AuthorMessage
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 08 Oct 2008, 2:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Yesterday I Had:

Protein shake

1 arrowroot buiscuit made mushie with a Jarrah

soft noodles in plum hoisen sause about half a cup

scrambled eggs about 3/4 of a cup

1 yogo What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 796297

1 Jarah

1600mls of water with a small amount of diet cordial.

I think I am having the wrong foods to lose weight? Do you think there is enough protien in there? Also I am finding I not hungry at all in the morning and then get hungry at night (or empty) and have like a sore churning tummy.

Is anyone else willing to critique me and/or post their food intake for the day so I can copy the successful sleevers? I was hoping we could make a running post so that I can continually record what I eat and compare it so I don't go to far off track.

I am still restricted a bit as I am still on mushies. That finishes in a week or two so I am starting to move towards normal foods.

Cinni
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySun 26 Oct 2008, 9:15 am

Ok i havent been on much this week but here goes

1/13 weetbix with skim milk
1 scone with butter and jam
a couple of lollies
A very small piece of roast beef, a sppon full of mashed potato, and a spoon of carrots and peas and corn
Went out to a girls night in party and snacked all night on cashews and brie cheese and a couple of crackers...then they had supper...omg....so much food but i limited myself to 1 pinwheel

I had about 3 coffees and water with diet cordial throught the day..then a can of sprite while out
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: THANKS   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySun 26 Oct 2008, 7:50 am

thanks everyone for helping me. I feel so supported! I am glad that others seem to be having the same thoughts as me....it makes me feel normal and alot less of a freak case.

Chrisbychic I have taken your suggestion into stong consideration and am not going to be snacking at all.
I am going to do a two day optifast if I have enough self control for it....lol:)

What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 618285
Back to top Go down
untamed_angel277
untamed_angel277

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySun 26 Oct 2008, 12:07 am

Hmmm for me yesterday since im feeling brighter felt like i ate all day... looking at what i write i think i did...

b/f 1 scrambled egg and half a piece of toast
snack 2 cruskets with grated cheese on them
lunch beef strog about half a lil bowl with pasta
snack lil packet of chips (they were yummmm)
Dinner half a lil fish and half a potato and1/3 cup of veg
snack milk
prob 700ml of coke
and 500ml of water
200ml of milk

yesssss i know i grazed all day but it went down sooooooo good
ohhh and my drink of choice this last week has been coke nope not diet coke but coke (has something in it that burned the throat but made it feel sooo good)... so yeah i think the scales arnt gonna like me sometime next week but hey i feel brighter..lol..

exersize.. hmmmmm have done the usual cleaning of the house and dishes but since i have been sick havnt really done that either but going to start again next week... Going to the markets now to get some fresh air so thats a walk..
Back to top Go down
http://untamedangel277.spaces.live.com/
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 11:25 pm

Can't remember yesterday already but I am six weeks out and had the following today
Breakfast - glass of skim milk
Lunch tried the inside of an eggplant and spinach calzone - ate 4 bites threw up one- tummy sore
Snack - glass of skim milk, a teaspoon of vanilla lite ice cream
Dinner - don't know yet- but I will post it when I get back from the restaurant
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 9:07 pm

Okay, let me do another day, so we can get some more info.
Yesterday I had (as well as lots of tea, some ginger beer, and a cap)
Breakfast - 1 slice raisin toast
Lunch - small portion smoked trout, about 6 rice crackers with 2 types of dip (tzatziki and taramasalata), a slice of tomato and a few small pieces of greens
Afternoon tea - naughty - about 1/2 - 3/4 cup twisties (amazing how well these went down, too!)
Dinner: 6 pieces sushi - the ones with just rice and a flattened prawn on top - with a little avocado, 2 bites of a pear
Apart from the twisties, this is a fairly normal type of quantity for me.
Chris
Back to top Go down
sallyanne
sallyanne

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 1:31 pm

Charmaz

i was sleeved at the end of July
my weight stalled for about 3 weeks. which was when i had just started eating normal food again
it got me worried so i started having optifast again for breakfast and lunch for a few days which got scales moving again.
i worry that i eat too much
i have a snack between meals because i get hungry a couple of hours after a meal. but try to keep it to a yogart or cruskit. or some other low cal thing
but i still eat high calorie things each day (but just a tiny piece of something) trying to break my bad habits gradually
i hate counting cals and i forget to write a food diary most of the time
i think i will start using the weight watchers points because it is so much easier and counting cals.
hope that helps
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 9:25 am

Yes, you're right, Charmaz - everyone's different. I don't think you're eating much more than me - just that it's spread out a bit more. The quantities are, I think, similar. However, if you're still concerned, call your doc and ask.
Last time I talked to my doc (and I'm due to see him again next week), he told me that I was getting to the danger period, ie when you can eat more different types and textures of foods. He said that I should limit myself to 3 meals a day and nothing in between, if I could. And that when people with sleeves had problems with not losing enough weight, it was usually because they grazed their way through the day instead of sticking to 3 meals.
I've discovered over the last few weeks that this is true. I can eat more if I graze, ie have something, then something else a couple of hours later, and something else a few hours later. I started to do this without realising, and when I discovered what I was doing, have tried to stop it (not as easy as starting, though!).
I have noticed something else that might help you though. When I went from clear fluids to nourishing fluids, my weight stalled a little before I started losing again. Then when I went from nf to mushies, the same thing happened. And when I went to more solid mushies, the same again. Over the last few weeks, my weight stayed the same for nearly 3 weeks - and that's when I've been able to eat a more normal diet, and a little more than before too. I have just started losing again, though, so I think this is just my body's way of adjusting to the changes. Perhaps something similar happens with you?
Bye for now
Chris
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female

PostSubject: re eating   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 8:44 am

Thanks applesauce. I am feeling a little less freaked out about it...I suppose we should not compare too much cause everyone is different and some have blockages and other things going on for them... I suppose my weight has plateaued for about 3 weeks now... bit of a dissapointment. maybe im exercising too much or something...never mind I think I will have to trick my body somehow but need to sit down and nut it out...

Thanks again,. What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 842349
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 8:07 am

charmaz the only thing to watch there is now you are eating is IF and ONLY IF the weight stops moving for you is to start limiting the snacks you are having.

but I can not stress enough that you are so not doing a thing wrong :)

Yesterday.............

crunchie nut corn flake clusters skim milk breakfast

mcains snap in half chicken lasanga frozen meal lunch

starburst rattle snakes 6 of made me sick as a dog, never never again *LOL* talk about sugar rush

mcains snap in half tomatoa and bacon pasta eaten early to try and get me out of the sugar rush but ended up being sick any way

6 ritz crackers with a scrap of danish feta on them as my dinner had not settled after that sugar mess

applesauce
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female

PostSubject: re   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 5:57 am

wow thanks Chris...I seem to eat so much more...I think

Yesterday I had

1/2 cup of porridge
2 coffee spread out over all of morning.
1/2 piece of toast 2hr after porridge
50-100g natural yoghurt with some small bits of pinapple in it. (not much pinapple.) 1 hour after toast
weight watchers potato chips (1 point)
1 cup of potato bake for lunch with a small bit of cheese on it. yum yum (only 3 weight watchers points)
3 mcdonalds nuggets and small garden salad from mcdonalds (2.5 weight watchers points)
some cooked veges (1/2 cup about 730pm)

whilst watching a movie in the evening I also ate some microwave buttered popcorn which I overate and then had to be sick (sorry to be gross) so I dont think my body absorbed much of that...

I have now discovered that you can put some popcorn seeds in a brown paper bag with no butter or anything else and fold top of bag so it wont come open when cooking and it gives you air popped corn. I think that 3 cups of popped corn is about 1.5 weight watchers points as long as it has no butter or anything. I am going to do this for some snacks.
I also had about 3 cups of tea during the day-evening and lots of water.

Do you think I should be able to eat all this?
Is there any such thing as slide foods with the sleeve?
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 4:38 am

You're doing great, Sam - good on you! I found liquids hard - missing the whole crunch factor.
Charmaz, I was done at the end of June, and although yesterday was a bad day, here it is - you can add several drinks, including a skim cap.
Breakfast: 1 fried egg, 3/4 rasher bacon, small piece each of mushroom, tomato, eggplant
Lunch: 5 medium prawns, 4-5 rice crackers with dip
Later: 6 squares chooclate
Dinner: 1 x 200g frozen Healthy Choice meal, 3 squares chocolate
Not a day to be proud of, but I was punished by feeling sick after the chocolate.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 1:54 am

200ml skim milk + ice
1 icey pole
250 apple juice/+ice
250ml V8 juice + protein powder tsp
250ml opti chicken soup
1 icey pole
1 litre water

First week of liquids doneand one week to go. Liquids are easy, I just do the above every day. No blending, no fussing. Keeping it simple and watching the kilos melt off.

WAHOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female

PostSubject: regarding what others are eating   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptySat 25 Oct 2008, 1:12 am

Can anyone who had surgery in July 08 tell me how much they are eating on a daily basis, ie. ammount and type of food.
I am really concerned that I have stretched my sleeve and am quite anxious about this. I would really appreciate anyone else's input who has had their surgery then.

It seems that I have not had as much weight loss as others. Thanks all
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 1:22 pm

I love the crumpet toast I brought some today for breakky tomorrow. Glad you lost the 500gs Lynnette I sure it was just the body fluctuating aye.

Yesterday I had a bad bad day but did exercise more than I have in years.

Jarrah
500mls of water.
1600mls of water with lite orange cordial in it.

Breakfast: 3/4 of a sachet of uncle toby's cinnamon and brown sugar oats with skim milk

Morning tea: One triangle of low fat laughing cow cheese.

Lunch: 3/4 of a snack size frozen lasagna

Snack: 2 rows of snack chocolate DOH! Felt sick after too but didn't stop me later. :[img]http://ww

Dinner: Low fat fetticinni 3/4 of a cup

snack :[img]http://ww a piece of sarah lee chocolate barvarian. :[img]http://ww I am weighing myself tomorrow and don't know what to expect!

I did go for a walk though for an hour and a half with another bandit we talked so much we just kept walking boy I was buggered when I got home.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 5:40 am

Well home yesterday having a blue day (didn't even get out of my pjs) What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 302927 .

Food wise

Breakfast - 1 slice of crumpet toast (the new crumpet that is same size and shape as bread) with 1/2 teaspoon marg and fish paste.
1/2 glass of apple juice
Morning tea - coffee with low fat milk and 1tsp sugar
Lunch - 1/2 tuna pattie (tuna, mashed potato, corn etc crumbed)
Afternoon - two cruskits with pate'
Late afternoon - 1/2 banana
Dinner - 3/4 cup of minestrone soup (mum's home made - beef, tomato, pasta, kidney beans, onion, carrots, and other vegies - yummy)
After dinner - 5 chocolate freckles (naughty)
Snack - two cruskits with lite fily cheese
Before bed - 5 chocolate malteasers (naughty)
Drank about 1 litre water with apple juice used as a cordial

Felt like I ate all day yesterday. Weight loss stall seems relieved - ater puttin on .500 grms over weekend, was 1.5kg lighter this morning.
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 4:01 am

breakfast - cup tea with lite soy milk, a piece of sausage roll slice What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 796297 oops not so healthy
morning tea/lunch - chicken, parmesan and lettuce wrap (had about a third at ~10am, another third at ~midday)
afternoon tea - apple
dinner - glass of wine (at bro & SIL's for dinner) and mexican chicken wrap with salad and guacamole - probably ate about a third to a half of this

Didn't do formal exercise yesterday but a bit of running around the shops (ok not literally, wasn't jogging through Kmart!)
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2008, 1:19 am

breakfast

1/2 cup crunchi nut clusters and skim milk

morning tea

snack bag of twisties yes I am evil (100 calories)

lunch
mcains healthy choice snap in half pasta dish

afternoon tea

snack bafo of twisties see once I start on them I am lost to the great king of twisties

dinner

most of a subay turkey ham & cheese wrap with cucumber carrot tomato advocdo & onion

no super the onion came back to get me good

45 minute 3.5km walk
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 9:37 pm

Ha ha ha - I love a good cup of coffee, but can't stand the lollies!
Like you, Applesauce, I tend to park further away and walk, and do more things around the house. And I'm not avoiding doing things now just because I have to get up (it was so difficult to get out of a chair before). And putting shoes on - what a difference!
Yesterday's food:
Tea
1/2 cup rice custard
Tea
about 6 rice crackers throughout the day, as I was feeling nauseous for no apparent reason
Optifast
Tea
That's all folks - just as well, after the day before!
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 11:12 am

Hi Apple,

I used to have a terrible addiction to Kopiko coffee lollies several years ago so I daren't not try them again anymore LOL.

steph
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 10:34 am

coffee produces masses of acid for me, I could not handle it before surgery and since it is just a no go for me beyond the odd mocha which I pay the price for in a nasty way. Any way I LOVE adore crave the stuff I get high sniffing others coffee I love the stuff. I have found these lollies and they have NO reaction at all to me but taste like a rich cup of coffe they are sugar free kipiko coffee drops. I just love them to bits. So anybody else out there with the coffee love but a problem since surgery can try these for a wonderful hit and so low in calories as they are sugar free.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 10:30 am

can I make a suggestion here. at the bottom of what you ate today to encourage you a little bit how about I moved my butt line......
Nobody is expecting I worked out for 4 hours at the gym *LOL*
I mean I parked my car at the back of the car park and walked that bit more
I went shopping and did 30 minutes window shopping
I walked the dog
I raked up the leaves
Just those little things that made you go geeeeeeez girl (okay or guy) I did good for myself today)
I just thought it is so not worth an entire thread but just something you can have a tiny little smile or brag about when you do your food :)
any way not a must do just a hey if it makes you feel good do it :) Hell if it is I did my own shoe laces up THAT damn well counts for a lot of us as well. Just remeber a line of pride never hurt nobody and I can not see that dragging the thread off topic :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 10:06 am

lol em
As soon as i saw you write "recess" i new you worked in a school...........like me
You sound like your doing well. I find it hard getting my fluids in when im in class.....have to remember to keep going back to my bottle.
I also can only manage 1/2 a sandwich, i tend to not eat at recess as i enjoy my coffee more at that time of the day then i do food...lol....or should i say i need my coffee....to keep me sane.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
em78
em78

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 10:00 am

hi guys
it feels like forever since I have visited this board. No excuses - just life!!
i have realised that I am missing my friend - food. i used to enjoy sitting down to eat, but now it is a chore and i dont like the 'full' feeling when I have eaten too quickly. What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 595690

b/fast
1 cup of milo

recess
1/2 cup fruit salad

lunch
1/2 salad s/wich ( 1 s/wch now lasts 2 days instead of 2 minutes!!)

dinner
i made the yummiest spag bol and eventhough my kids ate 2 bowls of it, i could only just handle 1/2 cup

I sip on water all day and am trying to drink more than 1L a day but i just get so full!

I am still getting used to planning my eating around my drinking ( nothing 1/2 hr before and after meals) i have found that although this is annoying, i feel much more comfortable
Everyone is noticing me. One of my old students came into my class today and didnt even recognise me. i just wish the size would come off my belly more. My pants are all saggy baggy around the legs and bum, and just looser on the belly! (i'm not really complaining though!)
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 9:35 am

B/F 1 1/3 weetbix with skim milk
M/T coffee
Lunch: 1 egg 2 small bits of bacon, 1 slice of bread
A/T: coffee 2 low fat biscuits (low fat biscuits are a bit boring...lol)
Dinner: 1/2 beef sausage, T/sp mashed potato, T/sp honey carrots, T/sp of peas/corn topped with diane sauce and grated cheese
Supper: coffee 2 low fat biscuits
Back to top Go down
untamed_angel277
untamed_angel277

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 6:58 am

Breakfast:
1/2 cup cherios ooohhh they went down so so good
snack cup of warm milo
Lunch tried a salad but did not agree with me so ended up in the toilet so had two cruskets with cheese on it
snack 3/4 tub yoghrt
Dinner was later and had two pieces of pizza...

drank 1400mls of fluid but still cant do the protine makes me sick all day

Today
Breakfast 1 scrambled egg with shreded ham on a piece of toast
snack pureed apple
lunch cruskets with develd ham

snack not yet

dinner will be a lil bit of corned beef mash and veg
Back to top Go down
http://untamedangel277.spaces.live.com/
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 5:53 am

Breakfast
1/2 cup crunchie nut clusters & skim milk (ate a bit much so rather over full, ages since I had ceral for breakie)

morning tea
milky tea 2 cups of, still full from breakie so passed on the cake on offer

Lunch
1/2 pub hamburger an 2 chips, the hamburger was to die for the first one in over a yar besides a vile mcdonalds thing *LOL* a real old fashioned pub burger split with my sister.

afternoon tea

4 crackers with feta and spinich dip on them

dinner
some of the left over stir fry from last night, it was as yummy as the night before. One of the hazards of a sleeve there is always left overs hehehehe you do end up getting roothless and throwing a lot of stuff out tho, but this was so yum.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you eat yesterday?   What did you eat yesterday? - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you eat yesterday?
Page 28 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next