Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?

Go down 
+167
Kat1974
aussiearies
Sutika
sleeverella
Ceds
Joybells
MrsFroggie1970
Sherie
Box of Jewels
denzel
SammySleever
ohtobethinish
MissyMagic
DayleD
Toran
Lewie2979
~shelli~
WondaWendy
Bumbles
gingerchicken
Tazzy03
Lizzy.
Ottopia
Lexiswan
tumultuous-tara
GeoffN
rikki35
rascally
btgirl
Glenice
minniemouse
debraell
Lindamck
Nini
yve
Ting Ting
dooben
Kil1980
Breathless
Happygal
cdazzle
Chongololo
melmac1
TinTin
sassyjane
mooka-manda
Jarrah
lin1970
sara777
allaboutme
andrea1979
shelly25
busso
Jupiter
fattothinner45
grandmajules
margd
Hazchem
westerngirl
Ayla
Kas
disey
demilanni
maggles2001
lissa75
Sara (New-Day)
~Trishah~
MissMelly
mrspotatohead
Daydreamer
snowbunny
curvylana
Strawberrychick
roadtripmama
BFSCOTT
bella danni
lizzzy
lilac
Woodland
retta83
justjed
Angelmystique
muffincatt
Tigga
kayt83
nesssie31
sophia
jessiegirl
LittleJess
Bast
duzzenmada
mmm
mammabear25
Eilish
Wannabehealthy
kimmi
DammitJanet
PilbaraGal
Bella77
shortchick
pipette87
Catapult
Letmeout
Eringirl
Sholley
Jedigirl78
yodacat
vanderaj
lulumac
Kateh (Bluedog)
ted.83
Rowena
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
louie42
slimdreamer
Adriana(Making it Happen)
Shazbotzski
flick
sue
HayleyGriffiths
Shrinky Dink
Vronnie
sassyred
mum of four (bec)
neljatye
bintang
Max
SassyMummy
green stargazer
hazelbaby
didles
janelou29
lisagraham
PiercedMumma08
Tash
lovelyslim
Bamba
D'Girlz
sunnie
crisalida
Cherrypie
skinnygreyhound
Samantha
butterflyfallen
Caz
LittleMissCee
Smurfette
Kazz
FNM
aswan
LISSYD
Jacko84
melpaulned
killerbabe82
Countrygirl_WA
slimmer
Jaime
amanda O'D
CareBear
100%-er
Janette
Synna
Belladonna
Kate
smileykylie
Isis
gottarhyme
171 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyFri 04 Nov 2011, 7:36 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought this would be a good thread to give early sleevers some hope that eventually life will be normal again!

I am seven months and 3 weeks out, and tonight I am munching on melted cheese and ham on toast with relish (one piece is all I can manage). I might have a bowl (small) of ice cream in an hour if I get peckish later!

Last edited by gottarhyme on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2011, 8:49 am

8 months out:

I had a chinese meal out with my Mum.

Entree: 1 mini spring roll with sweet and sour sauce

About 3 pieces of YUMMY boneless lemon chicken and a few tablespoons of fried rice

1 glass of sauvignon blanc

small bowl of icecream

Very civilised!
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2011, 8:04 am

2 mini spinach and feta triangles... yummo!
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

Hi guys,

Nearly 4 weeks out.

Tonight I had the choc and icecream part of a choc top at the movies, yum, couldn't finish the cone tho. Made funny slurping noises trying to slurp the last bit of ice cream out of the cone hehehehehe

Then, at home after the movie I had about 1/2 a cup of macaroni cheese, noice
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 12:59 pm

Half a piece of steak mmmmm steak, and mouthfull beans,peas
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

Over 7 months out...

1/2 a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, wholemeal bread - it was big bread, bought at Tullamarine Airport.
I resisted krispy kreme donuts... smelt soooo good.
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 11:54 am

almost 7 weeks out.

a small piece of zucchini slice, and a couple hours later managed to fit in a small piece of the homemade brownie my husband made, tsk tsk. :)
Back to top Go down
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

A bowl of All bran with skim milk..boring I know!
Back to top Go down
bintang
Part of the furniture
bintang

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 11:14 am

i chicken & vegie rissole & maybe 1/4 cup coleslaw. 4 weeks out.
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl_WA
Countrygirl_WA

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

Homemade Pad Thai, almost 5 weeks out :)
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 9:14 am

Great minds, CareBear!

I am presently eating a small piece of Fillet Steak with mushrooms, garlic, marsala and cream sauce, a small serve of peas and creamy mashed potato.

Savouring EVERY bite, slowly!

*8 Months after sleeve*
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 8:11 am

Eye fillet steak (80g) with bacon and garlic with fried mushrooms soaked in balsamic vinegar. 4.5 mths out.
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture
mum of four (bec)

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 10:40 am

Chicken from two mini chicken drumettes, small amount of crunchy asian salad and a sliver of vanilla cheesecake to finish. 5 months out.
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

one crumbed chicken oven thingy and a bowl of mixed salad with low fat dressing. A small piece of pavlova. Well it is xmas nearly.
After the family have had theirs it is going in the bin. No more temptation.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 9:30 am

wanttobehealthy wrote:
Can I just post a big "yay" to you all for posting what you're eating - it simply reaffirms that this surgery was the best decision I've ever made. It makes me excited for my future :) (And hanging to move onto puréed tomorrow LOL)

Cheers,
W2B :)

And this is the reason I started this thread, so that we can see that life is NOT over for us just because we have been sleeved! We can still eat, just smaller amounts of most foods!

I was naughty tonight, because I was travelling. I stopped off at Gundagai McDonalds and had 3/4 of a cheeseburger, which I didn't really enjoy, but I was with my Mum, and she was eating, and I felt I had to.

I am 8 months out.
Back to top Go down
FNM
FNM

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 8:42 am

Spicy Thai-style chicken. Chicken mince cooked with sweet chilli, soy, fish sauces with chopped basil, coriander & mint. Served wrapped in lettuce leaves with boiled Jasmine rice. Very yummy. I can eat about 3/4 cup chicken & rice in 3 small lettuce leaves. I'm 5 months out.
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 7:35 am

6 weeks out. My husband has currently in the oven - chicken breast pieces covered in homemade tomato sauce, chopped ham, and a sprinkle of cheese. I will possibly be able to eat about a 1/4 of a chicken breast with some of the sauce :)
Back to top Go down
Rowena
Rowena

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 7:07 am

slow cooker chicken curry with a little bit of brown rice. 12 months since bypass in 2 days :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 3:07 am

100 gms chicken breast with salad and no fat greek salad dressing

Salad consisted of:

3 slices cucumber
2 cherry tomatoes
2 slices avocado
1/2 small carrot
I don't buy lettuce anymore, living alone its pointless LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 2:41 am

I cup of Lamb Korma with a small piece of Arabic Bread. Yum.
Back to top Go down
NoLongerA"Wanttobe"
NoLongerA

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptySun 27 Nov 2011, 2:03 am

Can I just post a big "yay" to you all for posting what you're eating - it simply reaffirms that this surgery was the best decision I've ever made. It makes me excited for my future :) (And hanging to move onto puréed tomorrow LOL)

Cheers,
W2B :)
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

9 weeks out ...

Chinese! A beef, veg and cashew dish with Singapore noodles. I had some for lunch and then another serve for dinner ... I think I have enough left for the next 7 days!!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 12:21 pm

I went out for our admin Xmas party.

I had a slice of turkey and gravy, some roast pumpkin, taste of roast potato, tiny bit of cauliflower in white sauce, full as plus 2 glasses of wine.

Desert was chocolate baskets filled with chocolate mouse and fresh berries. Mine is in the fridge, bought it home with me.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

Beer and Bourbon? Well, at least you had the food groups covered!

8 months out, and I had some chicken satay and rice from our local Thai takeout (about a cup all up). Also two butter nut cookies and I just had a nice cup of tea. I brought a teapot for one, and it has a strainer in the pot. Best cup of tea EVER! Irish Breakfast from Twinings.
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

beer,bourben,beer,bourben did i mention beer. what a prick of a day working on hot cars, in muggy weather.

dont worry was only 1 beer and 1 bourben, and just about to pass out of exhaustion
Back to top Go down
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 7:20 am

louie42 wrote:
Cherrypie l didnt know you could could a pasta bake in a slow cooker l would be very interested in the recipe? and yes it does sound yummo lol

Doh - how dumb am I?! (Don't answer that ....). Sorry, it is Chicken, bacon and potato bake WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 32773 . New potatoes whole in the bottom of the crock, covered by a layer of chicken thighs (I used boneless), sprinkled with a couple of rashers of bacon chopped small. Then the sauce was half cup of light creme fraiche and same quantity of water, mixed with a slow cooker mix.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 EmptyFri 25 Nov 2011, 6:43 am

I am having a left-over mini beef burger.
I ordered these last night when out for tea, just the right size for sleevers. The meal was two mini beef burgers, sour dough roll and some lettuce, beetroot and relish. It was so yum! So I saved one for tonight, can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?   WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve? - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR DINNER TONIGHT? Tell us! And how long is it since your sleeve?
Page 21 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next