AuthorMessage
JayNay
Part of the furniture
JayNay

Female
Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Aug 2009, 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi - Being sleeved by Dr. Daoud (Greenslopes Hospital) next month. Just wondering if anyone else was sleeved by him and what their experience was like. So far it has been all good for me. Really scared so would love to chat to anyone who has gone through the operation that will be done at Sunnybank hospital - not sure what to expect.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
**TaylorRomeo**

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:13 am

Thanks Lib
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:02 am

They don't advise you but the dates are:

The dates for next year are as follows, but as usual, we
will have to reconfirm a couples of weeks before each one.

4th Feb 2012

7th Apr 2012

9th Jun 2012

4th Aug 2012

13th Oct 2012

1st Dec 2012.

You'll need to call the office to confirm if they are going ahead. Also they are held in the back of the hospital in the education room near maternity.
Back to top Go down
**TaylorRomeo**
**TaylorRomeo**

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 12:43 am

Hey,

Just got done by Dr Daoud last week. Would love to meet others at the support meetings. Where are they usually held? Does his office usually let you know when they are coming up?
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011, 12:33 am

Just wanted to post the dates for the support meetings for 2012!

4th Feb 2012

7th Apr 2012

9th Jun 2012

4th Aug 2012

13th Oct 2012

1st Dec 2012.
Back to top Go down
Ez & Baz
Ez & Baz

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2011, 1:42 am

My husband was Operated on by Dr Daoud approxamitely 8 weeks ago now and he is doing fantastically. He has lost nearly 30KG and is extremely happy with the results so far.

I have also seen Dr Daoud and had surgery through him. My surgery was on October 3 and it turned out to be harder than Dr Daoud had first thought. He was extrmely kind, caring and funny. I have nothing but complete praise for Dr Daoud and his staff, they are wonderful, caring, compassionate people.

My husband was reffered to go and see Daniel Murray (Dietician) who we have both found to be very explanatory. I understand the cost is expensive however the information, support and assistance that Dan can give you is incredible. Well worth the money and if you have private health insurance you get some of it back depending on your cover so please go and see him. Don't skip this step in the very important processes.

Lib can you please let me know when the next meeting is as my husband and I would love to attend, we think it would be extremely helpful.
Back to top Go down
Gen
Gen

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

I am booked in for my surgery with Dr Daoud on 7/11, and I have found him to be very helpful & wonderful to deal with. His wife & other staff have also been great, have answered every question I have had and done everything possible to make this a stress-free process. Likewise for Dan the dietician. I highly recommend them.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 7:43 am

Just to let people know the support group meeting has been changed till the 8th October 2011. 10.00am
Back to top Go down
Teee
Teee

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

I saw Dan. He was awesome and was a tremendous support to me on my journey.

Dr Daoud is absolutely fantastic. My experience has been extremely positive and I couldnt recommend him more highly.

Txx
Back to top Go down
kazmac33
kazmac33

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 10:43 pm

No it wasn't Dan. I believe they don't use him anymore. Can't remember the blokes name as I threw the bit of paper away. Like I said people are better off seeing a Dietician through an enhanced health plan for free. The service is available to us so we should use it.
Back to top Go down
dakodasmum
Part of the furniture
dakodasmum

Female
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 1:22 pm

Hi All,

I am getting my sleeve done through Dr Mark Daoud in October 24 2011! So far he has been really great in my appointments and I am excited to see the results!

Cheers, Angie
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2011, 5:22 am

JFYI - there is a support group meeting on the 6th August.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 10:34 am

Was the dietian Dan? I only paid $50 for each consultation with him Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 697586
Back to top Go down
kazmac33
kazmac33

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 5:30 am

Yes Emily I agree that I did not go to the dietician and I am happy to accept that. In fact I don't have any problems with not having going. To lose 30kgs I felt $400.00 was a lot of money. All I wanted was to know what I needed to do after the operation in realtion to healing, not stretching the sleeve etc. Yes I believe $400 is a lot of money especially since I applied for the money out of my super for the operation. We are a family that just does not think $400 is a small bit of money.

My issue is that I was not made aware that 'all' the information I would need post-operative was going to come from the dietician and thats what I think is very poor. Had I have known this I would have seen the dietician even once to obtain this inforamtion.

