Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Debstar
Debstar

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2015-04-28

Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptySat 20 Jun 2015, 8:26 am

Hi just wondering if there is anyone having their surgery with Dr Daoud or if anyone has had recent surgery with him and what was your experience like. I'm having my surgery with him at sunnybank hospital. 
Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane 21984
Back to top Go down
Ez & Baz
Ez & Baz

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 11:22 am

Hi Pinklily

Sorry I have just seen your comment as I have not been on my computer much lately. I hope that you are feeling well after having your Sleeve and everything has gone smoothly for you.

There is a support group at Sunnybank Private Hospital which is mainly Dr Mark's patients however anyone is welcome to come along to the meetings. We meet every second month on a Saturday morning at 10am. The dates that have been set so far for this year are as follows, however I strongly reccomend checking with Dr Mark's rooms a week or two prior to confirm the dates have not changed.

April 6th
June 8th
August 3rd
October 5th
November 23rd (However I believe this date is being checked as normally we would meet in Decemeber)

We meet from 10am till 11.30 - 12 and partner/friend/support person is always welcome to come along. The meetings are held in the Maternity Teaching room out the back of the hospital and all guests for the support meetings have been requested to walk around the side and down the back of the hospital rather than through the maternity ward to respect the new mothers and their babies.

We hope to see you there and if you would like any further information please feel free to drop me a PM.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
PINKLILY

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 11:36 am

Thanks Lizzie.
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 10:36 am

Hi pink lily

There is a thread up near the top for get togetherness. There are monthly get together a for south side of Brisbane usually the 2nd Saturday of each month. There is one this Sat at the Coffee Club near Ikea down Logan way. If you check the thread it has the full details.

I live north of Brisbane and we are hoping to hold monthly get togetherness on the north side. We will post details on the get together thread when we have organised the next one.

Liz
Back to top Go down
PINKLILY

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 3:47 am

Hi,

I am having my sleeve done by Dr Daoud next Tues and Im pretty keen to get along to a support group meeting as soon as I am able.

Can anyone give me details on where and when and whether they are worth going along to?
Back to top Go down
Ez & Baz
Ez & Baz

Female

PostSubject: Cost with Dr daoud at sunnybank private. NO PHi   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 1:16 pm

Hi Nadine

Sorry I did not see your questions about surgery. In response to your questions if they have been answered by Dr Daoud or his staff this is what I have found.

How long does it normally take to get an appointment with him? We only waited about 2 weeks to see Dr Daoud

what time frame is it usually between finding you have the go ahead and the surgery happening? Depending on when you are thinking of having it done, our wait was about 1 month.

How long will i need off work? 2 weeks appears to be standard

Also has anyone accessed their super to get this done? Yes both my husband and I did. It was the best decision we made.

In regards to the question of cost for No PHI I can not answer that as I have PHI. I can say if you are thinking about having it done I would request Dr Jeff James as the Anesthetist. He is the Anesthetist both my husband and I had and he is a lovely Dr. I can not fault him and I have two procedures with Dr Daoud and I would have Dr James as my Anesthetist any day.

I hope this has answered your questions and if you would like to know anything else please don't hesitate to pop me a PM. The last support group meeting for this year was today however the next meeting is in February. Should you wish to come contact Dr Daouds office closer to February for the date. It is generally the first Saturday of the month however that can change to the second if the hospital need the room.

Good luck with your decision.

Ez
Back to top Go down
deany123
deany123

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Cost with Dr daoud at sunnybank private. NO PHi   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyFri 23 Nov 2012, 7:12 am

My approx cost will be around $17000- $18000
$7000 - Dr
$9000 - sunny bank private, theatre fee ext
$1300 - anesthetist

This seems to be a prett good/ average price for self funded. Some have been more.

Nadine
Back to top Go down
deany123
deany123

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 9:31 am

Hi i am hoping to get a sleve through Dr Daoud. i have a few questions if anyone can help..

How long does it normally take to get an appoimtment with him?

what timeframe is it usually between finding you have the go ahead and the surgery happening?

How long will i need off work?

Also has anyone accessed their super to get this done?

thanks! Nadine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyWed 27 Jun 2012, 1:22 am

Hi W2S,

Sleeved a week ago and I feel fantastic. 5kg lost preop and now 5kg lost postop. Luckily I have had no nausea or vomited but have had some dizziness and loose bm's on liquid diet. Dr Daoud is indeed an excellent surgeon.
Back to top Go down
Has Shrunk
Has Shrunk

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

Hi afterglow,

I was sleeved on the 3rd of April by Dr Doaud, he is a fantastic surgeon. To date I have lost 22kgs with the regular stalls etc during this time. I am happy to say this is the best thing I have ever done for my health and marriage. I feel more confident now and thats only going to improve as the next 20kgs come off.

I look forward to hearing about your journey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Support Group Meetings   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyMon 04 Jun 2012, 1:55 am

Hi there,

Dr Dauod's support group meetings are held at the back of the Maternity Ward, Sunnybank Private Hospital.

Time: 10.00am to 11.30-12.00 noon

Dates:

Saturday 9th June

Saturday 4th August

Saturday 13th October

Saturday 1st December

Hope to meet some of you there this Saturday!
Back to top Go down
FightTheFat
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptySat 02 Jun 2012, 6:40 am

What time are the meetings held? May come along to the June 9th one (I am not due to be sleeved until the 30th of July though), and hope to come along to the August one also as a new sleever :D
Back to top Go down
http://fightingthefat2012.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyTue 22 May 2012, 5:58 am

Thanks TaylorRomeo,

30kg lost is a huge accomplishment, and it is great to hear such good reviews. My endoscopy is a week away now, and I can't wait to have my surgery date confirmed. Sometimes it seems like the last 10 years have been leading up to this point. I know it's going to be tough on the other side but there are so many positives to look forward to once the weight is off.

I hope you can make it to one of the southsiders meetups (held monthly) or Dr Daoud's next one on 9th June. I will be attending both.

Take care
Back to top Go down
**TaylorRomeo**
**TaylorRomeo**

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2011-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptySun 13 May 2012, 11:53 am

Hey,

Good decision to go with Dr Daoud I say. I was done on the 17th of Jan and as of Monday 7th of May have lost 30kg. And it hasn't really slowed down. I am in good health and feel really good. 2 of my scars are almost invisible and the others are slowly reducing. I have been lucky and not had any complications beside extremely bad reflux but they thought that would happen as my gastroscopy showed i already had very bad damage and scarring from it and I am only 27. Other than that it has been good, it is a hard road sometimes with society and their idea of food. I find people who used to comment on how much I ate before hand now try and force me to eat more. Even though they know i can't!! Good luck with your surgery! Hope all goes well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 5:31 am

Hi everyone,

I have changed surgeons after seeing Dr Daoud on Friday. He seems very thorough, and extremely experienced and knowledgeable. He wants to do an endoscopy before sleeving to check that my years of GORD haven't caused any damage first. Really looking forward to our next consultation in June to review results and determine a surgery date. How is everyone travelling post op?
Back to top Go down
Has Shrunk
Has Shrunk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

I found out today that I am borderline diabetic. My GP was sent a copy of the Pre Op blood tests. As soon as I told her I was booked in for the Sleeve on the 3rd April she was like "oh well you'll be just fine! it will save your life" Certainly concreted in my mind that I am doing the right thing!
Back to top Go down
Has Shrunk
Has Shrunk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyTue 21 Feb 2012, 3:04 am

Thank you everyone for your reply's. You have all made me feel like I have made the right decision.

My flights are booked and my mother in law is booked to help hubby with the kids!

I am soooo excited but nervous too.

I have just over a month of obese life left then its on to healthy life!!
Back to top Go down
**TaylorRomeo**
**TaylorRomeo**

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 7:45 am

Sorry missed some of your questions.

No i haven't been sick but as the others say don't over do it and stick with what the dietician says. I have been really slow to add new things to my diet as i am a little cautious and so far no hiccups.

I didn't get the shakes or anything but I did also find it best to alternate your types of drinks or you just get really fed up with the same one all the time and tend to drink less.

I have not felt any hunger yet. sometimes i get really lethargic and i have realised that is my body telling me to eat. Trying to eat regularly but sometimes that day flys and suddenly i feel that and make sure i eat. I tend to keep some homemade slushys in the freezer as i find if i am starting to get dehydrated these go down easy and fairly fast. well fast for how we eat now. Also cos it is just water and a dash of diet cordial it is the same as having a glass of diet cordial which our dietician recommends.

Hope these help and good luck with it all.
Back to top Go down
**TaylorRomeo**
**TaylorRomeo**

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 7:39 am

Hey Wants to shrink.

Sorry for the late reply.

