Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 1:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone

Like some of you, I've learned the hard way that there are certain foods to totally avoid. The crippling back & chest pains are the worst, aren't they? Some of my old die hard habits just have to die a gruesome death... the salted chip... gone! But the good thing is my blood pressure has gone from being really high & needing meds to a very manageable reading without meds. I can't believe the foods in my former diet were poisoning my body.

I have a problem though. Since Sunday night, I've been having aches & pains all over my body and needed to have constant hot showers & take mersyndol forte to get some rest. I was very tired. I've been absolutely freezing. As it's been years since I had a temperature, it didn't occur to me that I might have had one. Last night, I got the kids to get the thermometer and sure enough, I had one. I get that cold chilly feeling in my chest when I breath deeply. I don't know if the back pain in between my shoulders & lower back, is from being in bed too long or not. And the worst is that I'm soooo incredibly thirsty! I wish I could skull a large glass of cold water like the old days.... sigh. I've been religiously drinking water since the op, and keep a bottle filled with me at all times.

Of course, I've checked the medical symptoms of a leak and I don't have any abdominal pain, so hopefully that's a good sign. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow. I have rung the surgeon, but they are not back until Thursday.

Best get some parcels packed here. I've got 56 parcels to pack and 2 kids at home from school holidays. One will help me, he's fantastic, but the other makes a trail of disaster mess wherever she goes. I call her 'Linus' for short... you know, the Charlie Brown character with flies buzzing about him?

Cheers

Ellen
Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 878453
Back to top Go down
http://www.stores.ebay.com.au/extremeshoppingonline

AuthorMessage
ozrick33
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 8:24 am

That is a case of really bad timing. Golly, getting over the sleeve is bad enough without a cold too. God bless the little kids though. Good helpers.

Ellen50 wrote:
I was given the same machine too ozrick and used it religiously for the first few days out of hospital. I thought that would be enough. But I hugged my son's girlfriend as they were leaving last Sunday... and THEN she told me she was feeling really sick and coming down with the flu. I started to feel off later than evening. I put it down to something in the taramosalata that didn't agree with me and it was only the following night that I checked my temperature and realised that something was wrong. I couldn't even post my mail that day! lol I got on the panadol and the younger 2 kids helped out enormously to get the parcels out, but it was all history from there. Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 878453

Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 8:13 am

I was given the same machine too ozrick and used it religiously for the first few days out of hospital. I thought that would be enough. But I hugged my son's girlfriend as they were leaving last Sunday... and THEN she told me she was feeling really sick and coming down with the flu. I started to feel off later than evening. I put it down to something in the taramosalata that didn't agree with me and it was only the following night that I checked my temperature and realised that something was wrong. I couldn't even post my mail that day! lol I got on the panadol and the younger 2 kids helped out enormously to get the parcels out, but it was all history from there. Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 878453

Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 5:34 am

Getting a new GP sounds like a great idea. I was given some machine to suck on every hour before I left hospital to try and keep the lungs dry. Really hated using it but after reading this I am glad they gave it to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 1:27 am

Thanks Trishah Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 1:01 am

I think finding a new GP is a good move... and if your like me, you dont go to the quack very often unless you have a leg hanging off or want a referal. So it would not bother me paying the extra if I knew the treatment I was getting was A1.

I can imagine you would have been in a state of worry, I sure as heck know I would have been.

This will clear up quickly now thank goodness and you will be back to giving them all cheek in no time.

Biiiiig hug sweet pea....Im so happy for you
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 12:54 am

Thanks Trishah, I'm with you... so glad it wasn't a leak! I was in a state of panic most of the afternoon... more over the expense combined with a longer recovery period... and more hospital slop! lol Sorry to hear you had something similar but sounds like you caught it earlier than mine did.

If my GP had just listened to me and given me the antibiotics, I'd have been right. Gottarhyme, I'm with you, I hate taking antibiotics and things have to be pretty rough before I'd ask. But to be refused at the one time I knew I needed them was a joke. I will be changing doctors now to another surgery not too far away that charges for appt times. They are supposed to be very good. I don't want this ever happening again. He has no experience with gastric sleeve and when he asked me to lay down and pressed all over my abdomen, nothing hurt until he pressed into my little stomach. Idiot, ofcourse that's going to hurt! lol

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 487524

Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 12:06 am

Thanks for the clarification!

Some GPs should be taken to task! With the internet, and an inside knowledge of your own body, you can basically go in armed with what YOU think might be wrong and ask for clarification from the GP!

