AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 10:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Had a bit of a giggle today when I really felt I had overeaten on the basis of overeating at lunch...
Thought this might be a fun list to add to....(feel free to join in)

You know you're a sleever when
-- two quarters of a chicken and lettuce sandwich = you've eaten too much
-- everyone else leaves the buffet with laden plates, and yours contains half-a-devilled egg, half-a-cherry tomato and two tablespoons of any mushy protein (fish, chicken, stew etc)
-- you order a kid's meal at the restaurant and still send a full plate back at the end of the meal...

Your turn...

cheers

S
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MrsHoddz

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-07-03

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 12:59 pm

when your three year old after opening the gate, wants to sit on your knee and actually fits to drive into the driveway :)
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 12:21 pm

Hah Rebothy, I had one of our patients come in the other week and say "What have you done!~!?". I was shocked because he's a bit goofy - I wouldn't have thought he'd even notice.
Back to top Go down
Rebothy
Rebothy

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 10:04 am

I love this thread.

You know you're a sleever when a 'frequent flyer' hospital patient on your ward congratulates you on the major weight loss since their last admission - two months ago.

You know you're a sleever when the shop assistant who once served you at the 'big girls' department in Myer recognises you in their new workplace at the same shopping centre, but only because of your daughter.

You know you're a sleever when hearing about someone contemplating a gastric banding sends shivers down your spine, and you just HAVE to tactfully share your sleeve experiences. My mum's office assistant is contemplating the band and I wrote her an email and asked my mum to forward it to her. You just want to scream BE INFORMED!
Back to top Go down
aprilsun
aprilsun

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: You know when your a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 5:34 am

You know your a Sleever when you used to be able to scoff down a whole LARGE Pizza, and 3 glasses of diet coke You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 878453 ............ And now 1 and 1/4 pieces leaves you full to the tilt and thats without a drink You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 446871 . Yipppeeeee. The best part is it doesnt bother me, I feel like I've eaten the whole pizza. Love my Sleeve.

Anna
Back to top Go down
James
Sponsor
James

Male
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 1:41 pm

You know your a Sleever when your Grocery food bills are cut in half, but you still have more food left over for another couple of meals, so your fridge and freezer have become a left over meal reserve.

Love it :)

James.

Doctor Justin Greenslade

Hospiatal Greenslopes Privtate. (staff fantastic)

Heaviest 135kgs

Operation day 1ST November 2010 after pre op diet 128

Now 123kgs as at 15/11/2010

1st Goal 115 kgs by Christmas 2010

2nd Goal 100 kgs by end of March 2011

3rd Goal 90 kgs by May 22nd 2011 (Birthday)

Back to top Go down
http://www.renshiforex.com
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 12:57 pm

You know you're a sleever when....
...the US Immigrations Officer looks at you...then looks at your passport photo and says "You don't look like this photo at all"...and you say "yes I've lost weight since then" and he says.."good job"!!!!

S
(I know passport photos are supposed to be bad...but this one is obviously REALLY bad!)
Back to top Go down
cirianz

Female
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 3:52 am

You know you're a sleever when... You spend the whole day having a 'fat day' then put on your new jeans and find they've gotten loose.
Back to top Go down
cirianz

Female
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Nov 2010, 3:49 am

You know you're a sleever when you go to dinner at the house of a friend who doesn't know you've been sleeved, and, even after making the excuse of 'being on a diet' so you can take tiny portions you still have to pre - arrange with your children & hubby to slip food onto their plates, and still spend half the meal cutting the remaining food into smaller and smaller pieces so it won't look like you're leaving so much. (She's the sort of person who would think you 'didn't like her cooking' if you don't 'clean the plate' or close to it.)
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 9:17 pm

When you go to the beach, yes the beach and the tops of your feet get sunburnt cos they havent seen the sunshine in, how many years???? OUCH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 7:15 pm

.. you go for a dr checkup and she comes in the room saying "Is this weight correct?"... "oh... I guess so".

Heh!
Back to top Go down
Jay Jay

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 9:41 am

You know your a sleever when you make your monthly visit to the dietician and she doesnt recognise you in the waiting room!!!
Jay Jay
Back to top Go down
Miss Vicki

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: You know your a sleever when?   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 3:30 am

I know I am a new sleever, but I am sitting here on my laptop with my beautiful hospital socks on to my knees........sipping a 100mls of water......and posting about my surgery!!

You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 2329
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 2:25 am

Quote :
You go to a sleevers pot luck dinner & everyone takes home a doggy bag with way more food in it than they ate while at the dinner

classic..... but it was great night, great company and great food... and great leftovers, leftovers, leftovers, leftovers..... OH... and the choccie MICE!!! mmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 2:14 am

It's a bit scarey when you think about it isn't it... now why was I so overweight again You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 697586
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 2:11 am

And pre sleeve you would have eaten the lot without a second thought. It was a big laksa though!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 1:43 am

You go out to lunch and order a Laksa... when you take the leftovers home and put them into single-serve containers for freezing, you have enough for 8 (yes EIGHT) sleever-size meals.
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 1:06 am

You go to a sleevers pot luck dinner & everyone takes home a doggy bag with way more food in it than they ate while at the dinner You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 89269
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptySat 20 Nov 2010, 11:20 pm

You know you're a sleever when... the dreaded "one size fits all" label finally includes YOU!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyFri 19 Nov 2010, 7:31 pm

ROFL - I love this one, too - good on you!
Back to top Go down
LAINEY
Part of the furniture
LAINEY

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyFri 19 Nov 2010, 7:27 pm

You know you're a sleever when you go back to visit your surgeon, and you're skinnier than all the staff, including the dietician ;)

Loved this !!

Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyFri 19 Nov 2010, 9:15 am

Exactly. The other day I had a check up with my surgeon and after I was done I went and bought a slurpee. I was walking past the dr's office when another woman, very large, walked past me and stared. I could see she was thinking (she had a look - believe me!!) that I was a bitch, all skinny and drinking my sugar drink. I turned around and yep, she was walking into my surgeon's office. I've also had obese people (patients, so I don't go into it with them) tell me that I don't know what it's like to be fat. Hahaha, boy, do I what!!

You know you're a sleever when you go back to visit your surgeon, and you're skinnier than all the staff, including the dietician ;)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Nov 2010, 5:33 pm

ssjad, I know just what you mean!
I had a bit of a splurge one day, and bought some chocolates and lollies, and the woman behind the counter of the local shop said to me that I must exercise a lot to be able to eat those and look so good!
You can imagine how good I felt after that comment!
I don't get called skinny bitch, but I do get told I now have "chicken legs". I don't agree, but take it as a compliment!
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Nov 2010, 8:03 am

You go to a work dinner, order an entree (in the smaller of two available sizes) and take 3/4 of it home in a doggy bag! I am sooo full right now!
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Nov 2010, 3:22 am

(Controversial one here)... You know you're a sleever when obese people hate you, thinking you're a 'skinny bitch'.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Nov 2010, 2:07 am

You know your a sleever when you wear a just above knee length size 14 dress to work with confidence and all your work colleagues comment on how hot you look today. Go the sleeve for boosting self confidence enough to wear a short dress to show off your legs. OMG.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 EmptyThu 18 Nov 2010, 12:44 am

You know you're a sleever when you can eat a freddo frog chocolate and feel as though you've had a 250g block!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a sleever when....   You know you're a sleever when.... - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

You know you're a sleever when....
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next