Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
D

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Going to wait 10 months... Empty
PostSubject: Hi little_y2   Going to wait 10 months... EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 2:11 am

This is only my way of thinking as what i would do as you are going to wait 10 months.
appoximately 12 weeks before your Operation get updated letters for your surgery from your GP/Surgeon etc as Apra may think they are two old as mine took from the 19th Feb until the 20th April to be finalised and payment into the Bank and that was without any hold ups or mistakes, The process what i had done as follows
GP letter current
Surgeon letter current
Surgeon out of pocket expenses invoice current
filled the Apra form out and checked and Re-checked that i had not made any mistakes
I emailed my paperwork to Apra, they responded to me via email saying the following
( Thank you for your email of 21 February 2010, regarding your application for the early release of superannuation benefits.
I have passed on the supporting information included in this email to our Release of Benefits department.
We aim to assess applications within 13 working days of receipt of the last piece of information requested by our assessing team. You can certainly continue to check on the progress of your application via email, or you may prefer to call our contact centre team on 1300 13 10 60 between 9am to 6pm Australian Eastern Time Monday to Friday.)

then after about the full amount 13 days they rang and said it was all approved, all i had to do was wait for the letter from them.

when i received my letter i then filled out the form from my Super fund which i had requested when asking if they allowed funds to be released and if any costs other than Tax were involved,
and followed that as per the requirements, make sure you get your proof of Identity done correctly i found the more i supplied to my Super fund the better, I photocopied my Drivers license,Medicare card and another card with a Photo ID from my Workplace then took them to the Local Police station they have a Stamp to certify that it was me then make sure is is signed with the local Police Officers name,Rank,Dated,and printed Name. Then all was sent to my Superfund and it can take up to 30 days legally to pay and no longer under APRA legislation if no mistakes are made. I hope this helps

Regards andrew
Back to top Go down
little_y2

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Going to wait 10 months... Empty
PostSubject: Going to wait 10 months...   Going to wait 10 months... EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 12:43 am

SO after having my second appointment with Dr Jorgensen and securring a surgery appointment, i went downstairs to get a quote from reception for my hospital stay and walked out aghast lol! Over $10k which whe i had on the surgeon etc is just too much to pull out of super, so i think im going to wait 10 more months when my waiting period with mbf is up and do it then. Im curious tho, will i have to start again with updated letters for apra and starting again from scratch with a referral for Dr Jorgensen do you think?

thanks guys :)
Back to top Go down

Going to wait 10 months...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: