14 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! Empty
PostSubject: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 10:31 am

Hi Dusty,
You have had to learn a lesson, you won't forget again, which reminds me I have to have my vitamins regularly myself. I take a lot of other medications in the morning with my shakes and the vitamins have become an after thought.
I am impressed with your weight loss = 226 lbs, congratulations.
Take care of your self.

Regards
Jenni
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 10:43 pm

This is a real wake up call!

I am never hungry but making sure I eat at least every 3 hours. Its very easy to forget.

IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! 217555 Dusty take care.
Back to top Go down
bugsbonclyde
bugsbonclyde

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 3:46 pm

Cat

hi guys,

Dusty what you went through sounds so scary!!!!!! i am glad you are feeling so much better!! look after yourself, i need to take my vits more and eat more veg and protein ,i am falling back into my old habits !

take care all the best

del
Back to top Go down
http://www.rkm.id.au
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 8:03 pm

Dusty and Kat I hope you guys bounce back quickly, I have been a bit slack on the vitamins and water and yeah this is a good wake up call that I will always need to look after myself, not let it slip or slacken off or go back to old ways...the health affects of doing so are not worth it :)
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 11:46 am

Hi Dusty

Thank you so much for your post and for reminding everyone that we can't let our guard down.

I recently moved up north and went for awhile without vitamins, got a bit slack with eating (why do we return to the evil carb foods like muffins arrgh??) and on the weekend I almost passed out in the shower and still feel pretty cruddy.

I am committed to look for better protein options and get back to basics with water and vitamins.
I hope you feel better soon and continue to recover.
best wishes
Kat
IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! 217555
Back to top Go down
DUSTY
DUSTY

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 3:30 pm

thanks guys im feeling much better. i know i got to listen to the women in my life i guess their usally right...lol... IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! 314562 im back to viatmins and protein shake's every morning and some kind of meat for dinner and feeling much better. my stomach still aches here and there and still backed-up but im sure a few more days of antibiotics will fix that up... no more slacking off for me!!!! IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! 692790
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 9:31 am

Hi Dusty,
This has taught you two very important lessons, watch the diet......................
AND ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR MUM.............................

Hope that you are feeling better now.
Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 2:42 am

Dusty:

Was your illness caused by your bad diet? By the lack of correct nutrituion?
I don't know that much about that illness but a man I knew years ago who had
gastric bypass had the same issue. (Co-worker) It wasn't anywhere near his
surgery...maybe a couple of years later but he did have to have emergency surgery and was
off work for some time. Wondering if it's a coincidence or if this is a real high risk
issue after WLS.

And bad sleever, bad sleever.... Dog
Back to top Go down
Cuddlyjo
Part of the furniture
Cuddlyjo

Female
Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 5:32 am

Glad to hear your feeling better Dusty.. My hubby also has diverticulosis, its something he lives with .. He gets infections all the time and needs antibotics to clear it up.. He gets what you did .. The sweats, dizzinesss, vomitting and really bad stomach cramps..
Fingers crossed you dont get another attack...

Jo :)
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 3:06 am

Hey Dusty, I'm glad you have those two lovely ladies watching your back! Take heed and look after yourself.

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down
snow1081
Part of the furniture
snow1081

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyWed 27 Jan 2010, 1:24 am

OMG Dusty!!

I admitted I was bad when I first got discharged from the hospital, didn't really stick to the liquid diet, but after few more words from fellow sleevers from this forum, reminding me that if I don't stick to it things could happen eg leak, I am now on a very strict liquid diet...
I have to admit RULES are there to be followed!! especially when it comes down to our body!!
Hope you feel much much better now :)

XOX

Yools
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: OMG OMG OMG   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:20 pm

OMG OMG OMG

Thank heavens you're still here! And thanks for the cautionary tale!

Best,

Dark
Back to top Go down
my3angels
my3angels

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:33 pm

Goodness you were a lucky boy werent you Dusty

P.S.
I love your diary such an inspiration I got my 19 year old son who is in major denial over his weight to read it. IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! 217555
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:11 pm

IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! 135961 I hope you're feeling better soon Dusty, it's very hard to break a lifetime of bad habits... you'll get there & I bet you won't forget to eat properly again in a hurry
Back to top Go down
DUSTY
DUSTY

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 3:23 pm

Well ive always been hard headed and thought nothing could hurt me but i sure found out diffrent this past week. I was doing welding work 8 -10 hours a day for the past few weeks really doing alot of physical labor and feeling great , last week i ran out of vitamins and never thought much of it I figured id be fine without them for a few days , well a few days turned into a week and on top of that i was eating nothing with real protein , i would just grab a snack bar hear and there and at dinner i was eating a corn muffin for dinner for a few days instead of a peice of meat , well on friday it finally hit me , I got dizzy and lite headed and couldnt stand , i went into cold sweats and dehydration , later that night it turned into the worst stomach pain and constant throwing -up and dieareha everytime i tried to eat anything, after two days of this i finally went to the emergency room and they put me on iv's and started getting fluid in me , they did x-rays and a catscan of my stomach , thank god no leaks or tears were causing my pain and vomiting , they did more blood work and test and told me i had "diverticliousis" a baterial infection and blockage before my colon. Im finally feeling better today but it was a big wake up call that no matter how good we feel we still have to remember to take our supplements and protein and take care of ourselves or our bodys will put the brakes on !! I did lose 11 lbs. in 3 days tho !!! I KNOW THATS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT , IVE ALREADY BEEN YELLED AT BY MOMMA AND THE WIFE.........LOL....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!   IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!! Empty

Back to top Go down

IVE BEEN A BAD SLEEVER!!
Page 1 of 1