AuthorMessage
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyWed 08 Oct 2008, 2:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Yesterday I Had:

Protein shake

1 arrowroot buiscuit made mushie with a Jarrah

soft noodles in plum hoisen sause about half a cup

scrambled eggs about 3/4 of a cup

1 yogo What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 796297

1 Jarah

1600mls of water with a small amount of diet cordial.

I think I am having the wrong foods to lose weight? Do you think there is enough protien in there? Also I am finding I not hungry at all in the morning and then get hungry at night (or empty) and have like a sore churning tummy.

Is anyone else willing to critique me and/or post their food intake for the day so I can copy the successful sleevers? I was hoping we could make a running post so that I can continually record what I eat and compare it so I don't go to far off track.

I am still restricted a bit as I am still on mushies. That finishes in a week or two so I am starting to move towards normal foods.

Cinni
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:22 am

tou really need 3 optifast type meals a day until you can fit in a bit more. any brand or varity of meal replacement soup shake you like.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 5:38 am

Not much... 7 days out and still having trouble with fluids...
1 Choc Opti shake with Benefibre
1 cup skim milk with Milo (probably didn't need skim but it's all we had)
water
Mushroom cup of soup (was disgusting but went down the easiest)
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 5:23 am

I wanted to resurect this thread to see what peoples are eating now. I sometimes wonder if I am eating too much but then .........

I am 9 months out today and yesterday I ate

Breakfast: 1 fruche strawberry yoghurt 125grams
Lunch: Cup a soup Laksa
Dinner: 3 pieces of homemade pizza on tortilla bread
Snacks: prob 5 pieces fruit and nut chocolate

Last edited by Countrygirl on Wed 23 Jun 2010, 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 6:35 pm

I am nearly 7 weeks post-op............

B: Shake with 1 Tablespoon protein powder
MT: Forme Yohgurt
L: 1 slice grain bread with ham, slice Free cheese and tomato
AT: 6 strawberries and 3 prunes
D: 1 and 1/2 salmon patties

1.2 litres water
3 mugs tea with skim milk
2 multivitamins
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 5:51 am

Nearly 5 weeks post-op..............

B: 1 Hi-bran Weetbix, 1/2 cup skim milk and 3 prunes
MT: Tub Forme Yoghurt
L: 3/4 slice wholegrain toast, 20 gms Lite Philly spread, 1/2 small can salmon
AT: 1 slice rockmelon
D: Chilli Con Carne and rice (all cooked and ready to eat)

Water 1.2 litres so far
2 cups tea with skim milk and Benefibre
2 chewable multivitamins

Last edited by Janette on Fri 29 Jan 2010, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010, 1:50 am

Half a bowl of velish (delish) soup
3 red rooster chips (fill up so quickly on these wee devils)
1 small flute of champers
piece of salmon and a tomato nicked off the neighbours bush
1 candy cane which must have fallen off the xmas tree and landed behind the couch where I was chasing an m&m that fell from my son's hand

yes, I am the queen of Random Eating but never felt fitter, happier or healthier. Deprivation is a thing of the past, as are boombah pants. wheeee
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 3:02 am

Oh go on - live dangerously. Have the real stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:48 am

I am hoping to have some brandy custard..........LOL made with brandy essence not the real stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:32 am

And you'll be having that on Christmas day too

LOL

Actually, sounds yummy!!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:14 am

First day home from hospital...............

