Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renshen

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Tue 14 May 2013, 10:44 am

Hi,

I'm from the UK originally, now live on the Gold Coast in Australia. I had my sleeve operation on 4th December in Southport by Dr Nolan and am extremely happy with the results.

My brother still lives in the UK and is really struggling with his weight. Its obviously in the genes! He's a trucker and has never been this big in his life. He just cant shift it and is frightened for his health. He has seen my journey and is keen to save up and have the surgery himself. But we have no idea of what the Bariatric Surgery landscape is like in the UK. I've done some googling and it concerns me that lots of the places doing it are general cosmetic places. I feel that a specific bariatric surgeon would be more reliable.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions of UK surgeons to approach for information. My brother lives near Liverpool and Manchester but realistically he would travel to the best surgeon if need be.

Thanks in hopeful anticipation
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:16 am

Hi i was wondering how all our uk sleevers are going,i come from the uk myself but been in Australia for 24 years
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Hello UK Sleevers   Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:51 am

Hi everyone,

I thought I would tap into your thread.

I was sleeved in March 2011 and travelling well.

I have just booked a 25 day tour which starts in mid May 2012 in London and I will be there a few days before the tour commences.
I would love to meet anyone that wishes to meet up.

Hope you are all travelling well on your journeys.

Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:49 pm

Hey!

It is great to see more peeps from the UK

I am over a year out and I've lost 66lb (30kg) and not that far from my surgeon's goal... 18lb!!

I know I am not the fastest loser, but this is the ONLY way I have EVER been able to lose weight in my adult life.

If any of you have questions.... give us a shout! x
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:30 pm

Hi, UKsers!

I was sleeved on 7 July weighing in at 126 kgs. I've lost 14 kgs already, but haven't dropped any sizes - excepting 8 cms from waist. Everything has gone...well...flabby (as opposed to it being solid before I lost some weight).

Just started on purees and am having no problems at all (except the dreaded constipation). Tried everything, but it is slow in shifting!
Back to top Go down
jane_uk

PostSubject: Just pass three week mark   Tue 02 Aug 2011, 12:23 am

Hi all I was sleeved on the 8th July I weighed 17.06 stone,  I lost 9 pounds on the liver reduction diet in 9 days so was pretty chuffed with that.  Last weigh in was 29th July and I was 15.12 stone so again I'm really pleased.  Surgery and recovery have been fab,  Prof B Ammori at Spire hospital Manchester was my surgeon and I couldnt recommend him enough he is just fab.  LOVE MY SLEEVE ALREADY.   Just on soft foods now and doing ok love how little it takes to feel satisfied. 
I'm so excited about the future and feel a weight ( excuse the pun) has been lifted off my shoulders in regards of controlling my eating,  making it easy to choose the right foods..

My dress size has dropped too from a 22 to 18 hehe...
Back to top Go down
sonnysgirl

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: RE; ANY UK SLEEVERS   Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

Thanks mamacoops you,ve made me feel a bit better; i've just been feeling a bit sorry for myself.
My starting weight was 17 stone and i'd love to get down to about 10 (cos i'm only 5'4"), but realistically i think i'd be happy to get below 12.
I've only just found this site, so it'll be good to keep dipping in to see how everyone's doing.
Thanks again for the support
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:23 pm

sonnysgirl wrote:
Hi, my name's Di and I'm from the uk - London/Essex borders.
I had the sleeve exactly 2 months ago tomorrow and although i'm loosing weight (2 1/2 stone) i'm feeling really depressed and i don't think i'll ever get used to this feeling you get after only about 2 mouthfuls of anything. I always seem to be burping, and you can hear the noises my stomach is making. Please will somebody come on and tell me it gets better because at the moment i'm regretting every having had the op

Hiya Sonnysgirl...
It DOES get better... HONEST!
I am just over a year out and I can eat more now, comfortably, tham in the early days...
The full feeling is weird after such a small amount isn't it... and you will get used to it. I still occasionally weigh my food and I can at between 6-8oz in one go... depending on the consisitency of the food.

You are still in the 'early' days... 8 weeks... you tiny tummy is still adjusting and healing... and your mind is still confused!! just bear with it and it will all make sense soon.
Oh and by the way... congrats on such an amazing start... how much would you like to lose in total? =]
Back to top Go down
sonnysgirl

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: re: any UK sleevers   Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:22 pm

Hi, my name's Di and I'm from the uk - London/Essex borders.
I had the sleeve exactly 2 months ago tomorrow and although i'm loosing weight (2 1/2 stone) i'm feeling really depressed and i don't think i'll ever get used to this feeling you get after only about 2 mouthfuls of anything. I always seem to be burping, and you can hear the noises my stomach is making. Please will somebody come on and tell me it gets better because at the moment i'm regretting every having had the op
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Thu 02 Jun 2011, 1:06 am

Hey Pominoz,
what's up???
Back to top Go down
pominoz

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Tue 31 May 2011, 1:37 am

Arrrrhhhhhh!!!!

Sorry just need to scream sometimes! being an English person in Oz is not always the easiest!
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Sat 12 Mar 2011, 12:16 am

Hiya Stew,
the first couple of weeks are defo the hardest, yep take it nice and slow. I was advised to stop eating ater 20 - 30 mins regardless of how much I could eat, and I tend to stick to that rule now too. You body takes some time to adjust ... I focused on healing and making sure I drank enough throughout the day, sipping all the way.
Once you move on the stages it does get a lot easier but again, it will take some time and patience to see what foods you can tolerate. To be honest, I still weigh my food now, obviously I can eat a lot more now than in the beginning so I need to keep an eye on volume of food... I never put more than 7-8oz of food on my plate and depending on the density will depend on how much of it I can eat. Generally it is between 5-7oz now.

As you lose weight, you will also find it a lot easier to move around and do some exercise. This for me was a real motivator... I exercise at least 4 times a week now and am feeling great for it!! Just waiting to see the results on the scales or via the tape measure...lol
Oh, have you taken your measurements? If not DO IT!! It is another way to monitor how your body is changing!

Anyway, I've rattled on too much... if you have any questions, please give me a shout =]
Back to top Go down
gibb100503

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: hi   Mon 07 Mar 2011, 8:35 am

hi, youre doing well,

well im just 3 weeks post op. and my weight seems to be slowing down to a crawl, just before the op. i lost 14 lbs, then 8, then 4, and last week, 2 lbs, but saying that,

firstly im only on puree so not eating much, also i expect my body has gone into starvation mode, and also i had an infection so ive not moved around much,

how did you get on at the beginning , did you find you have to eat really slow, and what foods did you find were better for you.

thanks for any info.

take care

stew
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsuperobese.co.uk
mamacoops
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Sun 06 Mar 2011, 11:04 pm

Hiya Stew,
I am in the UK... South Wales.... and I was sleeved 8mths ago!
It is a great tool and by the look on your ticker you are doing well before the sleeve, I am sure your results are gonna be fab!

I am a really slow loser but managed to get rid of 4 stone of lard so far, so just over half way for me!
This is a great site to gain info and support from... if you have any questions, fire away!

All the best

=]
Back to top Go down
gibb100503

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: ANY UK SLEEVERS   Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:40 pm

hi, im from london uk, and im 3 weeks post op, is there any others from london area, or anywhere in the uk.

glad i had it done, looking forward to my new life.

stew
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrsuperobese.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANY UK SLEEVERS   

Back to top Go down

ANY UK SLEEVERS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Sleevers Around the World :: Global Sleevers :: Sleevers Europe-
Jump to: