Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has been pregnant since having the sleeve or knows of anyone who has? If so how did you go eating wise? I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere, only pregnancies with gastric bypass...

Bee
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MummaCass
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 3:03 am

Well today I am now 13 weeks pregnant... going well.

This time around I too have found that I feel dizzy more than I recall in my first pregnancy. Also I have a constant fowl taste in my mouth which I again do not recall from my first. Which is bad in a way as I often find myself reaching for a lolly to take the taste away or to try to abate the head spins.... it seems to work. Am also relying on mints for the bad taste :)

So far my weight has remained fairly stable... about week 5 (when I discovered I was preg) I gained a kilo, then a week later my weight dropped down back to the usual 73kg. Even though I have found I am eating more than I was before being preg.

This week my weight has gone up slightly, and am 73.8kg. But am not fussed. They say to expect 1-2kg in the first trimester. Not too sure how I will react in the following weeks and months when the scales creep...

I am also worried that I will stack the weight on, though In my last pregnancy I gained about 15kg and isnt too bad - and was mostly baby and fluid really as my son was a hefty 10lb 7 (which is just under 5kg!!). I think if this time around i do the same I will be ok with that... I think I am more worried about the preceeding months after bub is born - which is where I stacked on the weight.

I think I am going to need to find something to do while I am not working so that I don't find myself constantly eating while at home.

Like Sam one thing I found difficult is getting in enough liquid for the scans, just because of the time of them and the fact you need to drink 1L the hour or two before. That is hard if it is around the same time as a meal.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Part of the furniture
Samantha

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 11:53 pm

Thanks ladies. I think theres a few of us expecting at the moment. Hope we can keep this thread active, it may be helpful to others down the track. I havent found that much info to help me as people drop off and are at different stages etc.

About me, my all time heaviest was 144 which was full term with my son. I stacked on 40kg with my first pregnancy.. when i saw my surgeon i was 134, im currently 63. I have a 5 year old. i am 15ish months out from my sleeve. Without the sleeve this much awaited baby would never have happened.

MS has been pretty much non-existant compared to my first pregnancy. Had some afternoon sickness that was instantly fixed with eating something.

Tired, yep still tired, but its a different type of tired. but again being such a different weight to last time i think makes a world of difference, Most days when im feeling buggered i sit for literally 2-3 minutes and im right to go again. before i would be down and out for the count.

Dizzyness- didnt get this first time, do get it more now that im pregnant, did get bouts of it in early sleeve days.

Ultrasounds- i start much earlier on the fluids and have to skip food but manage to get the 1ltr in as they require. They say 2 hours before, i started about 4 before and was still going at about an hour before to get the 1ltr in.

Weight- have been really interested in this. i was 65 at LMP and currently 63, been at 63 for id guess 2 months now. I am eating more often becuase im worried about not getting enough in. Seems to be working because im stable and honestly im eating a fair amount more than i was pre-pregnancy. By this stage last pregnancy i had already put on 10kg. i was about 100 when i fell first time around, ended up 144 full term. im concerned to put on too much weight but also concerned to not put on enough. Though im 63kg i still have plenty of fat stores if i need them.

Sam
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 11:03 pm

Congratulations to you both, MamaCass and Sam.

Well done!
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 9:15 pm

Wohoo Sam, we ate only 4 days apart!
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 2:58 pm

Congratulations Samantha.. That's fantastic news! Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 362526
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 1:11 pm

Congratulations Samanatha kiss Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 446871
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Part of the furniture
Samantha

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 10:17 am

Finally i can join this thread, im 12+1 due 17th august!
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2012, 5:57 am

Congratulations MC.

Looking forward to your updates.

Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 8:34 pm

Thanks everyone.
While I'm yet to get any specific advice concerning nutrition and the sleeve while pregnant, feel like my small tummy is already well programmed like a pregnant woman as can only eat little and often. However contrary to the sleevers anthem, protein protein and more protein, I've made friends with crabs who are my new bffs to combat morning sickness. My top fav atm is tomato on toast with pepper and salt. Mmmm :) no weight gain yet, but that's completely on track for first trimester.
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 12:03 pm

Congratulations! that is lovely new for you!
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 6:27 am

MummaCass Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 542174 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 542174 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 542174

Congrats to you and I hope you have a wonderful remainder of your pregnancy xxx
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 6:25 am

Congratulations!