I know that a lot don't like to give out antibiotics willy nilly, and agree with that, but when you have just had surgery! Sheesh! Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 595690
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 9:28 pm

aaaaaaah so it was your lungs... yeah see I got that too but was lucky enough to get it up before it got as far as yours you poor lil buggar. I know mine made me feel like a wet rag and the temp and headache and body aches were horrid.

My doc said the same as yours about it being common. Something about the anaesthetic plus the fact that we dont breath deep enough after the op because of the pressure it puts on our new tummies.

Anyway I am glad its a reasonably easy fix. Keep trying to huff it up while your on the antibiotics cos it will help shift it faster.

So happy you came back and told us the results...even happier its not a leak....
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Hi Gottarhyme

Sorry, I should clarify, it wasn't the surgeon who said it at all, it was my GP. The GP was ticked off I think by having my surgeon call him and direct him to give me antibiotics to treat the lung infection. The GP had already refused to give me antibiotics the day before after he listened to my chest and said it was all clear... regardless of the fact that I was complaining of aches, pains & mainly in the chest & in the same spot in my back.

I just want to get better again. I've barely eaten a thing for days, just meds, lots of water & sustagen....

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 697586

Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 4:17 pm

You poor baby! Please tell your surgeon that I never got a lung infection, and I don't know anyone on this entire forum who has had a lung infection after this surgery apart from you! He should not make sweeping generalisations like that to cover up his incompetence!
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 4:02 pm

Hey Trishah, gottarhyme & curvylana

Sorry I didn't get back sooner.

The surgeon rang me at 4.30pm and said I had an infection in my lung and he wanted me to go on antibiotics. I raced down to the doctors and waited to get the script... and something for the nausea from the dye.

I could tell he wasn't a happy camper being told to give me antibiotics and he said that everyone who has major surgery ends up with the same lung infection... I said but yes, but are they making everyone else sick like this? If he had listened to me the day before, and just given me the antibiotics I'd asked for when I explained the pain was mainly in my chest and in the same spot in my back, this could have been avoided I guess. The weird thing is, there is no coughing for signs of a flu... it's just completely silent except for the temperatures.

I crashed when I got home. My fever had started again, took panadol then fell asleep waking in a horrible sweat. I'm up again now because it's come back and rather than toss & turn upsetting hubby, thought I'd come out and let you all know what has happened.

Thanks so much for your wonderful concern ladies. Let me say I am SUPER RELIEVED it wasn't a leak! I was dreading the extra expense for one.... anyway, that's no longer on the cards so I can breath easy, once I have my full lung capacity back again! lol

Cheers

Ellen
Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 135961
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 2:22 pm

Just read this thread! What an ordeal! You poor thing! I am glad you are better now! Sorry I missed this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 9:30 am

beautiful photo... beautiful child!

Mine were nice once...then they grew up. My eldest(25) was on the phone all nasally and whiney cos she has the flu and wants me to fix her...she is in Brisvegas Im down her on the mid north coast NSW....struth honestly blardy kids.
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 9:21 am

That is my youngest, the ginger ninga.. she has a spirit and a strength that at 8 I wish i had at 38.. and it reflects on her picy.

Love her.. and her sister, whose just a year older and polar opposite but just as lovely.

Aww warm fuzzies, my babies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 9:12 am

Is that your baby girl in that pic curvy one
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 8:01 am

Welcome t what i had two wks ago.. it lasted seven days and i thought i was dying and then Bang - GONE.

Lost near four kg in three days from sweat, and it is a virus, a nasty grotty one, soon a nauseoius feeling will hit ya tum and you will feel like vomitting but won;'t be able to..

Sorry wish i had good news. But it does end. XX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 7:54 am

any word?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 6:35 am

oh you poor lil snausage... I will wait along side you for the results... it must be worrying you. I know the worst would be chewing at me. I shall hope for a virus... because that will pass or better yet a mild infection that antibiotics will fix.

I am seriously worried for you at the moment so will hang around and wait for you to get your answer... surely it will be in an hour or two....for your sake the sooner the better!
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 5:45 am

It came on Sunday night. I was sitting at my laptop and feeling a bit peckish so thought I'd have some of the caviar dip I have been able to eat occasionally. I remember feeling that it didn't sit right and without knowing, I must have had a temperature that night. It didn't occur to me to check until the next day and I did. It's been a pattern of temperatures every 6 hours since, violently shaking when I get too cold, panadol. Hardly any food, just been able to keep down water of which I've been craving like mad... icy cold. If it's a virus, it's the weirdest one I've ever had because it's not got the flu symptoms, just aches, pains & fever. :(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 5:37 am

oh Ellen... now Im worried. So did this come on suddenly or gradually over the last few days.

I will keep my fingers crossed its all clear.. when with the results be through
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 5:35 am

Ugh! The surgeon rang back and I had to have an urgent cat scan. They are horrible with the dye. I've never had one before. I came home an hour ago and promptly threw up. Not that there was anything to throw up of course. He rang my doctor and told him what to do and it went smoothly from there. When the doctor pressed on my new stomach, man, that hurt! Hoping that's normal and not a sign.

I'm waiting now for the doctor to call me with the results of the cat scan. Hopefully it's not a leak. I've heard that's the worst. I read all of the lady who had a leak (can't remember her id) before I had the op and figured it's rare, and surely it couldn't happen to me....

Either way, I just need all this to be better... I look like a goth without makeup. No colour in my face and dark circles and bags around the eyes.

I'll keep you posted.

:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 1:59 am

Starting to sound like gallbladder to me... sometimes you can get sludgy stuff in there as you lose weight and you get a bit of an infection and it feels flu like.

Did your doc feel your gall... its under your ribs on the oposite side to your heart... if its infected it will be tender to pressure... you have to lay down to feel it.

I was having the sweats everytime I did something, even small stuff but it seems to have passed now and as of yesterday I can get down a litre of water during the day if I am constantly on it... still an effort though.

You poor buggar, I can only imagine how you feel. Let me know what the surgeon says.. you definitely have something going on there that needs seeing to
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 12:44 am

Hey Trishah

I went to see the doctor yesterday, but truly, I think he was as useless as tits on a bull! When I got initial referral for surgery, it was from his boss who was standing in for him as he'd had to fly to India. I should have made the appt with his boss because when I asked my doctor if he had any experience with Gastric Sleeve Surgery, he said no, not in this area.

When I explained that I'm having temperatures and getting freezing cold & shaking every 6 hours, all he did was check my chest and back of my throat. The only relief I get is when I take panadol and then it makes me sweat my guts out. I said I was soooo incredibly thirsty all the time & that I wasn't eating much. Though I've not got nausea, the smell of foods that I've been able to manage are making me feel ill at the thought of them.

I am an ebay seller with a really busy store, but put it on vacation settings yesterday for a few days to try and ride this thing out. I had 74 parcels to pack & send yesterday and on the way back from Nowra, I was beset by the freezing fits so bad I had to put up the heater really high. Of course, the kids were complaining. The pain I've got in the aches is in the middle of my back and in my chest. There's no abdominal pain. And he said my chest is clear. Clearly, it's not the flu and it's been going on a bit too long now I reckon.

Anyway, waiting on the surgeon to call me back. He wasn't available until today as the office was closed.

Off to rip off some clothing now as I've had my panadol and the sweats are starting..... Crikey!!

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 135961
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Apr 2012, 2:51 am

yes it can.. I was running a temp and had body aches with it.

It could also be your gallbladder if you have pain in the back high up... I know that can produce flu like symptoms and back pain if it starts getting tickled up.

Post in the feb thread...a few of the girls in there have had problems with gall after the op.

If thats the case you might need some antibiotics

If the pain in the back is low down then perhaps a kidney or bladder thing...again antibiotics. Have you tried ural to see if it helps with the back pain. If it does then go see the quack cos you got your self a bladder or kidney bug... not surprising if you had a catheter in the op.
Back to top Go down
Ellen50
Ellen50

Female

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 11:57 pm

Thanks for the advice Trishah :)

I was given one of those breathing exercise apparatus on day 2 while in hospital and used it religiously, even when I got back. I wonder if somehow fluid has built up again? Would that cause temperatures, aches & pains? It feels like I've got wind in my back and I'm thirsty all the time. Have been chugging down lots of water whenever I can.

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 217555
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 10:45 pm

Hey Ellen I had this and it was a little fluid in the bottom of the lungs that was from the op and not moving around physically enough to get it up.

The doc told me to take a really deep breath ...a super biiiig breath in to fill up to the bottom of my lungs then huff it out really fast...not blow but huff if you know what I mean... it will make you cough... you have to huff really fast, fast enough to blow out a candle.

This will pull up the crap laying in the bottom.

you have to do it 3 times in a row and 4 times a day... after 2 times I got it all up and have been better since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol   Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't wait for 12 months to pass! lol
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: