup.

21 months post op.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 12:43 pm

I made cut up chicken breast with vegies cooked in opti-fast chicken soup in the oven, ha a few chunky chips as well.
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 12:34 pm

I am 6 weeks post op and had 2 vita biscuits with super thin 97% lean ham 1/2 slicce
And cottage cheese.....so the cracker were 40 calories, ham had 5 pieces and I had 1 slice 20 calories, and cottage low fat cheese..50 calories......so 150 calories total for dinner...

Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 12:28 pm

I had a BBQ chicken leg and about 2tbs of coleslaw.
It is 6 weeks since my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
andrea1979
andrea1979

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: whats for dinner lol    WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyThu 02 May 2013, 12:17 pm

I had 1/2 a pocket bread pizza with ham and pinapple with light cheese eaten slowly over about 30mins cut into 4 its been 6 months since my op ive lost 48kgs since 28th of November 2012 and still have 58kgs still to go but i feel so much better ty dr Justin Greenslade for my op I love the new me

Last edited by andrea1979 on Thu 02 May 2013, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013, 2:24 pm

I had fish & chips.

1 x crab stick
2 bites of a battered sausage
4 bites of battered shark
And approx 5 chips

Sleeve poster child.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 11:45 pm

I started a food diary to get back on track,in the book-skinnyjeans at last,he says the best success is when you plan.So I plan my days food out in advance and then only eat what i have written down.It is actually working.Im over 2 and a half years out and have gained weight so I am getting back on track and using my sleeve how it is meant to be! I use a coffee cup to keep portions the same and so i dont try and sneak a scoop more in!

THIS WEEKS PLAN-ONLY EAT AT PLANNED MEAL TIME.NO BREAD/PASTA OR DIET SOFTDRINK.DO NOT DRINK WITH MEALS.

Sat 1st DEC

Meal1-bacon/egg mcmuffin,bite if hash brown, med coffee.1 coffee/sugar @ home.

Meal2-Coke zero& handful strawberry liquorice

Meal3-chicken/lettuce/mustard rye wrap(small homemade)

Meal4-nectarine and water

Meal5- (small handful) chicken/green salad/mustard

Meal6-nectarine

Sunday 2nd

Meal1-1 egg and one strip bacon, coffee half sugar.

Meal2- 1 cup fruit salad

Meal3-chicken and green salad

Meal4- half cup lite custard&jelly cup (put in a clear wine glass and layer it up to top of glass)

Meal5- (small handful )chicken& rocket salad

Meal6-tub yogurt

Monday

Meal1-3/4 cup cereal/milk &coffee

Meal2-nectarine,(brought) coffee(sm/lite)

Meal3-tub yogurt

Meal4-half cup lite custard& jellycup

Meal5-small angus beef patty (from coles)/salad/2 spoons fried rice.

Meal6 –2 kiwi fruit

TUESDAY

Meal1-3/4 cup cereal/milk &coffee

M2- 1 cup fruit salad

M3-meat/salad

M4- 1 cup custard and nectarine chopped up.

M5-protien shake/salad

M6-2 kiwi fruit

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 10:24 am

I am going to try light smoked salmon and some advocado spread on a cruskit at 15 days post op. First time, so wish me luck
Back to top Go down
busso

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Nov 2012, 11:28 am

40grams philly light cheese mixed with a squirt of moroccan seasoning, fresh chopped chives, then rolled in 40 grams of smoked salmon and sprinkled with dukkah. hit just the spot, tasty and didnt sit like a lead balloon

13months out
Back to top Go down
Jupiter
Jupiter

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2012-10-05

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Nov 2012, 6:15 am

Im 9 days post-op, struggling through soup! Ouchie :(
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Nov 2012, 4:39 am

50g slow cooked silverside, white sauce with parsley and 2 tablespoon veges, oh a a teaspoon of mash potato!
I'm 8 weeks out- almost!
Back to top Go down
fattothinner45

Female
Number of posts : 148

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Nov 2012, 3:18 am

A lamb chop,mashed vegies....
Back to top Go down
grandmajules

Female
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: what are you having for dinner tonite   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 7:43 pm

8 days out since sleeve, 1/2 cup skim milk coffee, 1/4 cup oats, little apple puree,1/2 cup skim milk coffee, 1/2 cup cheese and cauliflour soup, 1/2 tub lofat yogurt, puree beef and vegs. 1/2 tub lofat yogurt. plus water. grandma jules
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 7:09 pm

8months out I had two tablespoons stew and one table spoon potato, ate only about half of that, then later on a tiny ice block.
Back to top Go down
Hazchem
Hazchem

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-10-24

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 4:42 am

I shouldn't be reading these posts 6 days out tomato soup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?
Page 8 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next