I wish you a safe, happy & healthy pregnancy! :)
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 6:10 am

Hi all!
Well its been a while since I was on here but just wanted to tell the news that I'm pregnant! It is my second but first since being sleeved.
I'm 9 weeks and due around Aug 13th.
I was a very good girl and waited until my 12 months before trying.. had my implanon out on the 14th of Nov and conceived a week later! How quick was that!!!
Am interested in hearing from anyone else due around the same time. :)
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 2:59 am

Little Miss Cee, We think the poster (MelbourneKiwi) left after we posted what she did not want to hear. So there is no one left to offend, as she terminated her account. I just hope that somewhere in her head a little bit of common sense has sunk in and she has stopped drinking for the sake of her poor baby.

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 697586
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 2:43 am

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post below.

But it's something I feel very strongly about.

I'm not sorry for the post, and I mean every word.. I just hope nobody else has taken offense, that's all.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyThu 12 Jan 2012, 2:22 am

This is going to sound so harsh, and probably out of line..

But, are you for f**king real? Can you honestly be that stupid, as to think it is okay to drink whilst pregnant?

Do you not watch tv? Do you not read the newspaper, magazines, internet, etc. ?

Common sense should tell you, that drinking is a big NO NO. As for a dr telling you it's okay? They should be shot.

This makes me sick. I don't understand why you can think it's okay to drink.

I sincerely hope you have a healthy baby with no repercussions.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySun 08 Jan 2012, 1:07 am

Just type 'fetal alcohol syndrome' into google. There is a LOT of factual evidence and sites out there, and not one of them advocates having even ONE drink whilst pregnant!

I have taught kids in High School with this syndrome. A lot of the Mums say they barely drank while pregnant! Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 697586
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

I am hoping that the 'factual' evidence is real, responsible evidence and responsible advice and that the 'reliable resource' is from your obstetrician and health care team caring for you. What has been quoted here so far is correct information.

Pregnancy is a time when you need to do what is best for your baby. Abstaining from alcohol during pregnancy is very important. It was irresponsible for your dietician to advise that you could drink during pregnancy. If you are ever in doubt of any evidence you receive anywhere, there is one fail safe and simple action to take. DON"T DRINK WHILE PREGNANT!

Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

Can I ask if your factual evidence came up with anything different than already stated below and what reliable source you got it from? Just interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 11:31 am

Replies are appreciated. I now have the factual evidence from alternate reliable sources.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 6:24 am

Stop drinking while pregnant. I can not imagine why any Doctor or Obstetrician would even CONDONE even ONE drink while you are pregnant!

Every drink you have, goes straight through the umbilical cord to your baby and gives the child YOUR blood alcohol reading. You may have caused a lot of damage to your unborn child because of your alcohol habit.

It may not even be evident until the child starts trying to reach the developmental milestones such as talking. Foetal alcohol syndrome can happen to any baby exposed to alcohol:

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Using or abusing alcohol during pregnancy can cause the same risks as using alcohol in general. However, it poses extra risks to the unborn baby. When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, it easily passes across the placenta to the fetus. Because of this, drinking alcohol can harm the baby's development.

A pregnant woman who drinks any amount of alcohol is at risk for having a child with fetal alcohol syndrome. No "safe" level of alcohol use during pregnancy has been established. Larger amounts of alcohol appear to increase the problems. Binge drinking is more harmful than drinking small amounts of alcohol.

Timing of alcohol use during pregnancy is also important. Alcohol use appears to be the most harmful during the first 3 months of pregnancy However, drinking alcohol any time during pregnancy can be harmful.

Source:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001909/

Children with this syndrome have specific facial features, such as these:

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/0715/p279.html

Please stop drinking!

Back to top Go down
brutal

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 4:16 am

It is extremely sad that anyone would have told you that any level of alcohol consumption is acceptable during pregnancy as alcohol is known to be potentially more damaging to a developing baby than illicit drugs like heroin or cocaine.

There is not much to be achieved by the stage you are at now in your pregnancy by wallowing in regret though, what's done is done and the best you can do is cut all alcohol consumption immediately, notify ANY health professional who cares for your child in his/her young life of the alcohol exposure and do research on the effects of foetal alcohol syndrome and what you can positively do to counteract any of the effects that may be present (it is not a given that there will be any effect but early diagnosis can be critical).

I know people who have never used drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine or even artificial additives when pregnant who have children with disabilities mental and physical, it really is just providence sometimes and you have to maintain a positive outlook and when you know better, do better.

I got this from wikipedia and it shows that your actions from now can have a positive effect even if there are effects.

Protective factors and strengths
Eight factors were identified in the same study as universal protective factors that reduced the incidence rate of the secondary disabilities:[6][10]
Living in a stable and nurturant home for over 72% of life
Being diagnosed with FAS before age six
Never having experienced violence
Remaining in each living situation for at least 2.8 years
Experiencing a "good quality home" (meeting 10 or more defined qualities) from age 8 to 12 years old
Having been found eligible for developmental disability (DD) services
Having basic needs met for at least 13% of life
Having a diagnosis of FAS (rather than another FASD condition)
Malbin (2002) has identified the following areas of interests and talents as strengths that often stand out for those with FASD and should be utilized, like any strength, in treatment planning:[44]
Music, playing instruments, composing, singing, art, spelling, reading, computers, mechanics, woodworking, skilled vocations (welding, electrician, etc.), writing, poetry

I hope this helps, I will certainly be praying and sending my best thoughts for a good outcome for you and your baby.

Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptySat 07 Jan 2012, 12:50 am

Hi Melbournekiwi,

I am thinking that maybe your dieticians advice on alcohol consumption is more orientated to someone who is not pregnant that someone who is. Basically any alcohol you consume, your baby consumes. Your baby will have the same blood alcohol reading as you will as alcohol does cross to the baby through the placenta. The greatest threat to an unborn baby from maternal alcohol consumption is fetal alcohol syndrome.

Is it necessary for you to drink while you are pregnant? While one standard drink per day may not do much harm, it IS far better if you abstain from alcohol while you are pregnant. If you are worried that you have done some damage, consult with your obstet who can better advise you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyFri 06 Jan 2012, 6:57 pm

Hi,

I am in a total and utter blind panic right now and need to talk. I was sleeved 1/6/2011 and became pregnant six weeks later. I am now 25 weeks pregnant.

I was told by my surgeons dietician that the guidelines in Australia for Alchol consumption in Australia were up to 7 drinks a week and no more than two drinks at any one time. I have stuck within these guidelines ( going over only 3 or 4 times to 2.4 drinks with beer ).

My obestrician is fully informed and I sought his second opinion, he said 2.4 not a good idea daily but felt there was no cause for concern.

I have found that a drink can make me feel much more buzzy than preop and found a link today online that stated alchol is processed totally differently post-op and my understanding is the effects are more rapid in the bloodstream, given this information I am beoyond terrified that I have vastly exceeded "safe" limits and will likley have a baby with disabilities. My level of self loathing and hatred could not be higher right now.

I am fully aware that alchol in pregnancy is a topical issue, I felt I was making an informed choice about evidence based safe levels in consultation with health professionals, I now feel terrified.

I am the first patient by obgyn has had with a Gastric Sleeve, he hadnt even heard of the procedure until I explained it to him.

Can anyone help me with information?
Back to top Go down
brutal

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2011, 11:24 am

I've already popped up in your other thread, but just wanted to say that your highest priority food wise is PROTEIN, it is the building block of life, after that it is your vitamins/minerals which you can get from supplements but try to get all the protein you can in your diet, from nuts, legumes (I eat roasted broadbeans, they are nice), eggs, dairy, meat, tuna, seafood etc

I've lost almost 10 kg in the 9 weeks since I found out I was pregnant, my dr wasn't too worried about tme losing some weight as many women do that normally, as long as my nutrient levels are adequate.
Back to top Go down
killerbabe82
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011, 9:38 am

hi everyone i have just found out i am pregnant not sure how far along yet hopefully will know on friday i had my sleeve 7 months ago and i was worried about becoming pregnant before the 12 month mark, i have gone from 167kg and i am currently 129kgs, was wondering if anyone can give advice on a special diet, what foods to eat ect, will the baby be ok if i contine to loose weight throughout the pregnancy?

any help or advice would be appriciated x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy with the sleeve
Page 4 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next