Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 10:20 am

ok
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/extremeshoppingonline
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:36 am

Ellen put it in the general thread with the title 'HELP BLOCKAGE' that will get answers quick
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:27 am

Saw it :)
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:26 am

i posted on the other thread ... try some hot green tea sipped
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:24 am

Either throw up or drink coke and hope for the best. If that doesn't work, i'll be back there next week with him sticking something into my stomach to put the blockage thru. But that is risky as some of the stitches can come away.......

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 595690
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:21 am

what did the surgeon say?
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:02 am

Thanks Trishah :) I've just come back from the surgeons and I have a blockage... stoopid me!! I thought I was ok!! I have just started a thread about it to see if there are any ideas on what to do. Right now, I can't eat a thing Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 878453
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 2:45 am

you will do fish easy ellen if it has some sort of sauce like tartar or white sauce or mayo, so if thats on the menu you will be good to go. I went out the other day and had some steamed fish and mango mayo...so gooood and just went down with out a bother.

Everyone on our March thread is handling fish well too.

Quiche is also a good choice. So check if either is on the menu and your good to go
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012, 1:19 am

Glad you got the disgoostin' black stuff Val... it's a godsend.

Love your food ideas Guest. I'm a big fan of smoked salmon so I'll get a small pack in the next grocery run.

Val, since I got really sick last week, I was desperately trying to think of something I could eat that wasn't like yoghurts etc. I tried a piece of multigrain toast, cut off the crusts and put butter & promite on it. I took very small bites to test it out and got thru just over 1/4 first try. But I can now eat the whole slice, slowly. I've also been eating watermelon which has been lovely and I have my own little tub of lemon sorbet in the freezer.

I've got a conference on the gold coast t go to next month and I'm really worried about what I can eat. It's at the same venue as last year so I know the foods that will be on offer and I'll be ok. Just the big gala dinner will be a worry but I'm thinking of contacting the organisers to see if some soup can be made for me.

Fun times hey Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 217555
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 4:38 am

have you tried cruskits Val...you can have them at this stage... I was craving something yesterday and had a cruskit with vegemite and it was wonderful to crunch something again.

Refried beans with cheese on top and popped in the micro then topped with a little light sour cream is nice and you can use some cut up cruskits to dip into it

Cottage cheese is nice and you can stir it through baked beans and heat...well I like it

salmon with boiled egg mashed into it and some low fat mayo... you can top this on cruskits or eat alone.

smoked salmon on cruskits is allowed too and is nice if you tee it with some philly cheese.

you can eat cubes of cheddar cheese

With your mouth ulcers etc its sounds like you need a good dose of vitamin B and I am pretty sure we need a sub lingual one (dissolves under the tounge) as the part of the stomach that processes vit b12 is now cut away
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 4:27 am

Trish so sorry what happended to hubby, what a releif that he is now able to live a normal life.

Yes antidepression tablets, thats part of my diet also, menopause was the killer for me, thought I was going looney tunes - not nice I can assure you.

Thanks Ellen got some of that repulsive tar gunk - feels much better now.

Ellen what are you eating of a day??????????? Looking for diffferent foods, brains gone foggy and soft.

Bloody weather is awful has been raining all day, off to watch some TV
Val
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 2:21 am

I'm sorry about what happened to your hubby Trishah, that must have been the worst time ever for you, your kids and him if he had any idea what the go was. How tragic.

Antidepressants are a necessary evil of modern day life, aren't they. I take cymbalta 60mg per day and they are supposed to be weight neutral. It worked fine for ages, but I think the weight gain got worse for me when my parents decided to move close to us last year. Sort of knew there would be more pressure etc... tho funny thing is, it's been mum having to help me. I broke my leg after I turned 50 in September. Had just semi recovered from Bells Palsy in August after a hernia op. I think in my mind the stress of having them close was doing my head in so the heavier my eating became. Weird what our own minds will do to us. My father, actually, my whole family disagreed with me having surgery. But he's the only one who has bee visibility nasty about it. Eat time he sees me it's like I'm something that should crawl back under a rock... anyway, it's his loss I figure. I'm already off the blood pressure meds, and once I'm fully recovered from this bout of pneumonia, I'll be find. I'm almost down to 85kg now, which will be an 11kg loss since surgery 21.3.2012 :)

I am so glad your hubby has been able to make a really good recovery. So much for the stooges saying he wouldn't improve... just glad he had the spirit, and you the determination to show them 'never' is not in your vocabulary!

I'm off to take my youngest out shopping for some new winter gear. Have an excellent day!

mermaid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 12:44 am

mine started after I had the kids...pretty typical story...stuck at home...lose confidence.. eat ...get fat. Then 12 years ago my hubby was hit by a truck while doing a triathalon and suffered brain damage. He couldnt string two words together or feed himself...so I got myslelf on antidepressants to give myself some steel and they packed on about 50 kilos to be friends with the 20 I was already over.

Luckily, time and a lot of rehab and medication and the husband (even though I was told he would never improve) is back to his former self, all be it with some aches and pains from the broken back and other varying broken bits. He doesnt complain though and is very successful in a management job...

So after all that tripe and hard ship I went for the band that worked, then went arse up so I am backing up for the sleeve....holy cow it better work.
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySun 15 Apr 2012, 12:19 am

LOL... same here, super skinny as a kid! I finally left the house of horrors (lol) at 17 and promptly got food poisoning from trying to cook. Thank god I lived right near the old Chinatown in Sydney. I'd just buy chinese takeaway for dinner each night after that.

I think my problems with weight began during the partying I did for many years before I had kids, and then in between etc. And over the last few years it got worse because I sold my real estate business, moved to the south coast to be with hubby, and set up the online business. Sitting & working from home can soooo be your enemy. But it's what I wanted to do to be here more for the kids and step off the crazy rollercoaster :)

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 542174
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 11:32 pm

yeah well get the bucket ready cos my dad was an avid fisherman in his spare time and mum would make soup out of the heads an tails.... needless to say I ate a lot of bread and jam as a kid.

Actually my mainstay as a little tacker was frankfurts and sauce... as i got older...round 8 I was expected to join in on the adult diet of offal and fish head soup.... cacky yuck...no wonder I was a skinny kid.

I recon I turned to crap food because I was under fed on foods I hated or had the yack factor as a kid... it was a pleasant surprise to my taste buds the first time I ate real pizza....
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 11:28 pm

Ewwww... Trishah.... I had to scroll quickly thru the unmentionable attrocities on your last post! Gross!!! My parents were and still are the same. The things they crave, I'd be heaving. I wonder how many kids were like us, traumatised little underfed vegetarians sitting there!! lol

I think back in the day, there was always bread & butter at the table, lots of gravy, and usually a dessert? That would have made a difference. Plus, as we know, with all the fast foods now, plus the 'harmless antibiotics' given to our meats, processed foods, kids & people are taller.... and wider. So they need a bit more food, but because of the availability everywhere, they eat more and get used to it. That could be why.

You forgot to mention the carcass of the chicken was often used with milk to make a chicken soup too! lol Actually, chicken & fish were the only things I'd eat.

I often wonder at how much of our weight battles would be non existent if we had no fast food drive thrus... we didn't have them as kids. If you wanted a burger, wow... the greek take aways always made the best. Anyway, enough talking of food, I think I'm going to heave over things that should remain unnamed.... Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 64827
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 11:13 pm

Lordy, Lordy... how I remember tripe, cows tounge, brains and liver. Brrrrrr.

I can clearly cast my mind back to a rather poor christmas when instead of ham there was pressed tounge on the table as a centre peice... my stomach still lurches at the thought.

Memories of my mother soaking the big cows tounge in a bowl of salted water then skinning it...I can still see the green grass stain running down the middle of it.

Brains... Oh please no... skinned and boiled in white parsley sauce... or crumbed and fried up. Either way ...no way.

Liver was passable though still horrid stuff.

Cheap cuts of meat they were and I hated them. Mum would cut up off cuts and make brawn in jelly... again I hated it.

The only saviour I had as a kid was Sunday night roast chicken.....now, if aaaaaaaaanyone can tell me how my mother fed 4 adult boys, a husband, herself and me as a child and any blow ins, on 1 chook and veges and have enough for fry up and sangas the next day I will give em a dollar...cos buggar me it takes 2 chooks to feed my family of 4.
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 10:51 pm

Oh Val, you poor bugger!!! A huge abcess on your nether regions.... that's awful! I used to suffer from boils on my butt as a kid and not only was it painful, it was so embarrassing when they'd burst, often at school.

There was a treatment you can still get called Ichthammol cream. You can buy it from the chemist. Follow the instructions on pack. From memory, you put gauze over the cream. I remember going to school with it packed into my pants :( It's a nasty black tar looking stuff, but don't be put off, it's effective. See if you can get to a chemist today to get some Val.

Are you taking vitamins? I have just started Supradyn. It's like a berocca. I take it in icy cold water & imagine it's a soft drink! lol

I rarely ate meat growing up and my parents didn't know enough to supplement my diet with another protein like egg or cheese with the vegetables I'd eat. Gawd... being born in 1961 with parents who thought tripe & cows tongue sandwiches were the norm... who could blame me? lol It was a sign of the times I guess.... blerk.... will not be mentioned again, I wanna be sick!!! lol

Get the Ichthammol, and once it's subsiding, even try a soaking of your butt in a 1/2 bath of rock salt and very warm water. The natural salt will really help it dry out. The half bath I'm talking of are the ones they use in hospitals and you sit them on a chair. I used one like that for piles after my first child. Best cure ever.

You'll be right Val. The best thing about the disgusting black tar is that you can use it when you feel another one starting to form and get to it before it does. There's lots to read on google about them under home remedies.

I just had a horrible thought. I wonder how much of the cellulite, formerly dimples lol, were in fact pock marks from all the boils I had as a kid? Crikey!!

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 68366
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 7:46 am

Oh Ellen, sorry I missed your posts. Hope you are feeling much better now.

I have been terribly run down, cranky etc and wella a huge abcess appearedCan't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 595828 Have not been able to sit down for about a week. Still hasnt disappeared yet, antiboics have not done a damm thing.

Blame it all on the SurgeryCan't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 2329

Val
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 2:56 am

Nah.... I've loved it for years! Oh... just one teeensy little bite!!! It's just not worth the pain from eating it though, hey! lol I just managed some weetbix blended with banana, sugar & skim milk. 'Ate' about a tablespoon... can't say I was rapt :( lol

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 595690
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 2:45 am

ba ha... I thought I was the only one that loved burnt, cold, crunchy toast with butter and vegemite... I like the butter thick too...

It was my quiet shame.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 12:58 am

Thanks Trishah, you're a lovely lady, I can tell. I'm sitting here smelling the burnt toast the kids just made and remembering the good old (bad old) days of eating cold burnt toast with butter and vegemite... sigh. That will be a thing of the past.

I'm just wondering what to whip up for breakfast. I'd love some porridge but haven't been to the supermarket all week. Might have a bit of weetbix (blerk! lol). It's a good sign I'm thinking about eating something though! lol

Cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 12:14 am

i am glad your feeling better sweety, I was thinking about you last night.

Mine was only a mild dose but the sweat poured out of me and the body aches were terrible. I didnt have the chest pain etc that you have but you are in a way worse spot than I was.

Keep taking those antibiotics and hopefully you will sweat it all out.

keep me posted!
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptySat 14 Apr 2012, 12:02 am

Ahhh... if it was just a cold, I'd cope. I didn't get any flu symptoms at all bar the temperates, aches & pains, especially in the chest & back. I'm starting to feel a bit better today and managed to get 6 hours sleep. I took panadol at 10.30pm then woke up drenched around midnight... It was a weird feeling. I wear this bug shaped sleeping mask that covers the bridge of the nose too and it was all drenched so I felt like I was under water! lol Anyway, I'm getting there, that's the main thing. I've just started on some supradyn vitamins in icy water and it's going down ok. So much better than cutting up tablets :)

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 65317
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 8:24 am

That is a case of really bad timing. Golly, getting over the sleeve is bad enough without a cold too. God bless the little kids though. Good helpers.

Ellen50 wrote:
I was given the same machine too ozrick and used it religiously for the first few days out of hospital. I thought that would be enough. But I hugged my son's girlfriend as they were leaving last Sunday... and THEN she told me she was feeling really sick and coming down with the flu. I started to feel off later than evening. I put it down to something in the taramosalata that didn't agree with me and it was only the following night that I checked my temperature and realised that something was wrong. I couldn't even post my mail that day! lol I got on the panadol and the younger 2 kids helped out enormously to get the parcels out, but it was all history from there. Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol 878453

Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next