Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?

Go down 
+167
Kat1974
aussiearies
Sutika
sleeverella
Ceds
Joybells
MrsFroggie1970
Sherie
Box of Jewels
denzel
SammySleever
ohtobethinish
MissyMagic
DayleD
Toran
Lewie2979
~shelli~
WondaWendy
Bumbles
gingerchicken
Tazzy03
Lizzy.
Ottopia
Lexiswan
tumultuous-tara
GeoffN
rikki35
rascally
btgirl
Glenice
minniemouse
debraell
Lindamck
Nini
yve
Ting Ting
dooben
Kil1980
Breathless
Happygal
cdazzle
Chongololo
melmac1
TinTin
sassyjane
mooka-manda
Jarrah
lin1970
sara777
allaboutme
andrea1979
shelly25
busso
Jupiter
fattothinner45
grandmajules
margd
Hazchem
westerngirl
Ayla
Kas
disey
demilanni
maggles2001
lissa75
Sara (New-Day)
~Trishah~
MissMelly
mrspotatohead
Daydreamer
snowbunny
curvylana
Strawberrychick
roadtripmama
BFSCOTT
bella danni
lizzzy
lilac
Woodland
retta83
justjed
Angelmystique
muffincatt
Tigga
kayt83
nesssie31
sophia
jessiegirl
LittleJess
Bast
duzzenmada
mmm
mammabear25
Eilish
Wannabehealthy
kimmi
DammitJanet
PilbaraGal
Bella77
shortchick
pipette87
Catapult
Letmeout
Eringirl
Sholley
Jedigirl78
yodacat
vanderaj
lulumac
Kateh (Bluedog)
ted.83
Rowena
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
louie42
slimdreamer
Adriana(Making it Happen)
Shazbotzski
flick
sue
HayleyGriffiths
Shrinky Dink
Vronnie
sassyred
mum of four (bec)
neljatye
bintang
Max
SassyMummy
green stargazer
hazelbaby
didles
janelou29
lisagraham
PiercedMumma08
Tash
lovelyslim
Bamba
D'Girlz
sunnie
crisalida
Cherrypie
skinnygreyhound
Samantha
butterflyfallen
Caz
LittleMissCee
Smurfette
Kazz
FNM
aswan
LISSYD
Jacko84
melpaulned
killerbabe82
Countrygirl_WA
slimmer
Jaime
amanda O'D
CareBear
100%-er
Janette
Synna
Belladonna
Kate
smileykylie
Isis
gottarhyme
171 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 7:36 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought this would be a good thread to give early sleevers some hope that eventually life will be normal again!

I am seven months and 3 weeks out, and tonight I am munching on melted cheese and ham on toast with relish (one piece is all I can manage). I might have a bowl (small) of ice cream in an hour if I get peckish later!

Last edited by gottarhyme on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyTue 07 Jan 2014, 4:26 am

Three weeks one day post op and just had a small piece of baked fish with lots of sauce. Having small pieces of cheese for snacks.
Back to top Go down
Glenice

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-01-07

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyTue 07 Jan 2014, 2:52 am

Debraell - I am booked for near end of March and I am financing the surgery myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 03 Jan 2014, 1:22 am

I'm two weeks and four days out and struggling with a very thin mash potato or soup.

I was told I could eat mince but I know that would be too heavy, although I'd love to get more natural protein rather than protein powder. I'm dreaming of the day I can have some Shepards Pie.
Back to top Go down
minniemouse

Female
Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyThu 02 Jan 2014, 9:51 am

Hi all,
I'm exactly 3 weeks out of surgery today and tonight I had steamed:
small carrot, 2  small  chat potatoes and 3 small broccoli florets then I mushed them with a fork and added a can of tuna and some soy sauce. Was delicious! I eat everything with a teaspoon as I find it helps to slow me down and make sure that my mouthfuls are the right size,
Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyThu 02 Jan 2014, 9:21 am

9 months after sleeve. Having small piece of chicken, small amount of salad.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyThu 02 Jan 2014, 3:53 am

debraell - please ask your question in a different section or start a new thread and I will move it into the correct section for you. You won't get much of a reply in this section.

As for me for dinner last night - I had about 2 small fork fulls of cauliflower & cheese, and a small piece of pickled pork.

Then an apple cider and half a bottle of wine! ;)
Back to top Go down
debraell

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-01-01

PostSubject: Just joined   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyWed 01 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

I have my first appointment for a gastric sleeve in early feb.  It's the soonest I could get in.  I don't have health insurance and will finance myself.  Has anyone else done this?
Back to top Go down
Lindamck
Lindamck

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-07-12

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptySat 07 Dec 2013, 2:56 am

MUD CRAB! That is all.WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 314562
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 06 Dec 2013, 11:32 pm

Half a marinated chicken breast, about two tbs rice and bowl of potato chips later on :)
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 06 Dec 2013, 11:16 pm

Last night:
3 slices of sashimi
pickled sesame spinach - 3 chopsticks full
2 gyoza
2 pieces of sushi
burnt sesame ice cream

Eaten very slowly over about an hour... yummo ! Not too bad except for the ice cream (a modest serve all the same)
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 06 Dec 2013, 11:14 am

100 gm Prawns sauted in garlic and chilli and poached in tomato passata - 22g Protein and sooo yummy.

cheers Nini.
Back to top Go down
yve

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-11-19

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 06 Dec 2013, 11:03 am

It has been eight months since my sleeve, and I had 40g of grilled cajun chicken with a small amount of cous cous. The cous cous was flavoured with chicken stock, peas, corn, roast red capsicum and onion.
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013, 12:27 am

The medallion out of a pork chop and three quarters of a small potato gratin thing (from aldi)

A cup of fruit tea for afters and a small jam tart.

debs
Back to top Go down
Ting Ting
Ting Ting

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 3:34 pm

Yummy Busso - think I'm going to try that one - I LOVE scallops.

Had one of my favourites...
Lightly cook chopped chicken thighs (because they stay moist), add 1-2 tsps of green curry paste, stir then add chopped onion & bacon, wait a short while then add chopped mushroom, small florets of broccoli, and a tin of reduced cream.  Cooked fresh fettucine noodles to go with but didn't have them myself.

YUM YUM..!!
Back to top Go down
busso

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 12:48 pm

2 years and 1 week after sleeve, I managed 5 scallops seared in a Moroccan, coriander and lemon sauce. yummm
Back to top Go down
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Jul 2013, 3:34 am

3 months out from sleeve (but only three weeks into eating (mushie stage) due to a bad leak.)

Last night I had a small amount of chicken curry and soft rice..ate mostly sauce and rice. Didn't measure it though but it was only a small amount.

debs
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013, 10:19 am

Hi all. one small lamb shank oven baked in a oven bag with carrots,celery and onion and half a small jacket potato done in the micro,all reduced down to my half cup size. Down 23 kgs woohoo.
Back to top Go down
melmac1
melmac1

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013, 10:13 am

Steak,eggs,chips and onion gravy! Well that's what the family had I had three chips and a fried egg no steak. I was sleeved on the 6th Feb 2013 in Tijuana Mexico and have lost 34 kg so far still another 30 to go :)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013, 1:21 pm

love licorice.
made a mine meat concoction of mince/can tomatos/mushrooms/can lentils/leftover tomato sauce and rissole mix. Very yummy, have frozen some and will eat some tmmw. Cass can have some with rice or pasta
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013, 10:19 am

Sleeved Dec 2012. Am having egg omelette with herbs,low fat cheese fresh chopped pak choy greens and some lean ham.I make one big one and take my half cup meal size and the other half eats the rest. Dessert later on a few pieces of licqorice .
Back to top Go down
Kil1980

Female
Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013, 9:20 am

5 weeks post op I had tonight a 1/2 lamb rump chop that was in a casserole and 1 Tbls brown rice
Back to top Go down
Breathless

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 07 Jun 2013, 3:35 am

Tonight I am having a glass of wine to celebrate 2 weeks post op....and some vegetable soup

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 Weight
Back to top Go down
Happygal
Happygal

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-03-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 8:17 am

2 weeks post op, am having pasta sauce with some mash and veg.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 31 May 2013, 6:39 am

I had chicken Parma on the plane last night. Came with pasta& chips & a chicken wrap.. Only ate the Parma which was probably a bit bigger than the palm of my hand.

Nearly 2 years out.
Back to top Go down
cdazzle

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-11-06

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptySat 25 May 2013, 2:35 pm

I tried to blend a fresh soup from Coles but it looks weird afterwards and still has small bits in it , so instead I had half a cup of banana tony ferguson shake , I am day 4 post op
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 EmptyFri 24 May 2013, 10:43 pm

12 months out...

Last night I had half a cup of homemade soup. Got through half of it and finished rest later

Tonight will be a chicken drumstick

12 months out I am at a 1/2 cup capasity fluctuating to 1/4 cup depending on the food.... ooooooor a whole freaking large bag of cheese tubes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?
Page 7 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next