AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 10:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Had a bit of a giggle today when I really felt I had overeaten on the basis of overeating at lunch...
Thought this might be a fun list to add to....(feel free to join in)

You know you're a sleever when
-- two quarters of a chicken and lettuce sandwich = you've eaten too much
-- everyone else leaves the buffet with laden plates, and yours contains half-a-devilled egg, half-a-cherry tomato and two tablespoons of any mushy protein (fish, chicken, stew etc)
-- you order a kid's meal at the restaurant and still send a full plate back at the end of the meal...

Your turn...

cheers

S
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

Not sure this is good..... When people think you're ill as you've lost so much so quickly. I've had 5 people ask me that of late !
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 12:05 pm

When you walk into Autograph, because you like the look of the new season's boots, and the woman in the shop says...'The boots are for bigger ladies, hun, they would just flap around your skinny legs'

You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 2329

I still like the boots though!

Back to top Go down
Bast
Bast

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyFri 06 Apr 2012, 3:43 am

.... when your boardies, which u used to not fit in, are so loose they fall down when you're walking

.... when you buy new boardies (slightly tight) to replace the old falling down ones and a month later they start to fall down too
Back to top Go down
Gen
Gen

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 10:53 pm

...when your mum walks past you at the airport because she doesn't recognise you!

...when you can comfortably fit into a plane seat and have space on either side
Back to top Go down
steph11
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 10:23 pm

When you have managed to keep the family's easter Eggs in the house for a whole week without eating them on the sly and then having to replace them before Sunday....terrible confession of past behaviour but alas true!

Happy Easter everyone,

S
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 9:50 pm

When you look in the fridge and nothing really interests you. Even all the easter eggs, it all just tastes too sweet and not particularly nice. Even 'nice' chocolate tastes like nasty cheap compound chocolate
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

You realise you have been sleeved for a year and during that time you haven't been sick, ONCE!!!!
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

.... your engagement ring and wedding band that have not fitted for six years (too tight), are now too big and need to be resized.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 12:14 pm

........when your daughter has to walk through the entire supermarket twice looking for you. She said she's still not used to looking for such a little person. AAwwwwwwwww, how cute.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 05 Apr 2012, 12:07 pm

You know you're a sleever when...you're at work with your daughter and she decides she wants to go out that night and wear your dress (yes the one you're wearing) and you don't want to wear her shorts, so you throw on a polo shirt and grab a scarf and wrap it around your waist so it looks like a skirt! (OK it was a looooong scarf, but still!)

Happy Easter 2012

S
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 12:16 pm

When someone you have worked with for 2 years has to think for a bit before realising that is you they are walking behind, because they didn't recognise the new thinner back view. Lovin it :))))))
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Feb 2012, 12:03 pm

You know you're a sleever when.......an acquaintance that you haven't seen in a couple of years thinks that your hubby has a new partner because she doesn't recognise you. Too funny.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 10:28 pm

You know you're a sleever when you know what the term "sitting on the bones of your arse" means - literally!
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 11:47 am

When you are told you need to buy some "clothes that fit" when you have worked your way down the sizes in your wardrobe and are wearing the smallest size you own. You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 65317
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 9:55 am

when you buy knickers and they are a MEDIUM!

when you move your watch strap- up FOUR notches...

when you realise that now you have measured yourself you are a size 14 and you were a 26...

when you can join a harriers group and feel that you belong

when putting your togs on doesnt freak you out to the point of needing oxygen

when you are part of a crowd, another human being melding in, not standing out feeling like you take up space and everyone resents the space you take up

when you go to the doctors and they say how can I help you and MEAN IT! rather than the subtext being even if you have a sore throat you will still be reminded about your OBESITY

Oh and did I mention...BMI?!!!!

I better stop now the list looks like I need anger management :))))) You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 878453

Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 8:23 am

Your work orders promotional t-shirts and you easily fit into a medium - not 5xl! Most awesome feeling ever. I did a little happy dance in the work bathroom. AND I tucked it in to my trousers instead of leaving it hanging all loosey-goosey!
Back to top Go down
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 3:14 am

You know when you're a sleever when you're able to run 30 minutes non stop (albeit fairly slowly), and your route includes running up a hill that you used to get breathless and wheezy just walking up.

Love my sleeve!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: pre-sleeve   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 12:36 am

i know i want to be a sleever when:

a) you all inspire me

b) it's not worth getting some rings resiozed/made till i know what size my fingers will be

c) it's not worth getting a passport till im thinner and able to walk without puffing and whizzing and i can wear a nice bathing suit

:)
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

When You find old small clothes from a previous weight loss effort and when you try them on they are already too big :))))))
When the scales are doing your head in, Pool Pool clothes can be the reality check you need.
Back to top Go down
Gen
Gen

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 11:30 am

....you go through the Zarraffa's (coffee shop) drive through to order a small skinny cappuccino and they have to check you said a small size 3 times
Back to top Go down
Bast
Bast

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-08-10

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 2:20 am

You know you're a sleever when:

.... your work collegue see's you with 1/2 cup of cereal in your 1 cup container and says "my GOD that is THE SMALLEST container I have ever seen! I would use that for storing hundreds and thousands. I wouldnt consider that a meal, I wouldnt even consider that a SNACK!!"

.... you go out to a restraunt and pick a meal based on how small you think it is rather than what would be delicious because the thought of food doesnt interest you much anyway

.... you go to the movies and order a "small" popcorn (and its the size of your head) eat your fill and it looks like you havent eaten any

.... it takes you over an hour to drink half a beer (because you dont realy want it and it makes you so full) when you would previously have finished off 3-4 in the same time
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 2:03 am

You know you're a sleever when the doc tells you to eat more fibre and you wonder how you'll fit it in...
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 10:27 am

....at 10 weeks post op I was walking 3.3km in 45 minutes and now at 25 weeks post op I am walking 5km in 40 minutes and not even breaking into sweat. I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shortchick
shortchick

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

mum of four (bec) wrote:
When your 14 year old daughter cleans out her wardrobe and gives you the clothes she doesn't want any more.

That is so cool. I love your quote.
Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

For anyone re-sizing rings...
I've had my ring resized twice now, from size S to O and then down to L. Make sure you get the jeweller to carefully check the stones. Changing ring sizes so radically can loosen settings.
Also be prepared to pay a fair bit (I was surprised) I paid $130 for the first re-size as all of the stones had to be removed and reset. The second was $50 as the stones were OK this time. The ring looks baby-sized to me now - but no longer flies across the room every time I play 'Open shut them' with the kids at work!
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2012, 7:48 am

Lol! I can totally relate GSG. I've had to buy a smaller band to hold my wedding rings on! I don't want to get them resized until my weightloss stops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

You know you're a sleever when....
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next