I found him really good. Very informative although you do have to ask the questions sometimes to get the answers.

I am a month out and 14kgs down. So happy. I have been pretty strick following my dieticians advice and after my catch up today he says i am losing above average. also i have been making sure to move. i think that is key from what i have read here. you really have to motivate yourself and be proactive.

My hospital experience was pretty good. Was in for 2 nights and 3 days. Had some shoulder tip pain but they were really good at proactively managing my pain. I have had no complications. Knock wood and found my recovery went well. Did struggle to drink the required fluids to begin with but it has been getting better over time.

My scars are a really good size and healed really nicely. He actually did the big one in my belly button so only 4 on my actual stomach. They are pretty thin and the one under my boobs and the right hand side of my belly button are tiny as like a paper cut. On the left side is another small one up the top and then one that is about double the length as the others (this is the one they took my stomach out through).

I did find it odd that i am not having my post surgery appointment till this week but i did know if any questions i could call them.

I spoke to a couple of surgeons before hand and Dr Daoud made me feel the happiest. He didn't make me feel bad for letting myself get this way.

haven't made it to a support meeting yet but am looking forward to heading to one. as i have no one else i know who has been through it and would love to chat honestly to people about it that are in now way going to judge me.

Well that was my experience and everyones different but i was definately happy with my experience with him.

Cheers
Ryndell
Back to top Go down
Ez & Baz
Ez & Baz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 1:50 am

Hi T

It would be great if you can make it. I understand if you can't or don't feel up to it.

I completely get what you are asking about getting the shakes with not eating and low blood sugar feeling. I did not have any of those side effects and neither did my husband. I found the best thing was to keep yourself cool, comfortable and make sure you follow the instructions from Dr Daoud and the dietician. If you do those steps you should be fine.

I found a good trick was to alternate my liquid intake to avoid going too heavy on Salty/savory or sugary/sweet. I would start with a shake in the morning then go to water (Diluted with a touch of juice) then soup then more water and then depending on how i was feeling soup again later in the afternoon and then 50ml serve of sweet. The diet plan we had was very easy to follow.

Good luck and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to PM me or ask further. We wish you all the very best and hope to see you at the next meeting.

Take care

Ez
Back to top Go down
Has Shrunk
Has Shrunk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 3:07 am

Thanks Ez and Baz,

If I am still in Hospital on the 7th I will definatly see if I can come to the meeting. If not I will have to ask my Mother in Law to drive me and she is on the north side of the city so I might be pushing the love!!

Something else I just thought of - do you get the shakes at all? you know when your body is running low on energy, I suppose you could say its like low blood sugar.

I find if I don't eat I get the shakes, I am concerned that this will happen if I am not eating as much in the future.

Thanks again! T
Back to top Go down
Ez & Baz
Ez & Baz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 2:21 pm

Hi Wants to Shrink

I have been operated on my Dr Mark Daoud and he is brilliant. The support meetings are fantastic and a really good way for both new and old patients alike to get together and discuss how they are going and ask questions. I have now been to 2 meetings and found both of them very informative. The next meeting will be held on the 7th April at this point in time at Sunnybank Private.

As for the questions you asked:

Do you get hungry? No you don't get hungry, it is more getting use to the different sensations that you will feel after the surgery.

Are you finding the weight is just falling off? The weight has come off fairly rapidly in the begining stages of the surgery however once I started eated normal food again the weight loss slowed down. That is fine however as I am still loosing weight.

Do you throw up at all? If you listen to what the dietician tells you and follow the guidelines you should be fine. The biggest mistake i found was high calorie foods or high sugar made me feel really sick.

Good luck and please keep in touch with your progress. It would be great to see you are the next meeting.

Cheers

Ez & Baz
Back to top Go down
Has Shrunk
Has Shrunk

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptySat 11 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

Hey TaylorRomeo,

How did you go with Dr Daoud? I am booked in at Sunnybank on the 3rd April!

I cant wait.

Do you get hungry?
Are you finding the weight is just falling off?
Do you throw up at all?

Sorry to bombard you I just thought your a new post op and I would love to hear how you have gotten on.

Cheers
T
Back to top Go down
Ez & Baz
Ez & Baz

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

Thanks for the Dates Lib, I was wondering if it was next weekend. We hope to be there.
Back to top Go down
**TaylorRomeo**
**TaylorRomeo**

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 1:13 am

Thanks Lib
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane   Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Mark Daoud - Brisbane
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: