Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Newbie from Newcastle region Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle region   Newbie from Newcastle region EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 9:34 am

A big hi and welcome to Jordysmamma and Peterutd. Hope you both are finding this forum as helpful as I did. Loads of info to read through and if you can't find the answer to your questions just ask away, someone will help you out. Good luck on your journies and keep us posted of how things are going.

Kate
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle region   Newbie from Newcastle region EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 7:11 am

You are making the right decision. I myself have never looked back!
Back to top Go down
envious

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle region   Newbie from Newcastle region EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 8:42 am

Spirited, I was sleeved on the 18th of Jan by Dr Costa Karihaloo who works out of the same surgery as Dr Gani, he's done plenty of sleeves and I cannot fault his team, they have been absolutely fantastic to me! I had a perfect recovery, not an ounce of pain, no shoulder tip pain, nothing! I highly reccomend you talk to him before thinking of heading to Sydney - think of what happens if you get home and need emergency care, and what about the followup?
Back to top Go down
spirited
spirited

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle region   Newbie from Newcastle region EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 4:37 am

Hello..
Who is your appointment with? In in newcastle also, have confirmed my decision today to do it. just waiting on time off work confirmed so I can go ahead. I am 99% sure will be done in sydney because Dr Garni in Newcastle hasnt done many although im sure someone might be able to let me know of their sucess through him and what they thought?
Back to top Go down
nesssie31
nesssie31

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-01-27

PostSubject: hello Jordysmamma   Newbie from Newcastle region EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 2:18 am

Newbie from Newcastle region 473426 im nesssie:)

im also from the hunter region i live in branxton.

welcome...im only new here also i only joined the other day after i had my gastric sleeve on the 23rd of jan, so now im 11 days out. it to has been a long journey to get to this point, but its new exciting, frightning journey, we are all taking:)

if there is anything i can tell you about my journey, just ask and ill let you know:)

the people on here have been great warm and friendly, its its a great place to ask questions and get info, i wish i had found it before i took this path, as there is sooooooooooo much support:)

looking forward t hearing from you

nesssie
Back to top Go down
peterutd

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Hi Im peter im having my sleeve done in april Im looking forward 2 it .I had my band removed because my body rejected it after 3 years i was shattered but the sleeve op hopefuly will be better    Newbie from Newcastle region EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 6:52 pm

lindabinda wrote:
A BIG welcome to you Jordysmamma :-)

Hope you have a wonderful journey, browse through all the posts, there is a section further down the page with things about careplans, but as I didnt have one I am no expert.
You will get lots of helpful advice and support here!

Cheers,
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle region   Newbie from Newcastle region EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 3:44 pm

A BIG welcome to you Jordysmamma :-)

Hope you have a wonderful journey, browse through all the posts, there is a section further down the page with things about careplans, but as I didnt have one I am no expert.
You will get lots of helpful advice and support here!

Cheers,
Linda :)
Back to top Go down
Jordysmamma

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Newbie from Newcastle region   Newbie from Newcastle region EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 3:37 pm

Hi am just at the very start of my gastricsleeve journey hopefully , I have my first appt in early March, have taken at least 6 years to get this far with deciding to do it, am now truly committed a tad scared and fearful however i am committed to seeing it through. Is there anything I should consider in preparing myself I have my referrals a friend has suggested having my dr do a care plan as this may help with costs etc anyone else have any suggestions ....would live to hear them cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Newcastle region   Newbie from Newcastle region Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Newcastle region
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: