Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has been pregnant since having the sleeve or knows of anyone who has? If so how did you go eating wise? I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere, only pregnancies with gastric bypass...

Bee
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Hepburn

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012, 11:14 am

Hi all,

Ive just checked in after about a year's break from the forum. I was sleeved in Canberra on May 3rd 2010, and my second child, William, was born on May 2nd 2011!!! Talk about a whirlwind year lol. I cantell you, Alice, that I would HIGHLY recommend waiting sometime before trying to fall pregnant. My pregnancy was a surprise, but not unwelcome. I started at 120kg at day of surgery and had lost about 20kg when I fell pregnant. I continued to lose during the first 14 weeks of pregnancy, then stablised for some time before finally gaining in the last 6 weeks. All in all I weighed less at the end of pregnancy than I did at the beginning but had a healthy 7 and a half pound boy with a very easy natural labour at 39 weeks. My first child, Isabelle, was a very long and quite traumatic labour and I think my weightloss and increased fitness played a very large roll in helping my second labour to be straight forward, and textbook. It was great.

However, my weightloss since giving birth over a year ago has been virtually non-existent. Im "stuck" at 88kg. Im not unhappy, but disappointed that my body has settled here after birth. I dont put on weight easily, which is good, but weightloss is really hard now and I believe that falling pregnant so soon after the surgery has played a BIG role in the difficulty.

So, my advice is to wait as long as you can (a year would be ideal). Or get as close to your goal as possible before falling.....because its easier to concentrate on yourself when you dont have a tiny baby needing you all the time :) Good luck :)

Kate
Back to top Go down
alice.r
alice.r

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 1:24 am

Congratulations!! Good on you for insisting on another scan, there seem to be so many incompetent medical staff around these days.
Back to top Go down
Cherryseven
Part of the furniture
Cherryseven

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Jun 2012, 12:58 am

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby boy
Back to top Go down
liny
liny

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Jun 2012, 12:32 am

aww Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySat 09 Jun 2012, 2:07 pm

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy!
Back to top Go down
brutal

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySat 09 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

Had my baby early this morning in a peaceful home birth, 8 days early, a little boy who weighed 6#14, which is 14 oz more than my last baby 3 yrs ago pre sleeve and despite vomiting almost every day and battling anaemia and b12 and protein deficiencies ( had those pre sleeve preg too to be fair)

I weighed myself this afternoon and I was 70 kg exactly, down 6 kg or so just from birth and I'd say I will hit the 70 kg loss within weeks since sleeve in April last year. I'm hoping to breast feed so that will be another challenge but baby's good birthweight has encouraged me so much, ESP as a terrible ultrasound clinic last wk had told me he had IUGR and I had to go back and insist on a rescan as the tech was so strange and appeared very incompetent at using the machine. Rescan showed perfectly normal baby, but for a day I was very panicked and it almost lead to emergency delivery, you so have to be your own best advocate when it comes to health matters.
Back to top Go down
alice.r
alice.r

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 May 2012, 1:34 am

thanks so much mamacass :)
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 4:45 am

Hi Alice.R,

Well I can try to answer some of your questions - I am currently pregnant and it is my first since having the sleeve (second in all) and I have yet to see how my body responds later to weight loss once bub is born.

For me I was one year out before falling pregnant, but if you are super keen to try I think waiting at least the first 6 months for your body to recovery from the surgery. I personally found that at 6 months out I could eat a lot more and was "comfortable" in terms of my recovery and adjusting to what is a maijor operation.

I have seen on here people have fallen pregnant earlier than that and still been ok, and lost weight all while being pregnant. I guess so long as you can take and keep down vitamins it should be ok, albeit a strain on your own health.

So to answer your other questions, I was not at goal weight when I fell pregnant, was 7 kg out from it. So far I have progressively gained weight, maybe more than I ought to, but have to date gained 7 kg. I have resigned myself to accept that it is ok if I gain between 12-15kg - given my first baby was big weighing in just under 5kg I figure that worst case would see a 10kg actual weight gain which I will then need to work on after the fact.

With my first I was 20kg heavier when I concieved my first, and weighed around 93kg. Being obese while pregnant can put pressure on your body etc, and involves extra tests - such as gluecose tests etc. It would be best to at least speak to your GP about falling pregnant at your current weight and what affect that might have on you and the baby.

My worst experiance while being pregnant with my first was the actual delivery - where I had to have an emergency c section. As they had already had difficulty with my epidural (which was placed wrong and no doubt because of my extra weight) I had to have a general. But what I found the most akward was when they transferred me onto the operating table - still awake at this point - and it is slightly slanted and very narrow, I swear to god I thought I was just going to roll off the thing and had nothing to grab onto.

I hope this time around I wont have these problems.

At the end of the day my view is that if your body is healthy enough to conceive than there should be no reason that you cant have a healthy pregnancy.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
alice.r
alice.r

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 1:35 pm

sorry, prob should have posted this in here in the first place, i always get lost in all these threads!
I had a question for those pregie/post preggie sleavers:

How heavy were you when you got pregnant?
Getting a little antsy and I've sort of been spurred on by the fact my cycles have corrected themselves from 60-70 days(!) to 32-39 days. I've lost 30kg so far, I know I'm still much bigger than I should be but time is a ticking, and because of my dodgy period history and family history we're keen to try asap. It equates to a loss of 18% of my body weight and I have read that although not ideal, even 5-10% loss can help fertility (I know that you're supposed to wait at least a year, but im referring to if it's fine with your doc to try earlier due to circs). Clearly lighter is better, please don't give me a lecture on that, this is the best decision for our and my health/family history circumstances.

Just wondering how heavy people were when they got pregnant and if they felt there was any major practical disadvantage/issues that arose from becoming preg before hitting goal weight?
Also, did you find you were able to continue losing weight with your sleeve after the pregnancy?

Thanks ladies :)
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

Yes...

Unless you are planning to give birth to a kitty cat!

I think your baby will be gorgeous, because you are!
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Apr 2012, 3:20 pm

gottarhyme wrote:
I can't WAIT to see Little Miss Cee's gorgeous offering! I am hoping its a really pretty little girl!

By offering GR do you mean bub? Lol.
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Apr 2012, 2:41 pm

mj78 wrote:
Hey ladies,

just wondering if anyone had type 2 diabetes pre-op, had sleeve and then got pregnant....did you get gestational diabetes? Just wondering what my chances might be post op if/when I get pregnant.....ta

hello
i had type 2 diabetes before pregnancy but when pregnant its just called diabetes not gestational diabetes that is only people that were not diabetic before pregnancy. nothing changed for me except trying to keep my sugars up as i couldnt eat.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

Thanks Kate! Maybe we can do Grandma stuff and take her to the zoo? Nuts

And BRUTAL...Thank you! I never get sick of compliments! Funny that!

Back to the babies! I can't WAIT to see Little Miss Cee's gorgeous offering! I am hoping its a really pretty little girl! Hey. Mods! We need BABY avatars!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Mar 2012, 7:34 am

Michelle you can always share Grace. I don't mind. After her and Bec living here for 3 weeks I'm actually quite happy to hand her over for a little while......only just a little while though.
Back to top Go down
brutal

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Mar 2012, 6:04 am

Michelle, your photo is just amazing, you've taken years off your face!!!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Mar 2012, 5:30 am

All the little Bubbas! How exciting! I just want to be a Grandma, now! However, I think my daughters have other ideas.

Ah well, I will just have to be a Cyber Grandma! I am happy for all of you!
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: gestational diabetes   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 12:12 pm

Hey ladies,

just wondering if anyone had type 2 diabetes pre-op, had sleeve and then got pregnant....did you get gestational diabetes? Just wondering what my chances might be post op if/when I get pregnant.....ta
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2012, 9:19 pm

Hi ladies,

I've just found out I'm Pregnant too Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 542174

I can't wait to follow your progress in here, please drop in regularly. Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 217555

We think I'm five weeks tomorrow, so very early days. I'm off for more bloods today and Monday, just to make sure my hCG levels are on track. I'll get the results on Tuesday and plan to see my Dietitian after that just to make sure I'm doing the right things.

I'm not very hungry at the moment and am having to force feed as such to make sure I'm getting stuff in. I've also slowed down on my exercise, I'm really feeling tired and I'm also having trouble getting to sleep and waking early for a loo run and not able to drift back to sleep.

Yesterday I ate:

Elevit with Iodine
Protein shake (after low energy Aqua class) and 1 piece toast with peanut butter
Vitaweat lunch slice with Tuna and Cheese
High protein Mini Bar and 125g tub low gi Greek yoghurt
1 glass lite milk
Small Roast Pork dinner (80g meat)
1 snack size snickers, 1/4 cup lite milk

~ 1240 calories, 88g protein.

I was wondering if you've been given any advice on calories to consume etc at this early stage and if weight loss is still ok. I've lost just over 1kg in six days which is a huge drop compared to what it's been.

Its taken so long to get to this stage, I just want to make sure I give this little one the best chance of making a grand entrance in November. Raining loce
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 7:00 am

Congratulations LittleMissCee! That's a good day to have a baby, it's my birthday!!!
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Part of the furniture
Samantha

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 9:33 pm

Congrats on your pregnancies Ssjad and LMC. how very exciting!

Im 16 weeks tdy and dying to know if we are having a boy or a girl. They dont do the gender scans here so i have to wait, ill be nearly 20 weeks before i know!

Its so hard isnt is mummacass on the weight gain issue, obviously we know we are going to gain but im finding hard not knowing how much is too much and not enough. Obviously there are standards but they do not relate to us sleevers in the strict sense. Also depends on your starting range, if you still have weight to loose you could effectively gain very little as your losing stores etc. As of tdy ive gone to 65kg, i was 65 at LMP. So i have gained the two of what i lost in the first trimester making back to where i started when i fell. hate to admit 65 cause it was flicking between 64 and 65 :-( its taking me a little while to get used to weight gain, some will think this is silly but when you have spent so long losing weight its a hard thing for your brain to accept.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

Congratulations LMC, hope you are feeling well and everything is going to plan for you.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

I didn't think I would be joining in on this thread for quite a few years yet...

But hello fellow future mummas to be..

I'm due October 15 :)
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2012, 8:43 pm

Hi Ssjad, congratulations on your pregnancy!
Well I am now 16 weeks along and doing well.. I have started to gain weight now.. managed to avoid any gain during the first trimester, am now 2kg more than starting weight. Argh. I know that its meant to happen and its good for the baby, just getting my head around the fact it is going to happen and dealing with the underlying fear of what if I gain too much then don't loose it after. It probably doesn't help that I weigh myself at least once a day and sometimes twice.
I guess I need to stop or only weigh myself once a week.
I'm hoping to find out the sex of this little one in the next couple of weeks, and kinda hoping will find out at my next OB appointment on Sat..
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012, 12:55 am

Hey ladies. I haven't been on this forum in absolutely ages and will have to read through to see what's happening.

Anyway, I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant - Yay!! Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 542174

It comes after months of no periods so have yet to find out how pregnant, but I'll have an ultrasound next week for that.

So, I thought I'd come back here and see how pregnancy works with the sleeve. So far I almost feel like I don't have the sleeve - I'm just ravenous constantly, and seem to be able to eat WAY more than usual. On one hand I'm hoping that calms down, because my previous two (out of three) pregnancies I put on about 30kg. On the other hand though I'm aware I'm starting from a rather low weight and am happy to do anything bubby needs me to do.

I look forward to reading this thread and my other old favourites to see how everyone's going, and to meet some new sleevers hopefully...
Back to top Go down
msnavaho
msnavaho

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyWed 08 Feb 2012, 6:19 am

Hi guys

Well its been awhile since I last posted and things are going well here. We have fouund out that its a little boy and the pregnancy is been going great. He is due on the 21st of April and although I had a C-section last time we are going to try for a normal delivery this time.

I have lost weight even though I have increased my intake of food but they have monitored his size and he is actually measuring about a week ahead so they arent to worried and my vitamin levels and iron levels are ok.

I wasnt able to do the polycose test where you drink a sweet drink and they test your blood for 2 hours I was unable to get all the drink down in time and keep it down lol I did warn them though.

I hope everyone is going well and I have to say as much as I have craved an ice cold beer and no im not a drinker I havent had a sip I with you guys on that one
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 3:03 am

Well today I am now 13 weeks pregnant... going well.

This time around I too have found that I feel dizzy more than I recall in my first pregnancy. Also I have a constant fowl taste in my mouth which I again do not recall from my first. Which is bad in a way as I often find myself reaching for a lolly to take the taste away or to try to abate the head spins.... it seems to work. Am also relying on mints for the bad taste :)

So far my weight has remained fairly stable... about week 5 (when I discovered I was preg) I gained a kilo, then a week later my weight dropped down back to the usual 73kg. Even though I have found I am eating more than I was before being preg.

This week my weight has gone up slightly, and am 73.8kg. But am not fussed. They say to expect 1-2kg in the first trimester. Not too sure how I will react in the following weeks and months when the scales creep...

I am also worried that I will stack the weight on, though In my last pregnancy I gained about 15kg and isnt too bad - and was mostly baby and fluid really as my son was a hefty 10lb 7 (which is just under 5kg!!). I think if this time around i do the same I will be ok with that... I think I am more worried about the preceeding months after bub is born - which is where I stacked on the weight.

I think I am going to need to find something to do while I am not working so that I don't find myself constantly eating while at home.

Like Sam one thing I found difficult is getting in enough liquid for the scans, just because of the time of them and the fact you need to drink 1L the hour or two before. That is hard if it is around the same time as a meal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy with the sleeve
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next