AuthorMessage
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

by-pass for constipation cure? Empty
PostSubject: Re: by-pass for constipation cure?   by-pass for constipation cure? EmptySat 02 Mar 2013, 5:40 am

glenmaree wrote:
Hi

I have been bypassed and have chronic constipation which I didn't have before the bypass. I have 2 scoops of osmolax daily and take senna/coloxyl extra strength - 2 per day. I suggest you do some more research as being bypassed brings it's on set of issues.

When constipation first started my dietitan put me on a FODmap program in case this was the cause but no go

Good luck with it

G

Thank you so much for this info. I thought the by-pass might help, but sounds like it does not.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: by-pass for constipation cure?   by-pass for constipation cure? EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 12:35 pm

You're quite welcome.

Maybe give the pear juice a whirl, or what the other ladies have suggested.

Have you spoken to a doctor or your surgeon about your chronic constipation? What have they suggested to ease it?
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: by-pass for constipation cure?   by-pass for constipation cure? EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 12:29 pm

I have suffered from long term constipation and have recently tried psyllium husk and it has solved all my problems. One table spoon in the morning with my drink and plenty of water through out the day.( I am not yet sleeved)
Best of luck

Btgirl
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: by-pass for constipation cure?   by-pass for constipation cure? EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 10:23 am

Hi

I have been bypassed and have chronic constipation which I didn't have before the bypass. I have 2 scoops of osmolax daily and take senna/coloxyl extra strength - 2 per day. I suggest you do some more research as being bypassed brings it's on set of issues.

When constipation first started my dietitan put me on a FODmap program in case this was the cause but no go

Good luck with it

G
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: Re: by-pass for constipation cure?   by-pass for constipation cure? EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 10:15 am

Yes I do drink lots of water each day but haven't tried pear juice. I find eating apples helps but since I'm limited to how much food I can eat I find it all too exhausting. I never had a problem before the sleeve and that's what's so disappointing.

Thanks for your response though - I appreciate your help.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: by-pass for constipation cure?   by-pass for constipation cure? EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 9:50 am

I have had bad problems in that department before and not had laxatives or anything work and the end result with a trip to hospital certainly wasn't fun..

I know you've tried everything under the sun (as you said), but are you definitely getting enough water every day?

For me personally, if I don't drink at least 2 litres of water a day I can't go the next day.

Pear juice has always been a good quick fix at times too.

Sorry to hijack with other options.. If those 2 above don't help at all, hopefully a different solution (bypass) will.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: by-pass for constipation cure?   by-pass for constipation cure? EmptySat 23 Feb 2013, 9:44 am

Since my sleeve 2 years ago, I suffer from chronic constipation. I bleed regularly and am in pain with gas etc. I've tried every laxative under the sun and take metamucil in my tea every morn and night.

I heard a while back from a lady who actually converted her sleeve to a by-pass in order to cure her chronic constipation.

Has anyone else experienced this benefit from by-pass surgery? Has anyone's doctor recommended the by-pass in order to cure constipation problems?

by-pass for constipation cure? 281976
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: by-pass for constipation cure?   by-pass for constipation cure? Empty

Back to top Go down

by-pass for constipation cure?
Page 1 of 1