AuthorMessage
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 08 Oct 2008, 2:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Yesterday I Had:

Protein shake

1 arrowroot buiscuit made mushie with a Jarrah

soft noodles in plum hoisen sause about half a cup

scrambled eggs about 3/4 of a cup

1 yogo What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 796297

1 Jarah

1600mls of water with a small amount of diet cordial.

I think I am having the wrong foods to lose weight? Do you think there is enough protien in there? Also I am finding I not hungry at all in the morning and then get hungry at night (or empty) and have like a sore churning tummy.

Is anyone else willing to critique me and/or post their food intake for the day so I can copy the successful sleevers? I was hoping we could make a running post so that I can continually record what I eat and compare it so I don't go to far off track.

I am still restricted a bit as I am still on mushies. That finishes in a week or two so I am starting to move towards normal foods.

Cinni
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
sophia
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 10:45 pm

Hi Newlife,
thanks for sharing your pizza saga. I can so relate... not to pizza, but the cravings for salty food drives me crazy. I buy some then can hardly eat any (comparitively!). RETRAIN, Sophia, retrain!!!!
I really need to focus back on my eating again!
Sophia
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 9:34 pm

Good girl Jenni - Caz is very pleased with you!

And how much clearer is your head with enough fluid in. When I read NO WATER I just went Eeeeekkkkkk!!!!

I am NEVER eating another cruskit in my life (well not for a while anyway). Ryvitas are much nicer and much better for you as well. But I couldn't cope with them for the first 4 weeks, so I guess they are for further down the track. I've been having them with the salmon pate I make (receipe elsewhere) which is delish.

Well done
Caz
Back to top Go down
jigs
jigs

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 11:10 am

Todays food was much better than yesterday, You'll be pleased to know Caz, have had 6 big glasses of water aswell as the usual 3 cups of coffee. It's amazing just how much my clearer my head is today.
B/f still just a coffee, can't even face a up&go which i was having
Recess nashi pear and 1/2 a yogurt
Lunch 2 cruskits and a tin of salsa tuna, I will buy some ryvitas tomorrow, it will be good for a change, thanks Caz.
Dinner 1/2 a lean cuisine
3 coffees, 6 glasses of water and a small apple juice
I'll keep using this site as its really helping seeing what i eat in print, it's keeping me honest.
Big hugs to everyone
Jenni
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 6:57 am

Don't worry jigs we all have our bad days sometimes, try not to beat yourself up and you'll be better next time. I had a bad day yesterday too (especially when I looked up the calories after I had eaten them).

bf: Up & Go (200 cals)
Lunch: Leftovers - very small piece of marinated beef, 1tbsp mash potato and 11/2 tblsp of beans and peas (prob about 300 cals).
Dinner (7pm): (here's the kicker) 2 slices of pizza (with the lot)
Supper (9.30pm): 1 more slice of pizza
Before Bed (11pm): 2 slices of pizza, 2 small squares of dark chocolate.
(calories for pizza alone 925 OMG - 185 cals per slice)

Fluids: 1.2ltr water, 1 cuppa coffee (lfmilk + 2 sugars), 1 x 300ml glass of coke

Exercise: 30mins at Curves (maybe burned off about 220 calories)

No wonder the scales didn't move this morning, but I have to say in the past probably would have eaten the whole pizza in one-two sittings, so at least I ate less than I used too.
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyThu 02 Apr 2009, 12:54 am

yesterday:

Br: muesli and cup coffee
Lu: toasted turkish with ham and vegetables (Avo, spinach, zucchini, tomato, mushrooms etc - YUM)
Di: fish pasta (kind of like a light tuna pasta bake but with white fish - i think it was snapper) and salad.
Water
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Apr 2009, 9:38 pm

Hi Jigs

I've moved off cruskits on to ryvitas now - much better for you and taste better too. I had my surgery on 23 Feb so I would imagine you could try them too.

But naughty naughty naughty! Did I actually read NO WATER. Oh dear!

And what is wrong with you is that you didn't eat the right things and didn't drink enough water!!!

Be good
Caz
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Apr 2009, 9:38 pm

Hi Jigs

I've moved off cruskits on to ryvitas now - much better for you and taste better too. I had my surgery on 23 Feb so I would imagine you could try them too.

But naughty naughty naughty! Did I actually read NO WATER. Oh dear!

And what is wrong with you is that you didn't eat the right things and didn't drink enough water!!!

Be good
Caz
Back to top Go down
jigs
jigs

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Apr 2009, 11:27 am

I've had a pretty ordinary day with the food so by being honest with myself it may help me tomorrow.... so here goes
B/F none just a cup of coffee
Recess 2 cruskits with jam and a banana
Lunch small bowl of chicken and mashed potato (leftovers from last night)
Dinner 1/2 bag of cheezels 5pm
small slice of cream sponge 6pm
4 coffees and no water. I'll have a couple of glasses of water tonight and will definately have a better food day tomorrow, don't know whats wrong with me today, everything seems such a huge effort.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 01 Apr 2009, 9:47 am

Yesterday

bf: Up & Go
Lunch: 8 small steamed asian dumplings - 4 prawn + 4 spinach.
Dinner: Small piece of wine marinated steak, 1 tble spoon mash potato, 1 tble spoon mixed beans & peas.
Snack: 1 small banana
Naughties: 4 squares of dark chocolate.

Fluid: 1lr water, 1 cuppa coffee with lf milk + 1 sugar, 1 cuppa tea with lf milk and 1 sugar.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2009, 5:25 am

Hey, good luck with the Curves thing Lynn!
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2009, 5:23 am

Yesterday.

bf; no breakfast.
Lunch: The inside of a Miss Maudes tuna mornay pie, plus the pastry top.
Snack: A banana
Dinner: 1/2 a small serve of commercial lasagna plus ceasar salad & 2 cherry tomatoes,
Supper: 1/2 a small serve of lasagna
Naughties: some lolligobble blis blombs, 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Fluids: 1/2 glass dark grape juice + fibre, 125ltr water with weak lemon cordial. Cuppa coffee with lfmilk + 1 sugar.

Exercise: 1/2 hour at curves before dinner.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 3:34 am

Breakfast
wholemeal english muffin with diet marmalade on

morning tea
atkins peanut snack bar

lunch
half a toasted ham cheese and tomato sandwhich. this was from fast eddies and thus huge so no way I could get in the second half, tho I picked the tomato out of the second side.

afternoon tea
half a 300ml ice coffee, had a terrible sore throat while out shopping and just wanted to sooth it.

dinner
1 cup of home made fried rice, not made with oil lots of vegetarian bacon prawns peas onion capsicun water chestnuts and less rice than you normally do for fried rice. tho rice is not an issue at all it is to us still about getting in the protien and veg rather than rice or pasta.

supper
3 crackers and cheese
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2009, 1:38 am

Glad to see some other putting their food diaries here.

Yesterday.

Lch: leftovers - 1 cheese & vegemite sausage (yes cheese and vegemite sausage), a piece of steamed potato (skin on), 1tbsp of peas & carrots, 1/2 corn cob (ate too much was very full).
Dinner: Steamed Asian dumplings - very small, 4 spinach ones and 4 minced prawn.
Supper: 2 cruskits - 1 with cheese & vegemite, 1 with cheese & ham. (1 slice of craft slice altogether - split into halfs)
Naughties: 4 dark chocolate squares with mint. (BTW dark chocolate is a good source of potassium). Oh and I almost forgot 2 caramel easter eggs (the small ones with filling). Still can't resist the chocolate.

Drinks: 1/2 glass of dark grape juice, 125ltr of water with week dark grape juice for flavour, 1 cuppa coffee with low fat milk and 1 sugar, 1 cuppa tea with low fat milk and 1 sugar.

Exercise: walking to and from car twice during day. + 1/2 hour brisk walking with dog in the evening. 10mins on Ab Pro.

Joined Curves and will be having first instructed session on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
jigs
jigs

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2009, 10:19 am

This is the first time i've listed my daily food intake so here goes........
B/fast Just a cup of coffee, (I find it really difficult to eat early in the morning)
Recess !/2 a low fat yoghurt, the remainder i'll have tomorrow
Lunch 2 cruskits with a small tin of tuna, an hour later I had a small bunch of grapes
A/tea low fat iced coffee
Dinner a cup of my chicken and broccoli bake
the rest of a small iced coffee ( I freeze it and eat it like a sorbet)
I know i don't drink enough water but try to have 4 glasses through the day.I usually have to have very diluted cordial.
Memo to me.........Drink more water!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009, 11:34 am

Hi Jodi, don't mean to detract at all from your efforts and achievements as you have done wonderfully. Just wondering if you are getting enough protein- don't want your hair to start falling out!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009, 9:03 am

Breakfast
wholemeal english muffin with diet marmalade on

morning tea
atkins peanut snack bar

lunch
wholemeal sandwhich with salad, slice of ham and NO lettuce on it. It was rather large so I had to leave all the crusts. SO maybe 3/4 eaten

afternoon tea
3 rice crackrs & light cheese . one of those cute little snack packs. They are so yummy and less than 100 calories

ummmmmm a small wagon wheel chased me down and had its way with me ;) 100calories

Dinner
roast lamb with tandorie (spelt that wrong) seasoning on it
cauliflower cheese
green beans
tiny tiny bit of rosmary and garlic roast potato

This all fitted neatly on a bread and butter plate, I was a bit piggy so left rather full as I finished it all but the potato only manage half that.

supper
150gram diet mango and passionfruit frome thingie desert . very nice
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2009, 8:10 am

Yesterday:

Lunch: Left over from night before - 1/2 rissole, some sauteed mushroom, cauli cheese - 2/3 small plate.
Dinner: Crown roast lamb (cooked in flavourwave oven - no fat) & vegies: = 1 loin chop, peas & carrots & little tiny bit of cauli cheese (1tbsp), mashed potato (about 1 tbsp)
Snack: naughty, naughy - 2 handful of potato crisps.

Drinks: 1.3ltr water with weak cordial. 1 cuppa coffee milk & sugar
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2009, 5:51 am

Hi all

I haven't been keeping up with this thread for a while, so thought I would rebirth it, particularly for all those newbies, although I know quite a few of you are keeping food diaries in your diary.

Anyway here is me yesterday.

bf: Up & Go.
Lch: Japanese Chicken Garage with steamed rice - about equivalent to 3/4 small BB plate
Dinner: 1/2 chicken rissole (cooked in flavourwave oven - no fat), cauliflour cheese (about 1 small flower - low fat milk, but normal cheese), sauteed mushrooms (1 1/2 tbsp) & about 5 potato gems. Approx 3/4 small bb plate altogether.
Snack: 4 small squares of dark mint chocolate (dark chocolate is an excellent source of potassium apparently - which is needed if you are on fluid tablets - but I know - should probably go for a banana/fruit instead).

Drinks: 1 coffee with low fat milk and 1 sugar,
750ml water bottle with weak ice tea cordial, 300ml glass water with weak lemon bailey cordial.

Exercise: Walking to and from car at work (parking further away now).

Not too bad , but need to exercise more.
What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 369315
Back to top Go down
untamed_angel277
untamed_angel277

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 1:27 pm

Well people... lol im back to noraml yay me (shut up donna (shadowmumma) dont even say it lol) finally off those extra meds so things are back to normal

b/f half cup muslie with 2 table spoons yoghrt yoghrt
lunch tuna crackers 2 and small salad
snack fruit
Dinner some corned beef and veg didnt even fill a side plate
late night snack glass of milk

lol i think thats looking better again..

ive drunk 1 mini carton of juice and 1 1/2 litres water plus 2 glasses of milk...
Back to top Go down
http://untamedangel277.spaces.live.com/
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2009, 9:20 am

Hi Steph

Yes it does sound alot but actually wasn't that much, dinner fit on a small bread & butter plate and even then I only ate 1/2 - 2/3 of it. Lunch was 4 small sushi rolls (described which ones in brackets), you know the ones that come packed from the local Japanese. Supper was only 1/2 small rissole. the biscuits were the only naughty things.

Anyway whatever I am doing, it seems to be working cause I am half way to my goal so yesterday:

Morning tea: Don't usually have MT but it was a girl at works 50th, so - 1 party sausage roll, 1 cracker with avacado & tomato, 1 small piece of rockmelon. (not too bad except the sausage roll).
Lunch (about 2pm): Left over dinner from night before: 1 small chicken rissole, a dob of mash & greens.
Dinner late about 9pm: 1/2 small piece of scotch fillet steak, 1tbsp greens & carrots, 2 small pieces of potato, & some onion. (fit on small bread & butter plate & ate 2/3)

Liquid: 1.7ltr water, 1 cuppa tea.
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2009, 3:41 pm

I knew it would be simple !!! hehe...

Thanks for the links......... after a bit of sleep - its 1.30am here in Qld - and when my morning coffee hits my brain and shocks the few remaining cells into life i am going to enjoy reading through them and working out my statistics too.

Big hugs
Bella xx
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
El Jefe

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2009, 3:28 pm

cos -

OK. Here it goes. The 4 numbers after each item are - Calories, Fat, Carbohydrates, and Protein

Altogether, yesterday, I ate 2,055 Calories. 60g of fat 189g Carbohydrates and 137g of protein.

Everything I put in my mouth, I run through a website - www.sparkpeople.com It gives me a breakdown of everything I eat, and also gives me a breakdown on how many calories I burn with exercise. Yesterday, I did Water Aerobics for 1 hour. That burned 750 Calories. So, You take 2055 - 750 = 1305 This is what I put in yesterday.

Go here - http://health.discovery.com/tools/calculators/basal/basal.html and figure your Basal Metabolic Rate. Mine is roughly 2800 Calories a day. This is the amount of calories your body need to breathe, and your heart to beat. Since I have a fairly sedentary job, I can expect to use 1.2 times my BMR on a given day. 2800 x 1.2 = 3360.

So, we take the 3360, and take away what I put in, and We get this - 3360 - 1305 = 2055 That is my calorie deficit for yesterday. Now, Each pound of body fat is approximately 3500 calories. 2055 divided by 3500 = .58 pounds lost

It's not exactly spot on all the time, but over 7 days, I lost about 3 pounds. This works out. The reason we lose weight is simple mathematics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=138585
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2009, 2:56 pm

Hiya Jeff,

gosh...... i didnt understand your numerical breakdowns of your diet..........its soooo organised and technical.......omg What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 697586

is there a chance you can explain easily.....or is it top secret ??

I cannot see myself being so spot on with everything....... you continue to amaze Jeff.....brilliant !

karate
Bella :)
Back to top Go down
El Jefe
El Jefe

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2009, 2:45 pm

I posted this on my diary, thought it fit here too... This is what I ate yesterday:

a little over 2000 calories, 137g of Protein... I don't feel so bad, because I burned 750 calories at Water Aerobics...

Monday, February 9, 2009
Breakfast
Calories Fat Carbohydrates Protein
New Whey 42, 1 serving 176 0 2 42
Yogurt, Yoplait Light, Strawberry, 6 oz 100 0 19 5
Tuna, Starkist Chunk White Albacore in Water, 3 serving 210 6 0 39
Meal Totals 486 6 21 86

Lunch
Schlotzsky's Deli Turkey Original (regular), 0.5 serving 411 16 41 26
Lays Potato Chips, Classic, 2 oz 300 20 30 4
Meal Totals 711 36 71 30

Dinner
Chicken Empanada, On The Border (2 empanadas), 1 serving 390 10 25 11 (Yummy!!!!)
Pacifico Clara, 6 oz 73 0 0 0 ( Yes, I had half a beer.... )
Tortilla Chips, 0.15 bag (7-1/2 oz) 75 4 9 1
Salsa, 3 cup 168 0 36 6
Meal Totals 706 14 70 18

Snack
Nabisco, 100 Calorie Pack, Oreo Thin Crisps, 23 gram(s) 100 2 19 1
Spectravite - Advanced Formula, 1 serving 2 0 0 0 (My vitamins)
Popcorn (Act II - Light Butter), 2 cup 50 2 8 2
Meal Totals 152 4 27 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=138585
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you eat yesterday?
Page 23 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next