Breakfast: 100ml tub Yoghurt
MT: 125 mls Apple Juice
Lunch: Half a berry shake
AT: The other half of the berry shake
Dinner: 100 ml tub Yoghurt

During the day...........
2 chewable multivitamins
Cordial
Water
Other half of the apple juice

I start pureed food tomorrow.
(what goes through a straw)
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2009, 9:05 pm

Yesterday

B - 1/2 slice Soy Linseed toast with butter and 30g corned meat (home cooked..YUM)
Coffee with FF milk and sweetener

L - 5 bites of leftover chinese

D - 1/4 small potato, 1/2 chicken sausage, two bites of pumkin

Norty things - 1 x coffee with 2 x tim tams...ummmm maahhhhh

Exercise - 45 minutes aqua class
Water - sadly 600ml

End result 262 calories (day 536 less 274 for exercise)...26.1g Fat, 16.7 protein (not nearly enough!!) and 43g carbs
Back to top Go down
anonymouze

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: What have I eaten... oy.   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyWed 25 Nov 2009, 10:48 pm

On Monday I ate the usual and I try to eat 1 new item each day (per instructions) so...
I ordered mozzarella sticks instead of french onion soup at my karaoke place. What a mistake.
I puked not once, not twice, but three times (once for each stick dipped in LOTS of sauce?) so back to soup it is...
I am not into stews or sauces and am growing weary of soups and my usual cracker, yogurt etc...
There has got to be an easier way to try something new (not wet, gooey or saucy) and tasty that won't make me puke.
I am NOT looking forward to the holiday tomorrow, I will try calamari rings dipped in sauce again since it went good once so far (let's hope it does it again) and hubby will eat the traditional Thanksgiving meal while I drool... wish me luck. -sigh- WELL
on the up side I have lost over 100# pre+post op total now... phew. 100.3 to be exact as of yesterday. appx 65.3 post op (aug 15th).
What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 64827
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 2:55 am

anonyomouze your problem is NOT solid food it is the fact you are not making it wet enought. You need to add sauces or gravys or things as we suggested a wizzed up can of baked beans to chcken or beef finely chopped or minced up.

This should allow you to eat a lot of different foods.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
anonymouze

Female

PostSubject: Okay I can barely remember what I ate yesterday, so today...   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 12:23 am

Today we went to Turcuisine it's a mid-eastern place...
For breakfast I had 6 ritz hint of salt crackers and some kraft sharp cheddar easy cheese on each. (About 2 tbs worth total)
For lunch we went to Turcuisine in Reston VA and we shared:
the mixed appetizer - MEZE TABAGI (Mixed Meze Platter) A combination of hummus, cacik (Diced cucumbers in yogurt prepared with dry mint and a touch of garlic), dolma (Grape leaves stuffed with rice, tomato, onions and spices, cooked in olive oil), rus salata (Boiled potatoes, carrots and peas mixed with mayonnaise - think of home made potato salad), grilled halloumi (a cheese that tastes like mozzarella but better), feta cheese, & sigara borek (Deep fried cigar-shaped rolls filled with feta cheese & parsley)
Out of that I had 1/4 of a "sigara" 1/4 tsp of feta cheese 1/2 of the grilled halloumi (good stuff man...) 1/4 tsp of the salata, and 1 small pita square with about 1 big tsp of hummus spread on it and a BIG...BIG black Olive! (giggle) and I nibbled on my hubby's crust of his Lahmacun and took a pinky nail sized piece and chewed it to damned death... and only had about 3 minutes of mild stomach pain - so I'm HAPPY it DID stay down and HUBBY had 95% of the meze plate and LAHMACUN Round Turkish pizza. Thin crust topped with ground beef, tomatoes, onions & spice mixture with some hot pepper crumbles & fresh oregano on it!
Then I had 1/5 of a banana and OJ smoothy made w/ice and splenda from Coldstone (it wasn't that good...)
I stopped and dropped hubby at the supermarket and got myself a favorite now (yeah it's high in sugar... sigh but I love it) a CocaCola Icee small sized and drank it for the next hour YUM heh - evil laugh -
Had 2 soft caramels as a after lunch snack as if the Icee wasn't enough
For Supper I had 6 ritz hint of salt crackers and some kraft sharp cheddar easy cheese on each
and I will probably have a Luigi's sugar free Ices Cherry (Thank god hubby eats the lemon ones they come 3 of each in the box and I don't like the lemon ones -gotta love my hubby- heh) they are only 60 calories and are so darn good and just the right texture/taste for the end of the day when I swear my mouth tastes like a swamp from my meds etc... so I try to have half or a whole one every night or every other night as my 'big treat'.

