AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 10:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Had a bit of a giggle today when I really felt I had overeaten on the basis of overeating at lunch...
Thought this might be a fun list to add to....(feel free to join in)

You know you're a sleever when
-- two quarters of a chicken and lettuce sandwich = you've eaten too much
-- everyone else leaves the buffet with laden plates, and yours contains half-a-devilled egg, half-a-cherry tomato and two tablespoons of any mushy protein (fish, chicken, stew etc)
-- you order a kid's meal at the restaurant and still send a full plate back at the end of the meal...

Your turn...

cheers

S
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 9:16 am

.......you have a bruise on your back cos your spine sticks out and you knock it on the rides at Luna park! .......and all the ride safety bars go down too!
Back to top Go down
mezzalini
mezzalini

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jul 2012, 8:43 am

You have to o buy ne specs cos your head is getting thinner
Back to top Go down
Daydreamer
Daydreamer

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Jul 2012, 12:05 pm

when you are shouted FREE pizza at work at you can't even finish a slice!!!
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Jul 2012, 6:30 am

You know you are a sleever when you buy size 14 short shorts off ebay but when they arrive they are actually a size 12, but you dont have to get stroppy at the Ebay seller as you know within a month you will fit them anyway and you do!!

You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 65317
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Nessa

Female
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2012-02-14

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 5:00 am

I'll see what happens after I return to work after nearly 6 weeks off, if anyone notices anything different about me.
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 4:24 am

You know you're a sleever when you have your 40th birthday party and people walk right pass you and ask others for you ......
Thats crazy but love it ........ most of my guest had seen me at 126.5 kilos .....and a bit of a shock now at 87kilos .....

Love my sleeve
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 4:18 am

You know you're a sleever when you meet a new friend after 2months of meeting them ..... and you say out of the blue talking about weight of cos ........ ..i was a bigger person before much bigger like (126.5kilos) and they say to you wow ...... i could not imagine you at that size .........What a moment i had .......

Back to top Go down
pixelgypsy

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 12:15 pm

Your fake tan tube lasts longer as there is less surface area to cover.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 12:13 pm

When your best friend that you are meetingfor coffee (that I see every week) drives past you because I was wearing clothes she had not seen me in before.
Back to top Go down
sharona333

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 4:34 am

You know you're a sleever when you buy something that's a little bit too tight and I say to my husband, don't worry I will shrink into it You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 542174
Back to top Go down
danstar
Part of the furniture
danstar

Female
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 11:42 am

I love this forum :) cant wait to add mine You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 2329
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 10:46 am

You know your sleeved when you go into the Jay Jays store and actually fit into there size 16 skinny jeans and can shop at all the normal cloths stores like Supre , Rockmans , suzanne grae , Katies , Cotton On Etc ..... Love my sleeve
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 11:33 am

You pack up your Easter eggs and take them to work to share with the workmates....because you can't stomach so much chocolate anymore!
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 11:56 am

You know your sleeved when for whatever reason you feel like eating more food, but your tiny tummy is full and says "no, no ,no". Instead of eating you get to consider why it is you want to eat. I love my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2012, 12:49 am

When your daughter's Boss and his wife tell you you look amazing and ask your secret to looking so young! I was collecting Helena from her job at the Pizza place. I went to sit in the car and wait for her after I let her know I was there to pick her up. My daughter told me after I left that she asked them (her boss and his wife) to guess my age, and they said early 40's because she is 18...so they guessed, but they thought I looked much younger! When Helena told them I was 50 they were shocked. Her Boss' wife then asked Helena if I would go and talk to her own Mum (also in her 50's) about dressing herself up a bit, getting a nice haircut, and looking after herself to look better!

Helena said, "Mum, I just tell everyone I am lucky that I have good genes, and if they want to know what I will look like when I am older, just look at my Mum, and my Nana.'

A nice compliment. :) It's great to have your daughters proud to be seen with you. When I was fat, I felt like the thorn among the roses. Now I feel like we are a nice looking family.

I Love my sleeve!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:36 pm

......your new size 12 jeans that you poured yourself into last week, just pull straight on this week with no effort. This happened on Saturday and I am still gobsmacked by it.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 9:43 pm

Dammit! You know you're a sleever when you see pretty and supportive bras on sale for $4.50 and think 'wow, I can finally take advantage of these great sales', and you look for your size and see that they're all too big!
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:00 pm

When you leave uneaten food on your plate and drinks get left unfinished. Unheard of in my pre sleeve, hoover everything up in sight days.

The bras you bought, a bit tight, in January are too big by April.

The shorts you had taken in are too big again and probably need to to go to Vinnies.

You can go shopping in Jeanswest and things actually fit, I've never shopped in there before, ever. And the sales girl was helpful and didn't looka t me like I didn't belong in there.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 5:30 am

You know you're a sleever when ...

you walk towards the automatic doors and they don't open, and you have to jump up and down to get them to work!
Back to top Go down
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptySun 08 Apr 2012, 1:07 am

1. When you go into a high street clothes store where nothing would previously fit, and have to ask the assistant to find a size 12 skirt as the 14 falls off (it's a generous cut, but what the heck. That skirt is so my most favourite item of clothing at the moment!)
2. People at work start asking "you're not going to lose anymore are you?" (- well, since you ask I would like to lose a wee bit more, but thanks anyway)
3. You sort out your wardrobe, only to find that there are heaps of clothes in the too big pile, and scarily very little in the pile that fit. The too big pile includes clothes that you have previously been chuffed to get into since the whole sleeve journey began.
4. You have to wear your wedding ring on your right hand, as it would fall off the left ring finger (which is oddly a bit smaller)
5. You exercise regularly (!) because it makes you feel good.
Back to top Go down
kazzie

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 10:36 am

Hi, My experience this week !!!!!!!!!

You know you're a sleever when having to show photo ID at the bank, I showed my drivers license (pre sleeve) and it wasnt accepted. Had to go home and get 100 points ID.

Kazzie You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 120705
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 3:29 am

I only speak the truth, Kate.

You look amazing!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 9:07 pm

......someone comments that my daughter and I could be sisters. Thanks Michelle you do wonders for my ego. I do get some very shocked looks when people find out I am a Nana. Actually in a way that's probably another one, as some people think Grace is my daughter not my granddaughter.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 9:03 pm

God I love this thread.

You know you're a sleever when......

- shaving your legs isnt a marathon race but you end up with nicks where the bones protrude. Be cautious of the knee area, ladies!

- your partner asks what we are doing for dinner and you look at them in horror because its only 6pm, and you arent possibly thinking about dinner yet

- at work, someone says to your face 'i was talking to Nat about it' (like in third person) and you say 'um.... yes I know that, because thats me' and the other person nearly faints.

Keep them coming I do like it!
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 2:13 pm

....you go out for the day to discover that this particular day is the day when your undies suddenly become much too big and start falling down under your dress with every step u take...had to dash into target and buy new knickers and I think it's the first time I've worn new undies without washing them first. Straight into the loo to put on new smaller undies!!
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

Not sure this is good..... When people think you're ill as you've lost so much so quickly. I've had 5 people ask me that of late !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

You know you're a sleever when....
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next