Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dr Mark Daoud

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 6:46 am

Just so there is some extra information on Dr Daoud.

He refused surgery on me again.

Two years ago he refused because he didn't think I was well enough for surgery. This time he refused because he didn't think I would get any benefit from losing weight.

He was pleasant and he bulk billed my appt (a whole 5 or 6 minutes). I think he's probably a good surgeon but if he doesn't accept higher risk patients his success rate is going to be higher than doctors who do perform surgery on patients with co morbidities.

I've made an appt to see another surgeon and will see what the differences are.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 6:28 am

I was sleeved by Dr Daoud about  4.5 years ago. He's great, just took me a while to warm to him, but he's lvoely and his staff are awesome.

FTR I had NO complications, except mental! But I only had 10 days between my iniital appointment and being sleeved. My initial appt was to investigate the band. So I didnt have much time to get my head around the op, but all is good now, and I have been at goal for about 4 years.
Back to top Go down
2fat42long
2fat42long

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-10-08

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013, 3:33 am

Swayback wrote:
Thanks for your replies.

I decided on Dr Daoud originally because my ex GP and a friend/work colleague were sleeved by him and were very happy.

When I saw him two years ago he certainly seemed very open and honest about everything. He was also very pleasant which is a bonus. At the time I think he quoted something like $6000 or $7000 out of pocket so it could even be more now.  

Since I've been on this forum I've come to the conclusion that maybe he's a bit more expensive than most.  Maybe that's why he doesn't seem to have sleeved many on this forum.
Hi Swayback.

How did you appointment do with Dr Daoud?

I have an appointment with him next month. My doctor referred me to him and said that all people she has referred have been to him with 100% success rate and very little complications.
Back to top Go down

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013, 6:49 am

Thanks for your replies.

I decided on Dr Daoud originally because my ex GP and a friend/work colleague were sleeved by him and were very happy.

When I saw him two years ago he certainly seemed very open and honest about everything. He was also very pleasant which is a bonus. At the time I think he quoted something like $6000 or $7000 out of pocket so it could even be more now.

Since I've been on this forum I've come to the conclusion that maybe he's a bit more expensive than most. Maybe that's why he doesn't seem to have sleeved many on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013, 6:39 am

Hi Swayback

I have heard the good and bad about Dr Daoud. - Go see him and then decide.

I used the loverly Justin Greenslade.   Hospital and his office were closer to my home, plus he has got such a good reputation and is one of the most experienced Surgeons who does the sleeve. Another plus is that is Office Manager Brenda has also been sleeved by him.

good luck

Val
Back to top Go down
Balisunset
Part of the furniture
Balisunset

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2013-06-19

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 4:31 am

Hi Swayback,

I was probably one of the people that gave you feedback but it was from a long time ago and it was appendex.  I know he is a great surgeon but I no experience with him doing sleeves.  Maybe go to the interview and see what you think.  I believe there a lot more people out their having these surgeries that don't necessarily join the forum.  Ring his receptionist and ask questions.

I know that my surgeon is doing 4 ops on the day I am booked and I am the only one on here.

Hoped this has helped a little.
Back to top Go down

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 1:05 am

Sorry, the spelling mistakes are predictive text thingies........really they are!
Back to top Go down

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 12:53 am

Hi, I have an appointment to see Dr Daoud in a few weeks.

I can't see many references to him on here and the ones that are on here aren't very recent. I've been looking at the Monthly Sleeveres and no one seems to have beened sleeved by him or due to be sleeved by him.

I've met him before, about two years ago, and I liked him very much but now I have to wonder why he isn't mentioned here very much. It makes me wonder if he doesn't accept many patients or if there is some other reason.

Any one have any feedback for me?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr Mark Daoud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud   Dr Mark Daoud Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Mark Daoud
Page 1 of 1