If anyone in this forum is from the United States please feel free to PM me or let me know how you are doing, time post-op, wt loss if you don't mind and trials, tribulations, hints, help anything that you think may help me - and please read my previous plea/ask for help finding new textured foods that may work.
Thank you all for reading my long post -hugs- and best of luck to y'all!

What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 697586

Hello again, please NOTE I do not mind any non-spam and no "hate" notes on my Facebook if you want to contact me: Stacey Circle
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
Lorraine

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptySat 21 Nov 2009, 10:40 pm

allieswans wrote:
Lorraine

Is that a dog in your fridge??

hahahaha yes!! BUT its not MY fridge...rofl
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptySat 21 Nov 2009, 10:38 pm

Lorraine

Is that a dog in your fridge??
Back to top Go down
Lorraine
Lorraine

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptySat 21 Nov 2009, 9:35 pm

Hi there,
I am almost 3 wks post op and have moved into a more lumpy stage of food ( and loving it)

upon waking 1/2 glass watered down juice as I wait for multi vitamin to dissolve
Breakfast - porridge
Snack - drinking yoghurt
Lunch - Organic Spring Lamb & red wine soup with garlic & rosemary (bought @ Coles in a pouch in fridge section) to which I added 1/2 slice of left over meatloaf roughly crumbled
Early Dinner - Home made chicken & vegetable soup (blended smooth) to which I added a 1/4 breast roast chicken meat cut up finely
Supper 1/2 cup mango yoghurt
water throughout the day
Back to top Go down
anonymouze

Female

PostSubject: Thanks for your response...   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptySat 21 Nov 2009, 9:10 am

Unfortunately most "solid" foods still hurt a lot, last night I had 1/4 of a boston market roast beef sandwich on only the bottom bun and I had those infamous heart/stomach/chest pains for 2 hours but at least I didn't experience reverse osmosis which I usually do... I think I'm going to give up eating or trying solid food for a long time it's not worth the pain. So I really need food that is the texture of chopped liver/hummus/spreads or not as solid as tuna, chicken, meats etc w/o going the pureed or baby food route. I do not cook nor like to cook. Please see my previous post - Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 3:11 am

wiz up a can of baked beans to make a sauce to wet down any meat you have super protien shot, sprinkle a little grated cheese though it if you like for an even bigger hit. just remember wet to start with works best.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 3:04 am

Hi Stacey and welcome to the forum

Have you tried Tuna or salmon - in Oz we get small cans and they can have flavourings ie tomato and basil, plain or chilli etc.
Shaved ham, baked beans and eggs (dairy I know) are more options.

Try adding sauces to small pieces of chicken and steak - lots of gravy or sauce helps these go down easier.

You have done well with the weight loss so far.
Hope this helps.
hugs
Jilly

Last edited by Jillybean on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anonymouze

Female

PostSubject: Hello I'm new and could use some help, please.   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 12:51 am

I had 6 ritz hint of salt crackers with easy cheese on each. (cheese in a can by kraft)
4 spoons of baked potato w/cheese
3 bites of a small pork bun sandwich (was too hard and didn't sit well - wanted to try something new)
luigi's 60 calorie sugar free ices
6 ritz hint of salt crackers w/easy cheese (this is a habit lately)

Usually I do have yogurt &/or cottage cheese 3 spoons during the day and a protein for supper like chicken bits or soup w/something

I hope someone can help me maybe?
I am looking for proteins that are non-dairy, low-fat, low-sodium, no peanut butter (allergies) with some GOOD taste to them
I can NOT drink my protein drinks I have tried but they have an after-taste of rotting feet smell or something nasty like that.
They need to be reasonably soft but NOT liquid. My "foods" of choice are generally high fat and I need some aid...
Pate, great (but again high fat) chopped liver, great...(but again high fat), soups are getting terribly boring.
Yogurt is good but the dairy kills me, cottage cheese same thing... I think if I have more cheese in the can I'm going to explode but it stays down well and doesn't hurt. (very important!) I do drink lactaid chocolate milk and that is good.
Hummus works nicely but gets boring... I can eat the inside of taco bell taco's (1!) or 1/2 of a small soft taco barely.

So please, anyone have any ideas/suggestions? I do not like to cook and I had waldorf salad the other day from the store and I did not feel too well (and I did pick the hard bits out) most "harder" foods like chicken, steak etc hurt still. I'm 13 wks post op and have lost 60#+ as of yesterday. Thank you all in advance for any feedback or help and feel free to contact me on Facebook - Stacey Circle (no spam or mean folks please!) Thank you.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2009, 5:14 am

IGA and most major supermarkets should sell the CP prawn wonton soup. sometimes they are in the frozen food section and sometimes in the frozen fish section. Cost about $4, just enough for our tiny tummies and only about 110 cals with protein as well. taste yummy.
Yesterday:
bf: kate morgan shake
Lc: beef casserole with noodles and vegies (small bowl)
d: piece of bbq chicken breast & wing (son works at chicken treat and keeps bringing it home)

750ml water plus cups of tea and coffee during the day
1.5 hrs belly dancing.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 10:46 pm

Ok where do you get these prawn wonton things????

yesterday i think I had cerealwith smilk,small juice with tablets, then a cup of tea
were out for a while at MRI appt had an iced green tea on the way home,
then we had to go out to physio and I quickly ate a tin of salmon. Bit hard to chew atm as I have a sore tooth.
Dinner we had chicken rissoles with mash, peas & carrots, ate most but over an hour.
Then later had a skinny cow icecream
Probably didnt drink enough, was so tired last night I had to put a half drunk glass of diet cordial back in the fridge cos I couldn't fit it in !
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 8:23 pm

Oh Newlife...they are sensational....lol I am such a asian food snob...its gotta be good for me to eat it and I love Laksa and wonton soup so this was a great find!!!

Yesterday :)

B - 1/2 english muffin with vegemite and coffee with s/m and sweeteners

L - CP Prawn and wonton soup

D - Stew about 50g of it and 1 x Milo Combo Mousse

Snacks - 2 x snack size Bounty's ummmmmmahhhh

Water - 2.5L
Exercise - 30 mins cardio machines, 30 mins swimming and 1 hr Netball - yep thats why I had the Bounty chocs :)

Today I ended up in negative calories which wasnt great!! -209 calories (800 a day), 23.4/27g fat, 19.7/60g protein (bad bad), 70.6/90g carbs
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 3:33 am

Glad to see that someone else has got onto the Prawn Wonton Soups, been having those for months now and they're yummy.

Yesterday:
bf: up and go
L: 2 small chicken legs and a bit of stir fry noodle
D. 1 piece of toast with some dressing, chicken and salad on top
snack: a couple of handfuls of cheese and bacon balls (naughty)
plus 750ml water, 3 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee.
30min at Curves
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 1:39 am

well guys that is great news!!! its good to know how things work sometimes down the track a bit :)

OK yesterday I had

B - 2 x cruskits with smidge butter and ham, 1 x coffee with s/m and sweeteners

L - CP Prawn Wonton Soup - OMG this is really really good stuff!!! low fat, cal and carbs!!!

D - 2 x cruskits with smidge butter and cheese

Snacks - 1 x allens snake...wont do that again!!! takes up too much cals and carbs!
Nestle dairy combo snack pack, 1 x slice of soy and linseed batard (like a french stick but smaller) with butter

Water - 1.5L
Exercise - 45 mins aquarobics (sp)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you eat yesterday?
Page 16 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next