Also I expeceted information about how things may 'feel' after the operation, how to care for wounds etc from my surgeon. I came home with nothing, nada. Not one piece of paper. I find that disturbing. Even when I had an operation in the public hospital I was discharged with information on aftercare. I can, if I want to, obtain an enhanced care plan through my GP for consultations with a dietician and they will actually be free. Perhaps this is an option that Dr Daoud needs to offer his patients along with differently priced dieticians.

I have found this forum of enormous benefit and have been lucky enough to be able to read and gauge what I need to be doing from this information.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 5:18 am

Sorry that has been your experience. However - if they recommend you see a dietician, and you choose not to, I don't know that you can blame them when you don't have the necessary information. I mean, you have to do your bit, right? What is $400 compared to the cost of the sleeve and the successful outcome? Did you look at cheaper dieticians? It is really important to have that support as you go along I have found.
Back to top Go down
kazmac33
kazmac33

Female

PostSubject: Sleeved by Dr Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 5:14 am

I was sleeved by Dr Daoud last Tuesday. The surgery has gone well but I feel the lack of information both pre and post op has been very poor. He was very pleasant at my consultation with him and I basically went through him as a friend had. I saw him, he said ues he would do the operation and then his admin staff gave me a date, a couple of letters and one lady gave me some information and a sheet with a dieticians name on it that Dr 'recommended' I see prior to the operation. As this cost was nearly $400.00 I did not. I organised my booking of the hospital, the pre-op check and the blood tests as requested and the next time I saw Dr was in the operating theatre. It was very obviously he did not have a clue who I was. Thats okay with me and I understand this as I only saw him the once a few months ago. Post op the next morning he spent a total of approx 1 minute with me at my bedside asking me a couple of questions. Next morning he told me I could go onto a liquid diet and when I asked him what happens when I get home he was very surprised. His answer was 'didn't the dietician tell you'. I stated that I had not seen the dietician as it was only 'recommended' and I felt it was far too expensive. He was even more surprised. He waved his arm and said 'stay on shakes for 2 weeks' and then left the room. So as far as the surgery that has all gone well BUT I have paid a lot more than other doctors charge and have been given scant aftercare. I have an appointment with him 4 weeks post op (of course that I have arranged). I will be giving his practice my feedback in writing about my concerns. So surgery great. Price, Information and aftercare - very poor.
Back to top Go down
Has Shrunk
Has Shrunk

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 7:55 am

Hi Everyone,

I have my referral to see Dr Daoud. Problem is I live up near Cairns and getting to Brisbane just for an appointment is difficult. I tried to work it in with our recent trip to Brisbane but Dr did not do appts on Monday morning.

I am so keen to get the ball rolling. His receptionist said I would have to attend the initial appt then the rest other than the post op could be done over the phone.

I am anxiously keeping an eye out for cheap flights to get down.

I love this site its been a big help with my decision making.

Cheers

T
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyThu 02 Jun 2011, 1:21 am

There is a support meeting same details as usual this weekend.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 12:07 pm

Just a last minute reminder for those considering sleeving in Brisbane and Mark's paitents. Meeting tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 11:07 pm

The next Support group meeting has been confirmed for Saturday 5th of February 2011 - maternity meeting room – back entrance Sunnybank Private Hospital - 10am to 11.30 am.

Proposed meeting dates for 2011 are:

2 April

4 June

6 August

1 October

3 December
Back to top Go down
Belle
Part of the furniture
Belle

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Dec 2010, 5:37 am

OK, hope to see you tomorrow Tarnz. Wow you look great in your photo.
sorry you can't make it Lib.
Hugs Belle :)
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 10:42 am

sorry I took so long to reply can only check this site on my breaks lol ... I do know time is tight for people at this time of year but Id be keen for a pre chrissy meet : )
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 2:42 am

Tell me about it!! Totally thrown my whole week out :P Maybe we should have a pre chrissy meet!?
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Nov 2010, 2:40 am

I really want to get to this one as I missed the last one ... damn your sister going on holiday Lib how rude ;o
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 11:14 pm

DAMN DAMN DAMN I am working and I Can't get out of this one, my sister is on holiday :(
Back to top Go down
Belle
Part of the furniture
Belle

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Next Meeting this Saturday 4th December   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 11:12 pm

Hi All,

A reminder of our last meeing for the year this coming Saturday. Saturday 4th December

Sunnybank Private Hospital (around the back of hospital in the meeting room)
10.00am to 11.30am

Hope to see you there.

Best wishes,
Belle :)
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Oct 2010, 6:03 am

Comet, come tomorrow!! Ask any questions!!
The meeting topic is about the emotions surrounding weighloss surgery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next